Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soul Sacrifice
So, who has tried the demo yet?

my personal feelings on this is that they hype of the game let me down when I initially first played it, maybe I was expecting bigger environments and sharper graphics.

but now I have completed the demo and am waiting for the full game I am very comfortable in saying that this could possibly one of the best game on the Vita his year. the demo gives you a taste, it walks you through and holds your hand a little and as soon as you're done with the single player it just goes "HA!" and shows you what you can possibly do and what is coming and its epic...

anyway, so I thought that this game is going to be deep.. we will probably want to talk about the saving or sacrificing of souls, the fusing of the elements and everything else that I cant really get my head around right now, lol.

anyway, I seem to of hit the ceiling on 9 health and 11 magic right now, so I will continue to grind away and get some more spells.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
I am hoping to try this demo out tonight. Been having some issues with the PS Store ever since the last update. For some reason, whenever I would queue a download, the screen would show it was updating but would never actually go through with the download. I would have to shut down the Vita and try again but would get the same problem. I was finally able to download this demo, this morning. Makes me wonder if I should get the latest non-mandatory firmware update.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
So I've played the demo and here's my first impressions...

It's good. Ok, it's very good. But not as great as the hype that's been built up around it.

First off, it's not the prettiest game, it's not ugly but it's not as polished as I'd of expected it to be. Is it unplayable? No, not at all. It's dark and it's gritty and that's a damn good thing for a game that involves you sacrificing both the enemy and even your own self to turn yourself into a real badass demon slaying mofo.

What we don't get in the demo which I don't think we'll get in the main game is cut-scenes. This game really needs cut-scenes. Instead the story unfolds in a book, which is fine except that you'll find you just want to swipe through the pages and get to the action because the English narration is so badly paced. There's five second gaps between every sentence that's being narrated by this really mundane voice-over actor. If the game comes with a Japanese language option with the English subs, that's most likely the best way to appreciate the game and it's story. Otherwise you'll just get really irritated. Also without cut-scenes the game feels very rinse and repeat, accept a contract to kill a certain demon, go kill demon, go back to book, kill another demon, go back to book, and with no real story telling to give you incentive.

On the plus side, some of the powers you can obtain are really sweet. And you feel like a real badass when you're taking down huge bosses and then sacrificing them (or saving them) to make yourself even stronger. In the demo there's only so much power you can wield but I can only imagine how you can turn out in the full game.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
do you think the whole game is played out reading the book until the end?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

Yep, I really do think that. It's the games main hub.

still wont affect me buying it, i kinda thought that it would stay like that too.

I think when the PS4 start porting games over that maybe the devs will start treating the Vita like a proper console than it being just the PSP2.

anyway, what SS lacks in scope of a free roaming adventure it certainly makes up in deep spell craft and some seriously good story telling, well thats what the JP reviews have led us to believe.

I'll still be picking it up too.

yeah, certainly gameplay over lipstick... its still a winner so far, cant wait to find out how it all goes in the end.

theres people online that have said that some of the fights can last over 20mins online which sounds amazing, I will have to remember to charge my PSV before going online. its a bit like Ragnarok.. its only when you realise that the battle has now become epic that your battery is nearly spent, lol.

here is theSixthAxis review: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/04/30/s...ce-review/

its a great review, mainly because they pretty much know what they're talking about and seems like they honestly have played it a lot. they haven't given it a score because they haven't finished it, and are questioning other sites that claim to of finished the game because its so huge it brings all of that in to question.

still the sites that have scored it have all pretty much said if its your thing then its great, a couple of sites have given it a low score of 6/10 like the Edge, but I haven't read these reviews yet.

not that the reviews are pointless, its always nice to hear another opinion, but the demo was so in depth that I personally had made up my mind 100% by the time I had played it.

Just an FYI, in order to import your demo save file you must create a new Game it will then ask if you would like to import.

Had me scared when I couldn't select continue.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!