Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Rising 3
Right now Dead Rising 3 is kind of the only game I'd be interested in if I bought an Xbox One, though I'm not exactly super excited about it. This brief bit of footage seems to be designed to show off the wacky costumes and cool combo weapons, possibly in response to the reaction to the game's reveal footage, that it looks a lot more bland and humourless than the previous two games.

[youtube]M8-FCAb3oPM[/youtube]

The world still looks pretty bland and humourless though, probably not helped by it all taking place at night. I'm not seeing a lot about the setting that makes it look different to any other open world setting, there's no real stamp of Dead Rising's personality on it. Not that Dead Rising 1 or 2 were wall-to-wall wacky, but they had colour and stuff.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Loved the lightsabre he was wielding towards the end Smile
Yeah, there's a bunch of neat-looking weapons there. Obviously it's being developed by the same people who made Dead Rising 2 so they know what they're doing. It's just that Dead Rising 2 embraced the goofiness of the series, and there's not much evidence of that so far here.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
Some very reassuring words from VG247:
Dave Cook Wrote:I can’t stand the old Dead Rising games. It was the pressures of the time system that put me off, and while you can activate the clock in Dead Rising 3, I think I’ll be giving them a miss. But this is also why this new game appeals to me so much. It’s the open world setting of Los Perdidos that does it for me, combined with Capcom Vancouver’s wish to see you **** about in that setting as much as possible.

No really, I’ve just seen a member of the team – as car mechanic protagonist Nick Ramos – combine a Blanka mask from Street Fighter 4 then wear it, giving him the ability to perform the green freak’s crouching punch shock attack, frazzling all the undead around him. He then combined a motorcycle engine and boxing gloves to make a pair of Dragon Punch gauntlets. Ramos then starting punching his way through the horde while screaming “Shoryuken.”

If you were ever concerned that this game has killed off the silly-gene within Dead Rising’s DNA, then don’t be. Seriously, it’s fine and very, very silly. Not convinced, then how about “Jazz Hands”, which are basically big metal gloves with guns for each individual finger? What about combining a chunk of ham and a bottle of whiskey to make a “Spitfire” cocktail? Ramos can then drink it to let him breathe fire.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
OXM has the first bits of information on the character you play in co-op, a truck driver named Dick (the forum actually censors it), and also reveals that there will be seven main psychos, each based on the Seven Deadly Sins.

The Financial Post has a brief interview with the team and a comparison of the map sizes of the three games. It seems massive, and looks like you could fit both Dead Rising 1 and 2's locations inside Dead Rising 3 several times over.

Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB