Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vita: apps, products and help
Yeah Hotshots is fantastic. I scored my first ever hole in one the other day on the bus home from work but didn't buy the camcorder manual record feature (with in game credits you earn from winning) and was raging I couldn't save it. I was looking around on the bus trying to find a familiar face so I could share my moment. Nearly stood up shouting 'Yahoo' with excitement!!! If you like the PS3 version than you'll like this as much.

And Ninja Gaiden is fantastic. I wasn't big into it on the PS3 though from playing it on the Vita I don't know why. It looks better than the PS3 version, or at least what I remember of it.

I tried using a front screen protector when I first got mine but it didn't go on smooth so I got rid of that bad boy. I figure if you're going to get a case for it there's not much need for it unless you kick the thing about. But they sell them for a reason, so I may eat my words yet.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
dillonthebunny Wrote:im a big fan of wipeout! damn... sounds good.

so anyone here got hotshots?
Yeah, I've got it but haven't gotten around to it because I keep going back to the other games that I own. I've heard nothing but awesomeness about it, though.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
frostface Wrote:I tried using a front screen protector when I first got mine but it didn't go on smooth so I got rid of that bad boy. I figure if you're going to get a case for it there's not much need for it unless you kick the thing about. But they sell them for a reason, so I may eat my words yet.
I'm glad I got mine because I also use my PSVita in the kitchen to look up my recipes and since I am constantly washing my hands while prepping food, my fingers tend to get a bit dry and scratchy. If I didn't have a screen protector on it, the thing would be so jacked up right now. Love having it. Looks almost brand new. :rox:

I actually just looked up a YouTube video to see if there was a good technique to use when applying the screen protector and had another crack at it and it worked a dream.

The protector is actually an anti-glare/reflect protector which I wasn't aware of and it looks good. So I guess that would be the real benefit I'm finding with using this one I just put on.

Here's the video if anyone is as bad as me at doing trivial stuff like this...

[YOUTUBE]d2HsllnccAk[/YOUTUBE]

im going to go get Hotshots I think!! the update of the PS3 one is good, but what really pisses me off is the 3D feature, I have a 3D telly, and I have to set it to run 'normally'. usually when you boot 3D games up it asks you if you want 3D or not, hotshots doesn't! it gives you 3D as normal and then expects you to turn it down, and its a pain in the arse quite frankly, and while im on a rant, its just not HD enough! bah.... but I only rant because I care! I love hotshots, always have.

I cant wait to see the new AAA games like the killzones and the CoDs.. even BF3 has me wondering how good it will be, these games should make the Vita sing. I was surprised how good Dynasty warriors was, I mean its really good if you like that sort of game, and better than the early PS3 attempts by far.

I think I will look out for screen protectors, problem is that I have never been good at putting them on my phones, so I know i will just suck at the Vita. that's why I'm so happy that the Samsung S2 has gorilla glass and unless you do something stupid, you wont need protectors. certainly the first phone I have ever had that has lasted this long with out a protector and still looks as good as new (last famous words).

..has anyone used Skype yet? any clue how I can add contacts?
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Seriously, watch that video about the screen protectors, his technique is so simple but effective. Made me feel silly when I seen how easy it can be to apply.

If you do get Hotshots, let me know and I'll give go a few rounds with ya.

I really think you'll like Unit 13 btw. It's got everything and gets fairly addictive trying to get the five stars on each mission. Then when you clear a mission you get the opportunity to do the level again on dynamic which changes the goals you've to achieve.

ive got hotshots! im just gettting my head round it at the moment, will challenge you before long!

but one thing.. are there ANY vita touch controls to be had? lol.. it just seems like there are none at all apart from a lil camera work. but saying that, it actually looks better than the ps3 version :lol: plus you can see the controls have been tweaked in a very precise way, so im more than happy!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

Oh yeah, there are touch controls for sure. If you touch the tree's they make a rustling sound. Pure genius mate.

lol.. brilliant.

I gotta say the sound on the Vita is first class.. I never realised it on the PSP or the PSPGO, but its very good here...

anyway hotshots is good, very good. this will keep me happy til I get a bigger card!

dillonthebunny Wrote:lol.. brilliant.

I gotta say the sound on the Vita is first class.. I never realised it on the PSP or the PSPGO, but its very good here...

anyway hotshots is good, very good. this will keep me happy til I get a bigger card!
Sound quality and volume were immediately noticed when I turned my Vita on. That was one major gripe I had with the speakers of the PSP. Turn the volume all the way up and it was cringe-worthy.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,187 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Copy and paste on Vita? MUSTANG750R 0 17,994 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,704 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,828 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think... TheHighlander 0 17,566 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 27,972 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,598 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita or PS3? frostface 0 5,216 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Party Chat on the Vita. frostface 0 5,206 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: