Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ni No Kuni Review Round Up Thread (New TOP marks in 1st western reviews!)
GamesMaster ~ 95%
http://n4g.com/news/1148221/gamemasters-...view-score
They call it the best RPG in years and, again, up there with the all time classics ala early FF, Chrono etc. (their highest review of the month, beating the new DMC and their highest game review overall for some time.)

Official PS Magazine UK ~ 9/10
http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread.php...Qq3OXRbHug
They hail it the best Jrpg of the gen and compare it to FFVll

RPGland ~ 10/10
http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/ni-no-k...TU7J-GgK5Q
All time classic, claims it's responsible for singlehandedly bringing back the golden age.

Playstation Lifestyle - 10/10
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013...3Lifestyle
Called it the "natural evolution of the Jrpg that oddly hadn't happened since the end of the PS1 era...until now" they also say it has the best visuals of the generation!
When I was a young man, I had liberty but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it and I had love but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three and now, in the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty and time, once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. ~ Ezio Auditore
This is what helps make me glad to be a ps3 owner now! Looking forward to this title...
Here's another!

Playstation Lifestyle - 10/10
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013...s3-import/
Called it the "natural evolution of the Jrpg that oddly hasn't happened since the end of the PS1 era..,until now" they also say it has the best visuals of the generation!
When I was a young man, I had liberty but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it and I had love but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three and now, in the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty and time, once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. ~ Ezio Auditore
Nice, knowing its getting great reviews.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
Getting good reviews all around ign 9.4
im not sure which to go for..hitman HD or this, totally different games, but you know I gotta make a choice!

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
dillonthebunny Wrote:im not sure which to go for..hitman HD or this, totally different games, but you know I gotta make a choice!
Hitman HD no question mate.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
yeah, it's going to be bloody good. ....i'll pick this Rpg up another time.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Just to be clear, Dillon, your choices are:
  1. A new, critically-acclaimed jRPG that's resulted from a collaboration between the most admired jRPG developer of this particular generation and one of the most beloved animation studios in the world, in a genre that's in real trouble and where translating for international markets is becoming increasingly less likely due to poor international sales.
  2. An HD update/cash-in bundle of three games released in 2002, 2004 and 2006, respectively, each of which are available cheaply in their original forms, and one of which was already released for the 360 when it first came out.
And you're going with the second one.

Don't get me wrong, Hitman: Blood Money is one of the best games of this generation and the disappointing reviews for Hitman: Absolution were precisely because it doesn't live up to that game's legacy, but success-wise it has had its day and I would have thought that these HD re-releases are things to play in the down-time between big releases, not to prioritise over them.

Justify your decision, damn it! :lol:
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Dillon can blow through games quick so im sure he will get around to it soon. Ni no kuni is clearly a great new game though!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy VIII appreciation thread Ryan H. 23 6,640 02-27-2009, 11:56 PM
Last Post: reccaman18
  UT3 new Mods and Maps thread. dillonthebunny 15 4,321 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Zubra-Zap
  Siren: Blood Curse review, when? Jordahn 17 2,478 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Super Smash Bros Thread Mr. SunburnMan 4 2,403 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Norrec
  MGS4.. First Review!! uh-oh to 56k dillonthebunny 19 3,363 06-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  HAZE.. First Review!! not 56k ok dillonthebunny 25 2,857 06-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Personal Review: Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core - Zapix 23 4,842 04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  The Unofficial Post You're PSN Name Thread. fatchad420 3 1,214 02-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Darth Koth
  Famitsu reviews GT5 prologue dillonthebunny 3 1,346 12-12-2007, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Monster Hunter 2... reviews! dillonthebunny 0 1,447 09-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny