Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xboxers hate Sony, or something
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps4-news/844.html

Really? This is something that needs to be said?

People who bought 360 are stupid and maybe brainwashed? Ben, do you realize that if someone is on their 'fifth 360' that 99% of the time that means MS has replaced four 360s free of charge?

How is this journalism? How is this not you, basically, doing System Wars for a living? You constantly speak about how game journalism is juvenile, but this is perhaps the most juvenile thing I have ever read.
Eurogamer did a silly post the other day here, about that South Park clip, and they ended it with:
Quote:I reckon the video is pretty funny, but one commenter on YouTube wasn't impressed.
They then included the full comment of some Microsoft fanboy missing the point and listing all the 'flaws' with the PS4. It was all a big joke, because obviously nobody cares what fanboys in comments/forums are actually saying. This article reads a bit like a serious version of that, how idiots on the internet are saying stupid things and it's somehow sickening to behold, rather than something stupid that can be safely ignored. I don't know that it does PSXE any favours to humour those people, on either 'side'.

I find all the console war stuff really dumb, and in those first couple of years after the PS3 launched PSXE wasn't really at its best. There were idiots on the forum, convinced there were all these Microsoft-led conspiracies and smear campaigns, barely able to comprehend that not everybody here was anti-Microsoft or pro-Sony, making posts based on misinformation they were fed from their communities that it took ten seconds with Google to disprove. While it was really easy to prove them wrong, by and large they would just retreat back to whatever reassuring hive of idiocy they strayed from.

I remember there was talk at the time that were some odd editorials on the main site too, articles that seemed to exist solely to criticise the Xbox fanboys or reassure the Sony ones (which all kind of died down after that article), but there's really no need to go back down that path just because Sony's had a few teething problems that will be smoothed over in a few weeks at most. They've launched well, it should be a happy time, not a defensive one. Everybody should be hoping Sony and Microsoft both launch well and that it creates good financial competition between the two, because that's how us gamers win. That's what results in things like Microsoft's complete policy reversal, or Sony looking into supporting things that they otherwise had no intention of doing.

Outside of PSXE the only single-format site I read is Rock, Paper, Shotgun, but even after a generation dominated by the consoles there's still no hostility there, just passion for the PC (or jokes like this). If a game's not getting a PC release they might mention playing it on one of the consoles, or they'll be disappointed that a game isn't getting a PC release or that it's a basic port of the console game, but there's no format war there. They don't care what idiots are saying in PC communities or console communities, because those people are idiots, there's no need for gaming journalists to address them and rebut them (and in the process legitimise them). That's for the other people in those communities to deal with.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
I was gonna comment on the main site when I seen this shady piece of journalism but I didn't see the point since that's Ben territory and I'd be the one getting mobbed for trolling.

And I completely agree that this is bad form coming from someone who likes to write articles about bad journalism in gaming.

I've had my suspicions that Ben only writes them so he can boost his over egged ego in the comments section.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Keep in mind that the poor guy needs to come up with an editorial every single day. Try that for just a couple of weeks and see how it goes. I think you should cut him some slack for that.

I know I'd go totally mental if I had to step up on my soap-box every single day and say something wise and relevant to the site. Seriously, I'd not be able to. Not a chance. I'd go bonkers.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
He doesn't have to post an editorial every day, just the news. He could save the editorials for something that resembles proper journalism, not this flame bait BS.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I thought the picture of the ostrich was pretty funny. Or is that an emu? I just don't know any more.

Confusedobs:
He should not have to post an editorial every day, but it's just how it is. Five news stories and one editorial a day seem to be the rule. Who set that rule I don't know but I don't think that balance in itself is so bad. It should just have been written by more people than just one.

And yeah - I am very much uncomfortably sitting in a glass house commenting here. Cause really, if I could I would and should have helped out more.
But taken the circumstances of an expected output of five news stories and an editorial a day I think that expectation is in itself almost inhumane.

But yeah, it's not like I disagree with you all. I just understands how one can just grab the closest flamebait topic they got at hand and just churn out a text just to get that post out of the way.
I would extremely likely have done the same myself, had I needed to produce the same volume every day. Well, it's not even just "extremely likely", it's guaranteed. Cause what's easier than to add gasoline to an already ignited fire? The words practically fly out by themselves. Smile

So what I would suggest is that you all just ignore the lesser interesting articles and hop onto the more constructive ones, or interesting ones. Much like I try to do here in the forums. It's not harder than that, really.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Seriously? LMFAO Wow...
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
Beamboom Wrote:He should not have to post an editorial every day, but it's just how it is. Five news stories and one editorial a day seem to be the rule. Who set that rule I don't know but I don't think that balance in itself is so bad. It should just have been written by more people than just one.

And yeah - I am very much uncomfortably sitting in a glass house commenting here. Cause really, if I could I would and should have helped out more.
But taken the circumstances of an expected output of five news stories and an editorial a day I think that expectation is in itself almost inhumane.

But yeah, it's not like I disagree with you all. I just understands how one can just grab the closest flamebait topic they got at hand and just churn out a text just to get that post out of the way.
I would extremely likely have done the same myself, had I needed to produce the same volume every day. Well, it's not even just "extremely likely", it's guaranteed. Cause what's easier than to add gasoline to an already ignited fire? The words practically fly out by themselves. Smile

So what I would suggest is that you all just ignore the lesser interesting articles and hop onto the more constructive ones, or interesting ones. Much like I try to do here in the forums. It's not harder than that, really.

Given that he's in charge of the site, I really doubt there's been some change since I worked here where he HAS to post an op-ed piece every day, and even if he does, pieces like this are simply irresponsible, on top of being inflammatory. This is a guy who proclaims to be above 'petty system wars bullshit' but literally encourages it with stuff like this, on top of insulting a great number of his readers; not everyone who reads this site is a dyed in the wool Sony fanboy, a lot of us like Xbox just as much as we like PS, and a lot of us were unfortunate enough to have defective consoles that MS has to replace, and Ben just called every one of those people stupid.

Why should that be ignored? Ben has often said the forum members are not active enough on the main site, maybe this is why? A lot of us here have 360s and Wiis, and don't subscribe to this ridiculous 'us vs them' mentality. Why shouldn't we voice OUR opinion when we think he's crossed a line, just because you personally eschew confrontation?
robodaddy-o Wrote:Seriously? LMFAO Wow...

Even with past occurences like the Killzone 2 Edge Review Review, I have a hard time believing this was something that was actually posted by a website that claims to be an objective report on the industry. It literally reads like something from Sony Defense Force, a website that parodies fanboy outlets.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Boss: Watch Dogs, Destiny Will Help "Define Next-Gen" frostface 0 5,001 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Oh Great, A New Reason To Hate Call Of Duty Has Emerged. frostface 0 16,480 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: