Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk About No Man's Sky
No Man's Sky might be due a Third Look soon. They're adding multiplayer in July:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-...ut-in-july

Murray's original pre-release comments about the game included that multiplayer was definitely in it but that it was almost impossible to meet another player because of how large the universe is. Hello Games must have found a way to tweak things in the following two years.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Video of the multiplayer in No Man's Sky, as well as a few of the other new features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HphgSn0o4

There will be multiplayer missions too. The less flashy additions include things like improved terrain generation, better textures, ring planets, greater detail in buildings and ships, the ability to build anywhere instead of set locations, less restrictive limits on building size and complexity, and some sort of system allowing you to build a fleet of ships and send them out on missions.
Playing:
PC: Shadow of War
PS4: Uncharted 3 | Monster Hunter World | Game of Thrones
Switch: Breath of the Wild | Dragon Quest Builders | Mario + Rabbids
XB1: ReCore | Sea of Thieves | Rise of the Tomb Raider
Might be too little too late for some people. Least they are trying Hello Games but even so, like most games that come out and are not ready.
(07-17-2018, 02:16 PM)The Benny (Macho) Wrote: Video of the multiplayer in No Man's Sky, as well as a few of the other new features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3HphgSn0o4

There will be multiplayer missions too. The less flashy additions include things like improved terrain generation, better textures, ring planets, greater detail in buildings and ships, the ability to build anywhere instead of set locations, less restrictive limits on building size and complexity, and some sort of system allowing you to build a fleet of ships and send them out on missions.

I think that looks awesome. I was late to the NMS party due to all the negative press it got at launch but got it cheap in a sale. The last update was a good one too and I jumped back in again for a short while, this Next update looks even more intriguing. 

I don't agree with some commenters saying it's too little too late. Maybe for some it is, but I have to give credit where it's due and it looks like the lads at Hello Games have been working their butts off to finish their vision. Granted the game probably released long before it should have but instead of just moving on to something else, they've stuck with it and it looks like it's going to pay off.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I have to admit it does look good. Plus they have not charged a single thing for any of the free updates they have given out so far. The game was just rushed out to meet demand like most games these days. I am considering buying it again next week. Wont be the first time I have re bought a game back, recently just got The Last Of Us Remastered for the 3rd time.
Ok I took the plunge and got it back again lol also picked up Skyrim again too £14 Skyrim £7.99 No Man's Sky, bargain Smile
It will be a while but I will look forward to what is said about this game.
So how is everyone finding No Man's Sky ? I have finally found an okish planet to repair my ship however I won't be staying there as it's a bit toxic for my liking. I need to find the materials to repair my ship now. I saved it there last night so will try to get back to it tonight. How is everyone else getting on ?
(07-31-2018, 07:25 AM)tlpn99 Wrote: So how is everyone finding No Man's Sky ? I have finally found an okish planet to repair my ship however I won't be staying there as it's a bit toxic for my liking. I need to find the materials to repair my ship now. I saved it there last night so will try to get back to it tonight. How is everyone else getting on ?

I need to get back to it but yeh I'm enjoying it. Kinda like having a second job at the moment though. Go here get this and that to build this thing and that thing. I mean that's the game right? So just getting on with it. If I was to pick one thing that confuses and frustrates me, it's that the game is all about mining resources yet I get these sentinel things attacking me when I do these things. I've been very careful not to be attacking other living creatures, I get how that could be seen as bad. But getting attacked by sentinels when I'm just mining for the stuff that the game wants me to mine, that just seems unfair. I had jumped back into my space ship to get away from them but they attacked it so I had to take off until the alert was called off.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
(07-31-2018, 07:32 AM)frostface Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 07:25 AM)tlpn99 Wrote: So how is everyone finding No Man's Sky ? I have finally found an okish planet to repair my ship however I won't be staying there as it's a bit toxic for my liking. I need to find the materials to repair my ship now. I saved it there last night so will try to get back to it tonight. How is everyone else getting on ?

I need to get back to it but yeh I'm enjoying it. Kinda like having a second job at the moment though. Go here get this and that to build this thing and that thing. I mean that's the game right? So just getting on with it. If I was to pick one thing that confuses and frustrates me, it's that the game is all about mining resources yet I get these sentinel things attacking me when I do these things. I've been very careful not to be attacking other living creatures, I get how that could be seen as bad. But getting attacked by sentinels when I'm just mining for the stuff that the game wants me to mine, that just seems unfair. I had jumped back into my space ship to get away from them but they attacked it so I had to take off until the alert was called off.

Yeah I don't get the sentinels myself, just attacking you if your only like shooting the rocks etc as you need to do this to mine for the resources as you say Frosty. Unless your not meant to do it in view of them ? I have tried this tactic and they just seem to appear out of nowhere. I have tried doing a scan but that doesn't show them up. Annoying. I had to run away as my ships grounded until fixed lol, hid in some cave and it was searching for me until the alert went.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  talk about games here, there aren't any particular games you have to talk about :) smeg head no.2 0 1,052 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  socom talk johnnyb 0 1,082 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Let's talk NGP SHADOW 0 7,453 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: