Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The PS4 News Thread
Thought we could use a new thread to discuss new announcements and speculation leading up to the launch. Also, I wanted to desecrate the new subforum with my name at the top.

[YOUTUBE]8OhDX0anXZE[/YOUTUBE]
I was wondering about this today.. HOME! we're still in the Beta phase, I do wonder if its going to be the main hub of the PS4.

the whole conference of the unveiling of the PS4 was about being social, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like this, a virtual world where you had no choice but to exist in HOME, you can stay in your apartment and use the hub/ XMB or you could venture outside and be social.

it was just a thought and a theory.. a theory thought if you like. :uhoh:

I probably wouldn't use HOME any more tomorrow than I did yesterday, but it was really interesting to see how far its come since the day it started, and it really has come on leaps and bounds. I could see this being a very very unique feature of the PS4 if that is what the Beta is destined for. plenty of people still use it, its still as populated as it was all the other times I've visited and there's lots and lots of pretty cool games.

I guess we will wait and see.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Wow a ps4 forum, and im third in line to desecrate it!!!!!!!!! Wowsies!!! And honestly i do hope that the ps4 is a more social machine than the ps3, for online pvp, etc, play the 360 is head over heals advanced in comparison. So far ive yet to hear a human voice over the ps3!!!
farfus Wrote:Wow a ps4 forum, and im third in line to desecrate it!!!!!!!!! Wowsies!!! And honestly i do hope that the ps4 is a more social machine than the ps3, for online pvp, etc, play the 360 is head over heals advanced in comparison. So far ive yet to hear a human voice over the ps3!!!
I don't know if you've watched any of the presentations for the PS4 but yeah, it has way more social content/interactivity than the PS3 and everything is built into the backbone, so game developers won't have to fool around with adding content to their games. Every feature will be readily available thanks to SCE figuring things out. :lol:
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
From the main PSX page, Sony To Unveil PS4 Design At Private Event Before E3?
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
robodaddy-o Wrote:I don't know if you've watched any of the presentations for the PS4 but yeah, it has way more social content/interactivity than the PS3 and everything is built into the backbone, so game developers won't have to fool around with adding content to their games. Every feature will be readily available thanks to SCE figuring things out. :lol:

Shweet because MS already has it! Been messing around with Blops2 and the new uprising DLC!!!
farfus Wrote:Shweet because MS already has it! Been messing around with Blops2 and the new uprising DLC!!!

i don't think you can even compare the social expectations of the ps4 against the 360, its truly a next gen thing, like I'm sure the 720 will be. but totally and incredibly in another league compared to the ps3 or 360.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

dillonthebunny Wrote:i don't think you can even compare the social expectations of the ps4 against the 360, its truly a next gen thing, like I'm sure the 720 will be. but totally and incredibly in another league compared to the ps3 or 360.
Yeah, man. For those that want the social capabilities, this stuff is pretty sweet. Just off the top of my head...
  • The ability to watch someone play a game, online, from the comfort of your own home.
  • If someone is stuck or needs help in a game, they can send you a request to remote access in and play for them while they watch you from their home.
  • Easily take any video segment of gameplay and share it online.

There's a lot more but that's to get you salivating. That is, if you're into that kind of thing. And, of course, there will be party chat.

yeah, I think people thought when Sony brought that Cloud based company last year that it would 'help' the PS4 or something, but they have gone NUTS with it, and I think its superb!

to be fair even HOME is more advanced than anything social on the 360, I would challenge anyone who would say different, HOME is amazing.. the possibilities are incredible, just because I choose not to use it is neither here or there, lol.

Could it be... ? Touch Me :evil:

[Image: er_photo_190114_52.jpg]
:uhoh: