Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Vita or PS3?
Wasn't too sure how to word the title but here's my question. Do you ever find yourself turning off the PS3 in favour of the Vita? Don't get me wrong, I love my PS3 and there's a whole generation of great games available there but I'm finding myself enjoying games on the Vita more these days. Some cross-buy games even play better on the Vita in that they're just better on a small handheld device then on a big screen. Also I find because the Vita is champion for Indie titles these days, there's more unique and interesting games on the Vita, not just the same ol', same ol' stuff appearing on it's big brother.

What do you guys think? Am I just nuts?
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Recently I've been doing exactly that.... I've been watching tv with the vita, turning off the ps3 because it's almost to much of a faff to get in to anything, I guess I might be a little bored. Last of us is great and obviously worth my time, but ive found myself getting in to motogp13 on the vita more appealing than setting myself up on the ps3 for the evening .

I think when like gta5 comes out or the ps4 that i will be glued, but for now the vita is where its at for me.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
I think when the PS4 comes out the PS3 won't get a look in at all. The only exception is when Dark Soul's 2 comes out but even then I'm hoping they'll release it on PS4 but they probably won't. I do get why Beam decided he could do without his PS3, I won't say I'm done with it but there really isn't anything exciting me on it right now anymore. The Vita however I'm growing fonder and fonder of.

But the PS3 is a BD player too. That's what I've been using my systems for lately.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
I get like this when another console is due out, so I'm glad the vita is there.

i think the big ps3 games they will cloud, and i would like to think that dark souls 2 would be one of those games.
Of course this is something that could be a system seller for Sony. .. If they release ps3 games on the vita rather than the ps4, then i could see sales rocketing, but let's face it the sales are going to rocket anyway once the ps4 is out and Sony can prove that what they have been promising with the vita is true.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

I kept my PS3 for the sole reason of GTA5 possibly Dark Souls 2 also but I have a few I need to finish off on the PS3 too, but at the minute once I am done with The Last Of Us I am going to take a break from gaming as my interest has waned, I get in from work and I can't be bothered turning the PS3 on unless it's an arranged online night with clan mates, this is unless I decide to go back to something, maybe Metro Last Light.

I have got tons of books I wanna read on my Kindle and the list grows each day as I keep adding to it which is not helping any lol. I do get my Vita out now and again, perhaps I'll go back to Uncharted Golden Abyss on that. Smile
robodaddy-o Wrote:But the PS3 is a BD player too. That's what I've been using my systems for lately.

I do still play games on the PS3 but mostly it's for streaming TV shows from my laptop or watching Netflix.

And like TLPN I've loads of books I'm reading on the Kindle which I'm really enjoying and which I alternate with the Vita coming and going to work.

Even tho they're are some cracking games out, i just feel like i want to go in to status and come out when the ps4 is here, ala cartman.

I know gta5 is going to be amazing but if i get a sniff of it coming out on the ps4 then I'll wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vita: apps, products and help dillonthebunny 419 50,843 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,179 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Copy and paste on Vita? MUSTANG750R 0 17,975 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,699 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,825 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think... TheHighlander 0 17,555 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 27,962 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,591 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Party Chat on the Vita. frostface 0 5,202 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: