Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bound by blood
....I was clogging up the other thread, so I thought I would bring it out a little.

Frosty... Any further?

I was up till around 5am last night/ this morning on BBB, maybe it's fatigue or maybe it's my brain making damage limitation unconscious noises about paying a full price for this game but I'm really starting to get it.

The character you're playing is changing and I don't mean in any philosophical way either, I mean.. He's changing!

There a list as long as your arm about the things that aren't right about the game but the bits that are right are worth many inches of those wrong ones, lol
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Lol, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps getting the name wrong. I keep making the same mistake.

So I've picked up some side quests, upgraded some things but I may as well not have because I still keep dying just the same and even low level enemies have ridiculously large health bars. In the warrior stance I try blocking but it's pointless, most of my upgrade points I put into Warrior but i'm not seeing any benefits. I did a little digging online and from what I can tell others are having the same problem playing on the ' normal ' setting and it's being advised to switch the difficulty out to the lowest setting if you want to enjoy the game. I hate the idea of doing that but if I'm to get any enjoyment from the game I might have to.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Lol, what is it called?

As for difficulty seeing as I don't pay games the first time on anything but easy, I can confirm this would be a very good move!
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Bound by Flame mate lol I keep calling it Bound by Blood too though.

After a decent struggle I decided to put it on easy to enjoy it more like a mainstream title but I think I did get pretty good at the style with Mars: War Logs and figured out how to succeed (other than just dying a lot). I learned to like it then but it sure is different from the way we are used to playing action rpgs. It's just that it's unnecessarily tedious for my allotted time gaming. I didn't want it to become like Demon's Souls! Much more casual and breezy fun this way on easy.
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
See I play a lot of Dark/Demon's Souls and I think them games get a bad rep sometimes. They can be difficult at first but after leveling up a few times they're actually quite easy. Of course I'm biased so take that with a pinch of salt. But Bound is a different kind of hard. It's not about learning the enemies move set, it's just that they have incredibly large health bars and I only have to take a few hits, even after upgrading armor and weapons, and I'm dead. I'll have to switch out to easy but I'm not happy about it.

It takes a lot of hit and run tactics and you should approach every encounter you can with at least 1 stealth hit. There's no way to attack groups so you have to lure them out one at a time with projectiles and basically duel with an incredible focus on timed blocks and use of skills that make you hard to interrupt. I have to disagree that new stuff doesn't affect things much, I can feel the differences so long as I'm not trying to fight groups and I use the proper weapons for the enemies. Buuuuuut you're still going to die even on easy so that'll tell ya it's not much of a shame to switch over even if it feels pathetic Smile

My only real experience with Demon's Souls is that I was all excited because I had extra money and saw this awesome new RPG for PS3, bought it and played it for an entire day getting nowhere at all due to hundreds of deaths. Sold it, developed a grudge, end of story. BBF is closer to my idea of a challenging game.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[/URL]
I am enjoying Bound By Flame/Blood lol. now I'll be calling it Bound By Blood all the time. I too do every game on easy and then go back. My reason for this is there is little time to replay bits I get stuck on, so many games so little time. Anyway I am loving BBB and I did the Juggernaught on Easy after like 3 goes but saved it not long after as I was a bit drunk when playing it.

It took me ages to figure out the first bit of the exploding mines I was running round The Temple for ages trying to plant and the guy kept saying something strategic but I found the bits inside that I needed to do. Not played today as hammered the beer again end of football(soccer) season and all that so im a bit reluctant to play again. That and I have a banging hadache, early bed I think. Start afresh tomorrow. Smile
lol, yeah this isn't the game to play drunk methinks. I just got out of the swamp and my girl is looking really devilish after siding with the demon a couple times. I'm not keen on that but I can always play again and try to stay human. I'd love to see what these devs could accomplish with a huge budget and some better voice actors.

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[/URL]
I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one who switched to the easy level. I thought it was because I sucked at it so much that I had to change (that is probably partly true! Smile ). My dude's level 15 at the moment and I'm finding it somewhat easier now that I decided to do more whirlwind attacks when there are a lot of mobs around as well as kick the snot out of things when it looks like they're about the charge or do something.

The dialog in many places just cracks me up. Combine that and the terrible voice acting and it's like I playing a SciFi Channel movie-based game, which is good, because I love their terrible movies. The story itself isn't bad (so far) and the gameplay itself is rather enjoyable.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

PSXEtreme Name: SirLoin of Beef