Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe The Next-Gen Consoles Will Be The Last?
GreenHorn Wrote:there is no irony cause you don't understand what it means to own something -_-

data code is not real.. a code that locked down under that user
you may shear it with some people ... but it has it's limit

a box you hold in your hand a disc hold is real
you give it to some one you can sell it and you trade it
and any user name can play that disc... THAT'S owning it
own the disc means you own it it has NO limit

that's WHY DRM was a big deal on xbox one....

god, Spartan119... look I repect you ... and I agree with you from time to time... but sometime you can be a really big dumb ass... and out right a sad little man...

becase I should not hand to say what it means to OWN is ....
you picking a fight where a FIGHT was not needed "again"

(so go a head and post what ever shit you got to say to... make your self feel better) :W:

I'm done with you
*get's up walks off*

I've typically been patient with you because your horribly broken English suggests that you are either a very young child or someone for whom English is a second language, and in either event may not be able to articulate your opinions as eloquently as you'd like. Even when you claimed things as fantastically stupid as Square putting secret limit breaks on select copies of FFVII because you and your brothers "totally remember" something that never existed.

Now that you're taking to calling me a dumb ass and a 'sad little man' because you don't understand copyright law, and what is actually in EULAs, my patience has reached its limit. I already told you exactly how to verify what I was saying is true, but since your reading comprehension is probably on par with your writing, it might not have sunk it, so let me spell it out even clearer:

Every game you buy comes with an End User License Agreement that specifically spells out that you are LICENSING the software you have purchased, and that you do not own it and are not allowed to loan, sell, rent, copy or exploit it. Here's Rockstar's blanket EULA, and the part dealing specifically with this:

Quote:LICENSE CONDITIONS.

You agree not to:
Commercially exploit the Software;
Distribute, lease, license, sell, rent or otherwise transfer or assign the Software, or any copies of the Software, without the express prior written consent of Licensor or as set forth in this Agreement;

http://www.rockstargames.com/eula

That is standard language that comes with every physical and digital copy of every game you've ever bought. That's what a license agreement is, and licensing is different than owning.

You think because you can take your game to GameStop and sell it for pennies on the dollar that you own the content of the game, but because of those EULAs you don't, and you are technically committing copyright infringement every time you do. That Rockstar or EA or Ubisoft doesn't track you down and sue you for it is because it is impractical to the point of impossibility for a variety of reasons, but they absolutely retain the right to do so, just as they retain the right to physically limit or disable the content on that disc, and often do in the form of online passes. This is because you never owned the software; at best you rent it indefinitely.

This whole discussion came up because you have a little child's concept of what ownership actually means, and you didn't understand the distinction I made in my original statement in the first place and immediately laid in with insults.

You really shouldn't be calling other people names in relation to their intelligence, especially given that you are an unwitting and unintentional source of hilarity. You are the new generation of @PS3, only not quite as vitriolic, which unfortunately for you was his only redeeming quality.
robodaddy-o Wrote:The next city over gets 100Mb right now. That ISP isn't over here and that blows. I have a friend that works for that ISP and he informed me that they will be going to 200-300Mb within the next year. Bastards...

If Google decides to go nationwide with Google Fiber, broadband in the US could change overnight. 200Mbps could become the average within 5 years.

Problem is Google, as of late, seems to consider all their really freaking awesome ideas (Google Reader, Google Fiber, etc.) little more than 'interesting experiments' and all their really bad ideas (Google Wave, Google Plus) fundamental parts of their business strategy Sad
GreenHorn Wrote:I agree with you I love physical buying my games... cause I WANT to own what I buy ... I for one HATE digital... I understand WHY people love it...
but I don't and I will never will

here's a video to help people understand what trying to say Akuma07
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode...rum-crunch

Smile

Spectrum crunch, even if it were true, would only apply to mobile broadband and would not affect the digital distribution we're talking about here. Fortunately, it's all bullshit anyway (especially that video's retarded claim that we're going to COMPLETELY RUN OUT by the end of this year :lol: ):

http://www.technologyreview.com/review/5...hat-wasnt/

AT&T admitted they were full of shit in claiming spectrum crunch to begin with:

http://www.techdirt.com/blog/wireless/ar...true.shtml

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-A...um=twitter

Please stop getting your news from cartoons, Greenhorn. They're not as reliable as you might think.
Whatever. A digital copy of a game is not the same as a physical copy. Blather all you like; doesn't change that fact.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Greenhorn, I feel that I really need to step in and tell you that Spartan is correct.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Free cheese for everybody!
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
can we pick the cheese we want or is there only one type?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Ben D. Wrote:Whatever. A digital copy of a game is not the same as a physical copy. Blather all you like; doesn't change that fact.

LOL blather. Sure it's a fact that they're not the same. One is physical, one is digital. It's pretty subjective whether one is better than the other.
We already came so close this new gen for it all to go completely digital, by the next one after that, forget about it. DVD's and Blurays will be a way with the dodo. Hell even this gen is practically gone digital. Look at how this gen started out and where it's at now. No I don't believe we're ready for an all digital just yet but in six years time, absolutely, regardless of personal preference toward physical and digital. That's a fact, just like a digital copy is not the same as a physical copy. Just thought that last part needed repeating because I can see how some people can mix the two up :evil:
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Spartan119 Wrote:LOL blather. Sure it's a fact that they're not the same. One is physical, one is digital. It's pretty subjective whether one is better than the other.

Not from a collector's point of view, it isn't.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do Nintendo consoles beep so much? sean009 3 1,480 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  SF4.. War of the consoles. dillonthebunny 0 2,922 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Thinking about future consoles SHADOW 0 2,234 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Take a look at this - Kepler does real time ray tracing - Next gen consoles? TheHighlander 0 4,292 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: