Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Believe The Next-Gen Consoles Will Be The Last?
frostface Wrote:We already came so close this new gen for it all to go completely digital, by the next one after that, forget about it. DVD's and Blurays will be a way with the dodo. Hell even this gen is practically gone digital. Look at how this gen started out and where it's at now. No I don't believe we're ready for an all digital just yet but in six years time, absolutely, regardless of personal preference toward physical and digital. That's a fact, just like a digital copy is not the same as a physical copy. Just thought that last part needed repeating because I can see how some people can mix the two up :evil:

I never said it wasn't inevitable. Nobody did.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:Not from a collector's point of view, it isn't.

Yeah, and not everyone is a collector.
Also, I'm sure most major publishers will keep doing some sort of physical collectible thing for each release, so maybe for GTA VII's Collector's Edition you get your digital download + an art book and game map, and Borderlands 4 will come with your own Claptrap plushie or whatever.

Collectors will still probably be able to keep collecting, albeit in a slightly different manner.
Spartan119 Wrote:Yeah, and not everyone is a collector.

I didn't say they were. But when anyone claims to be a collector of anything and then points at a bunch of files on a screen, I roll my eyes and call bullshit.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:I didn't say they were. But when anyone claims to be a collector of anything and then points at a bunch of files on a screen, I roll my eyes and call bullshit.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally I don't see much difference between collecting games on one big disc (your HDD) or 150 smaller discs, but that's probably because I don't consider myself a 'collector'.
I collect family pictures and they're all digital files. I have yet to find anyone pointing, rolling their eyes and calling bullshit.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
robodaddy-o Wrote:I collect family pictures and they're all digital files. I have yet to find anyone pointing, rolling their eyes and calling bullshit.

If your family pictures are entirely digital, how do we even know your family exists!? :eek:
If you actually read the EULA for his family, you'll see he only has them on loan anyway. For as long as he has the digital files of his family, they can be his family but he can't put them on display for public entertainment or have them on oil rigs etc... Unfortunately since his family is digital, they don't each come with a paper users manual booklet, which sucks.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
frostface Wrote:Unfortunately since his family is digital, they don't each come with a paper users manual booklet, which sucks.

That's what GameFaqs is for. I mean, DUH, Earth to Frosty.

[Image: earth_zps41c99d05.png~original]
robodaddy-o Wrote:I collect family pictures and they're all digital files. I have yet to find anyone pointing, rolling their eyes and calling bullshit.

Hardly replaces an actual album. So I'll do it:

Bullshit.
-- Plato

-- Elbert Hubbard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do Nintendo consoles beep so much? sean009 3 1,480 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  SF4.. War of the consoles. dillonthebunny 0 2,922 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Thinking about future consoles SHADOW 0 2,234 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Take a look at this - Kepler does real time ray tracing - Next gen consoles? TheHighlander 0 4,292 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: