Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox one
Guys watch this hahaha. So funny.

The Xbox One announcement, the abridged version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxdMQhDMIU#!

Their PS4 one was pretty funny too.

Also, Crytek just announced that their kinect title Ryse is going to be an Xbox One exclusive.

So there is one of the 8!

EDIT: That dude from the conference has practically admitted that 3GB of the RAM is reserved for the OS. Which means there is only a max of 5GB for games. Rumor for Sony is that they will only use 1GB of RAM for their OS.
Oh noes, Crytek doing a Xbone exclusive? One of my fav devs.

Wonder if they will do an exclusive for PS4 too. Gotta love me some Crytek-awesomeness.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Kinect game, pass... I'd feel the same if it was an exclusive move title. Zzzz
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
Ryse is the one that was announced a couple of years ago as exclusive to the 360, then everything went quiet, so it's not a surprise that it's jumped a generation. The current incarnation isn't really that suited to anything that Crytek might be looking to do with it.

The built-in Kinect is something of an issue for me in general. When I do use the console they're just on my desk, hooked up to my PC monitor. That wouldn't work for a regular Kinect because I'm too close to the screen and half my body is underneath my desk, and that isn't going to change for a new one. It means having to keep an eye on the extent of Kinect functionality for any game that uses it (and presumably lots more will now), because any game that requires me to essentially move rooms just to play it isn't going to be high up on my purchase list.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
I just don't like the idea that the Kinect needs to be connected to the Xbone, and the Xbone may or may not require internet access. Big brother anyone?

I wouldn't be surprised if in a few years time someone cracks open the MS firewall and finds live feeds of peoples lounge rooms......

I just posted an article about the PS4's hardware in the PS4 forum if anyone wants to read. It really does sound quite good, and makes me excited just reading it. If what Cerny says is true, it really is nothing like the PC everyone says.

Annnnnnd this:
Microsoft promises more Japanese support for E3
Some interesting rumours today. Obviously there's no guarantee any of it is accurate or being implemented with the Xbox One, but this is what happens when a company gets all evasive about topics instead of giving what should be simple answers:

Xbox One trade-ins will only work at licensed stores, people who buy used will have to pay an activation fee of essentially full price. The article smooshes them into one process, but I imagine it covers two separate ones. If you buy a used game in a store that's signed up to Microsoft's deal (eg. GameStop, GAME) then it will already be de-activated from the original user's account and you can buy and use it like normal. If you buy the game from a friend or from a store that hasn't partnered with Microsoft (eg. some local independent one) then you'll have to pay an activation fee of practically full price.

Microsoft has patents for Kinect detecting how many people are in the room and refusing to let you play a game or watch a film if it exceeds acceptable use, charging a license fee for group broadcasts. It's just a patent so it doesn't mean it will ever find its way into the Kinect, but it does indicate what people are thinking about.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Some interesting rumours today. Obviously there's no guarantee any of it is accurate or being implemented with the Xbox One, but this is what happens when a company gets all evasive about topics instead of giving what should be simple answers:

Xbox One trade-ins will only work at licensed stores, people who buy used will have to pay an activation fee of essentially full price. The article smooshes them into one process, but I imagine it covers two separate ones. If you buy a used game in a store that's signed up to Microsoft's deal (eg. GameStop, GAME) then it will already be de-activated from the original user's account and you can buy and use it like normal. If you buy the game from a friend or from a store that hasn't partnered with Microsoft (eg. some local independent one) then you'll have to pay an activation fee of practically full price.

Microsoft has patents for Kinect detecting how many people are in the room and refusing to let you play a game or watch a film if it exceeds acceptable use, charging a license fee for group broadcasts. It's just a patent so it doesn't mean it will ever find its way into the Kinect, but it does indicate what people are thinking about.

I'm sorry, but all of this sounds freakin' Nazi-esque to me. I already don't like all the implements that "watch" everything I'm doing when I'm playing a game or shopping online or something. THIS is just SCARY.

I'd want all the confirmed details first but right now, I'm inclined to run the hell away from Microsoft.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:I'm sorry, but all of this sounds freakin' Nazi-esque to me. I already don't like all the implements that "watch" everything I'm doing when I'm playing a game or shopping online or something. THIS is just SCARY.

I'd want all the confirmed details first but right now, I'm inclined to run the hell away from Microsoft.

Folks probably shouldn't be surprised, this is sort of what MS does in all the businesses they body-snatch. To think they were in the gaming business for any other purpose is a tad naive imo.
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
I have a feeling nobody here, including me, is going to own a xbox 1!
Anyone think that what MS did was actually a good idea? Sure to gamers it was pretty shitty but to the casuals, tv, apps can be appealing. Games can be shown at E3.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox One Akuma07 0 5,330 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: