Poll: To condense the forum or not?
This poll is closed.
Yes, condense it to make it neater and easier to navigate
85.71%
12 85.71%
No, leave it as it is. I like multiple sub-forums.
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

To condense the forum or not?
Indeed I do!

Just one thing before I start, could we please look over what's in these forums (ergo the online community forums and the helpline) and decide if we want to keep anything?

It would be sweet if Dillon can be head of this operation and help with moving the threads we would want to keep for whatever reason ("interesting" or "still relevant" are good reasons).

We are making things happen here now! All of us, together. And I appreciate the help very, very much.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
I would have thought there would be an option when deleting a sub-forum to just move the entire contents out into another one, it seems like a logical part of the process. Does vB not do that?
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:I would have thought there would be an option when deleting a sub-forum to just move the entire contents out into another one, it seems like a logical part of the process. Does vB not do that?

There are plenty options, but there's no need for that if there's just dead meat in there anyway. I mean, why not prune a little while we're at it, and clean up the place a little?

We could also make a "legacy" category and throw all old stuff into there, but again: Why? If it's dead and forgotten, I'd say let's throw it overboard.

But yeah, everything is possible. But right now, let's do an attempt of quality filtering first before we eventually decide to just as well dump it all somewhere else.
There. Job done. Ahhhhh.
Much better. Don't you all agree? More tidy, more consistent.
Oh my god. Is this really finally happening? It's like coming back home after a very long time to see someone's finally fixing up the joint. It's a beautiful thing.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
SHADOW Wrote:Oh my god. Is this really finally happening?

I think we went from 17 subforums to 14. So in other words no, nothing actually happened.
Beamboom Wrote:There. Job done. Ahhhhh.
Much better. Don't you all agree? More tidy, more consistent.

Actually didn't even notice to be honest :lol:
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I'm sorry, but we don't need an Old-School gaming section, that conversation can take place in the general gaming section. And I think it's time to let go of the PS2 and PSP sections too, or combine them with their younger siblings.
Sir Shak Wrote:I'm sorry, but we don't need an Old-School gaming section, that conversation can take place in the general gaming section. And I think it's time to let go of the PS2 and PSP sections too, or combine them with their younger siblings.

This place doesn't need anything other than General Gaming, Playstation 3/4 and Off Topic. For some reason, though, there are people who want to keep completely empty, pointless forums around. Oh well.
Sir Shak Wrote:I'm sorry, but we don't need an Old-School gaming section, that conversation can take place in the general gaming section. And I think it's time to let go of the PS2 and PSP sections too, or combine them with their younger siblings.

I agree with this. Merge PSP and Vita into a "Sony handheld", and PS2/PS3 as simply "Playstation legacy".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum FAQ Ryan H. 67 23,231 04-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Last Post: robodaddy-o
  Off Topic Forum baseballdude_ 4 1,019 09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Let's get this forum more active SHADOW 26 1,952 07-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  multimedia, PS3 and the forum. Russell Burrows 0 701 07-04-2007, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Russell Burrows
  why doesn't this website have a for sale/wanted forum thingy? aaronleo 0 871 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Not for forum, but for site dandan 0 923 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What is wrong with this forum? Ryan H. 0 907 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  To condense forum or not? Arnold K. (Admin) 0 13,019 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Linking to my forum in my sig Ryan H. 0 666 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  the forum seems to be a lil fubar right now... accord 4 me 0 881 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: