Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exteral HD support
I might be the only X1 owner here so I could possibly be talking to myself. That happens most of the time anyway so it's no big deal.

Anyway, the latest beta update has been rolled out and since I'm in, I decided to try out the external HD support that they've included. So far, it's running pretty smoothly. I plugged in a 1 TB drive and the transfers I've run from the internal drive to the external one were pretty quick. Once I've played some games from the drive I'll have a better idea if they run as smoothly from the external drive as the internal one.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

PSXEtreme Name: SirLoin of Beef

Is it literally a case of connecting any external hard drive and then you're good to go? No special formatting, proprietary X1 hard drives or anything?
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:Is it literally a case of connecting any external hard drive and then you're good to go? No special formatting, proprietary X1 hard drives or anything?

As long as it's larger than 256 GB and is at least USB 3.0 (that's the highest version at the moment, I believe) then you're good to go. Doesn't have to be MS-certified or anything. The drive I'm using is a 1TB WD Black internal drive that's been sitting around gathering dust. I bought a cheap enclosure, threw the drive in said enclosure, and hooked it up. The console found it, asked if it could format it, and went from there.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

PSXEtreme Name: SirLoin of Beef