Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS4 Red Line of Death Reports
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/841.html

source - http://videogamesandnews.com/ps4s-red-line-death-true/

Wondering how much of this is actual faulty hardware, and how much is just that these days everyone with a console has a camera to record and post when that hardware fails.

Or, as at least one person in the comments section suggested, maybe this is people buying and intentionally destroying PS4s to give Sony a bad name :eek: :lol:
Well, considering they sold a million PS4s on day one, a few thousand faulty units are expected. Here's an interesting rumour floating around about possible sabotage of some consoles.
I've also read that a lot of these "red line deaths" are happening when trying to get the initial download/update. Apparently, the connection drops while trying to get the full download and somehow the system locks up. People have been resetting the system and that seems to take care of the problem. Then, they're downloading the updates from Sony's website and installing the firmware update via USB drive.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
Sir Shak Wrote:Well, considering they sold a million PS4s on day one, a few thousand faulty units are expected. Here's an interesting rumour floating around about possible sabotage of some consoles.

AHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
[Image: ps4_zps9218ba95.jpg~original]

Couldn't resist :p
If there are YouTube videos (and there are multiple ones now) of people buying a PlayStation 4 and smashing it for fun, I wouldn't put it past the general idiocy of the ADD fanboy public to break a system in a more subtle way, and then tell everyone the PS4 launch is a disaster.

Plus, if they have two brain neurons to rub together, they'd know that one headline just about anywhere - the source doesn't have to be big - is enough to start the rumor wildfire, and that's exactly what they'd want.

I'd never say this constitutes the majority of reports. But I would also never say it's impossible, nor is it even impossible that something like this started the whole fiasco. It just got augmented by real reports.

And P.S., it's real easy to jump into a forum thread and go, "yeah, my PS4 is broken too!!! Sony sucks! LOLOLOL" As the majority of reports have been tallied in this way, perhaps it's logical to assume that at least some percentage consist of flat-out lies from hate-mongerers.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:If there are YouTube videos (and there are multiple ones now) of people buying a PlayStation 4 and smashing it for fun, I wouldn't put it past the general idiocy of the ADD fanboy public to break a system in a more subtle way, and then tell everyone the PS4 launch is a disaster.

Plus, if they have two brain neurons to rub together, they'd know that one headline just about anywhere - the source doesn't have to be big - is enough to start the rumor wildfire, and that's exactly what they'd want.

I'd never say this constitutes the majority of reports. But I would also never say it's impossible, nor is it even impossible that something like this started the whole fiasco. It just got augmented by real reports.

And P.S., it's real easy to jump into a forum thread and go, "yeah, my PS4 is broken too!!! Sony sucks! LOLOLOL" As the majority of reports have been tallied in this way, perhaps it's logical to assume that at least some percentage consist of flat-out lies from hate-mongerers.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few people did that, but realistically you have to know that group of people has to be statistically irrelevant. There's no grand conspiracy to defame Sony, and that kind of thinking is pretty LOL
Spartan119 Wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if a few people did that, but realistically you have to know that group of people has to be statistically irrelevant. There's no grand conspiracy to defame Sony, and that kind of thinking is pretty LOL

It is statistically irrelevant and it's not organized enough to be a conspiracy.

That doesn't stop complete lies from having a significant impact.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
I think the much bigger impact is several prominent people/websites having bricked PS4s. When some random dude on a forum says his PS4 is bricked, I doubt most people pay attention. When places like IGN report bricked PS4s, it probably gets more attention.

Eventually we'll get some hard numbers on actual failure rates, and I hope it'll be within a fairly acceptable range. Since the reports cite various reasons, it probably isn't going to come down to some huge design flaw like the 360's thermal failures.
It does sound like it's just a case of advanced technology being assembled to a tight deadline. That Sony were able to get over a million consoles ready for the launch in North America is pretty darn impressive, but at that scale/speed of manufacture there are surely going to be a few things missed, and I'd imagine that's all this is.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB