Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PS4 owner!!!
Finally decided to get a PS4!!! I know tough decision, right??  Well anyways I'm expecting you guys to give me some suggestions!  As always RPGs, action adventure, and strategy game's draw me in pretty well. Oh has anyone here played Warframe??? Heard its real good. Thanks
(03-14-2018, 01:37 PM)farfus Wrote: Finally decided to get a PS4!!! I know tough decision, right??  Well anyways I'm expecting you guys to give me some suggestions!  As always RPGs, action adventure, and strategy game's draw me in pretty well. Oh has anyone here played Warframe??? Heard its real good. Thanks

If you want a game that ticks all those boxes farfus get PS+ and download Bloodborne. It's one of the free games this month and my favorite PS exclusive. It is of the Dark Souls family so there is a difficulty and learning curve but once you figure it out it becomes a truly rewarding experience. Also Horizon: Zero Dawn is really good, as is The Last of Us Remastered.
[Image: Deadman216.png]

Thanks Deadman! Ive been looking at videos of bloodborn and agree it's a good looking game. Should have my system a little later today and I got dark souls 2 coming with it. Ive read the last of us is good!
Here are the games you NEED to play, in no particular order:

Uncharted 4
Hellblade
Destiny 2
The Last of Us Remastered
Octahedron
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Surviving Mars

And CONGRATS on the new PS4!
Welcome to the PS4 world of gaming! Big Grin

Some of my personal game recommendations

1. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
If you've never played Uncharted, grab yourself a copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It includes all three Uncharted games released back on the PS3, with updated graphics. 

2. Rocket League
It's soccer/football, but with cars. Super fun and very addicting, and a great online game as well. Has a bit of a learning curve though, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be getting airshots for days! 

3. Fortnite 
Fortnite is a giant 100 player Battle Royale style game. Your goal is to be the last man standing, with all 99 other players being your enemy. Everyone starts off with the same gear and weapons, with better weapons  hidden around the map that anyone can grab. Best of all, the Battle Royale mode is entirely free to play, and supports cross platform play between every device. 

4. Rogue Legacy
It's a 2D platformer with some pretty odd humour. This is actually one of my favourite games of all time.
(03-23-2018, 04:54 AM)Sidular Wrote: Welcome to the PS4 world of gaming! Big Grin

Some of my personal game recommendations

1. Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
If you've never played Uncharted, grab yourself a copy of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It includes all three Uncharted games released back on the PS3, with updated graphics. 

2. Rocket League
It's soccer/football, but with cars. Super fun and very addicting, and a great online game as well. Has a bit of a learning curve though, but once you get the hang of it, you'll be getting airshots for days! 

3. Fortnite 
Fortnite is a giant 100 player Battle Royale style game. Your goal is to be the last man standing, with all 99 other players being your enemy. Everyone starts off with the same gear and weapons, with better weapons  hidden around the map that anyone can grab. Best of all, the Battle Royale mode is entirely free to play, and supports cross platform play between every device. 

4. Rogue Legacy
It's a 2D platformer with some pretty odd humour. This is actually one of my favourite games of all time.

Can't believe I forgot 1-3 on your list. All worth picking up, especially Rocket League. That game is freaking fantastic.
All sound interesting! For now ive been sucked into the dark souls 2 realm and I did indeed download bloodborn. I see you and frosty have been enjoying burnout a great deal Ryan. I played the ps3 uncharted, lotta fun.
(03-24-2018, 07:54 PM)farfus Wrote: All sound interesting! For now ive been sucked into the dark souls 2 realm and I did indeed download bloodborn.  I see you and frosty have been enjoying burnout a great deal Ryan. I played the ps3 uncharted, lotta fun.

Burnout Paradise Remastered is just too much fun. I've already got the platinum and 100% on all the additional trophy packs.
(03-24-2018, 07:54 PM)farfus Wrote: All sound interesting! For now ive been sucked into the dark souls 2 realm and I did indeed download bloodborn.  I see you and frosty have been enjoying burnout a great deal Ryan. I played the ps3 uncharted, lotta fun.

Yeh it's fantastic though I don't believe I have Ryan on my friends list. Must remedy that if he's up for it?!

You've been playing non-stop Dark Souls 2 SotFS . Love that game. I love that they took the original release and remixed the enemy placements around the map. I've beaten the game many times but thinking back, I still have some of the expansion DLC I haven't finished yet on it. I must get back on board. 
Also Bloodborne. You should have been able to grab it for free last month with PS Plus. Servers are all busy again for it too so a great time to revisit.

I'm looking forward to the original Dark Souls remaster in May and keeping the fingers crossed for a Demon's Souls remake/remaster some time in the future. 

Games worth your time, so many. Ubisoft oddly enough have been killing it lately. Rainbox Six Siege, Ghost Recon Wildlands and I'll even stretch it to the support going for The Division, a game I gave up on a long time ago, got a major overhaul and with people running out of stuff in Destiny 2, they're gravitating to R6 or Division. Far Cry 5 is also great, though I'm a bit on the fence with the new Assassins Creed Origins. I have lots still to do but neither the time or the motivation to want to. But I'll come back to it. 

Also Warframe is awesome. That got a massive upgrade a few months ago making it more open world(ish). Very cool F2P game done right.

Persona 5, Yakuza, Wolfenstein are worthy mentions and I just know there's some other titles I love but just drawing blanks now in name dropping them but I'll update when I think of em. Basically you've five years worth of amazing games to catch up on.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Thanks frosty for the info, I'm in drangelic castle atm been fun. Still a lot of peeps play online so it's a popular game still very much. I recall we chatted a lot during the original game, played that one a ton. Like you said this will take a while but im not in a hurry. Hope all are well!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who all here is a single next-gen console owner? PlaystationFan 27 3,709 06-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Its official! I am now a ps2 only owner! PlaystationFan 5 1,078 01-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Magoosh!
  I may soon be a gamecube only owner!!! PlaystationFan 10 1,700 04-09-2003, 10:38 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan