Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God of War
Our review is live:

https://psxextreme.com/god-of-war-review/

First ever game to get that particular score for me, as I'm sure you regulars remember Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spartan119's post:
  • frostface
(04-24-2018, 03:49 AM)Spartan119 Wrote: Our review is live:

First ever game to get that particular score for me, as I'm sure you regulars remember Wink

Good man yourself!!! Smile
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: @thebadbearddude

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
(04-24-2018, 04:41 AM)frostface Wrote:

Your reply in the comments section made it all worth it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spartan119's post:
  • frostface
(04-24-2018, 06:08 AM)Spartan119 Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 04:41 AM)frostface Wrote:

Your reply in the comments section made it all worth it!
My work here is done so lol

The Kid Atreus is annoying in the God Of War game. Feels like God Of War in some ways and others it is not. Can see the enhancements like the treasures in the chests rather than just the green, red or blue orbs when you open chests etc. This does look like the next generation of God Of War. I am getting more used to the controls got to keep remembering to recall the axe back though after throwing it off into the distance. I am about just under halfway through it, hopefully I can progress further with it tonight.
I dislike the bits in the boat travelling to different parts that annoys me on the water for some reason I can't work out why possibly as it's lack of action I just want to get on with killing things.
(04-25-2018, 05:59 AM)tlpn99 Wrote: The Kid Atreus is annoying in the God Of War game. Feels like God Of War in some ways and others it is not. Can see the enhancements like the treasures in the chests rather than just the green, red or blue orbs when you open chests etc. This does look like the next generation of God Of War. I am getting more used to the controls got to keep remembering to recall the axe back though after throwing it off into the distance. I am about just under halfway through it, hopefully I can progress further with it tonight.
I dislike the bits in the boat travelling to different parts that annoys me on the water for some reason I can't work out why possibly as it's lack of action I just want to get on with killing things.

tlpn99! Welcome back, man! Good to see you on the forums again Smile

As I've said previously about Atreus I really think he grows on you... and then there is a point where he absolutely pisses me off lol, but I think it's all very much intentional. This is more than anything a story about a father trying to raise his son and all the challenges that come with it. I get where you and Frosty are coming from, no doubt, but I thought it was done so very well, personally.

Either way, thanks for stopping back by, I really hope you stick around Smile
(04-25-2018, 06:21 AM)Spartan119 Wrote:
(04-25-2018, 05:59 AM)tlpn99 Wrote: The Kid Atreus is annoying in the God Of War game. Feels like God Of War in some ways and others it is not. Can see the enhancements like the treasures in the chests rather than just the green, red or blue orbs when you open chests etc. This does look like the next generation of God Of War. I am getting more used to the controls got to keep remembering to recall the axe back though after throwing it off into the distance. I am about just under halfway through it, hopefully I can progress further with it tonight.

As I've said previously about Atreus I really think he grows on you... and then there is a point where he absolutely pisses me off lol, but I think it's all very much intentional. This is more than anything a story about a father trying to raise his son and all the challenges that come with it. I get where you and Frosty are coming from, no doubt, but I thought it was done so very well, personally.

I have had a bit of crap going on at home and in work, work is not as bad as home. Work was I failed an exam after a 3 day course so im now revising an hour a day for 3 weeks for a resit of the exam, it's for my promotion in work it's not needed but maybe helpful when the job gets advertised that I am doing on a temporary basis. The home side of things my mums been in and out of hospital with her kidneys being blocked due to them failing, she had stents put in and there is still a blockage she's had a pre op last week and they took some bloods, she's having the operation this Friday to remove the stents and replace them also to clear the blockage this is all to stop her going onto Dialysis. She's 74 in May so can do without that if possible. So when I have had a chance I have been gaming on God Of War and Far Cry 5. I'll stick about it's good to see the site back with the reviews coming and news etc. Going to try that Detroit demo tonight it was available on the store yesterday but I was out so never got a chance to download it.
(04-25-2018, 07:58 AM)tlpn99 Wrote:

I have had a bit of crap going on at home and in work, work is not as bad as home. Work was I failed an exam after a 3 day course so im now revising an hour a day for 3 weeks for a resit of the exam, it's for my promotion in work it's not needed but maybe helpful when the job gets advertised that I am doing on a temporary basis. The home side of things my mums been in and out of hospital with her kidneys being blocked due to them failing, she had stents put in and there is still a blockage she's had a pre op last week and they took some bloods, she's having the operation this Friday to remove the stents and replace them also to clear the blockage this is all to stop her going onto Dialysis. She's 74 in May so can do without that if possible. So when I have had a chance I have been gaming on God Of War and Far Cry 5. I'll stick about it's good to see the site back with the reviews coming and news etc. Going to try that Detroit demo tonight it was available on the store yesterday but I was out so never got a chance to download it.
Sorry to hear about your Mum mate.

(04-25-2018, 07:58 AM)tlpn99 Wrote:

So sorry to hear about your mother. Hopefully they can clear that blockage and she can get on the mend soon!
Cheers guys fingers crossed she will be ok tomorrow.

Anyway getting back to God Of War, wow it finally feels like God Of War now after what happened. I wont say what as it will spoil it for others, those who have completed it already will know what part I mean or should do. Hopefully I can get on it tonight.