A note about spam.
This isn't actually feedback, suggestions or support, but I figured it needs to be placed somewhere prominent as it's something that most people don't seem to be familiar with. If a mod feels there's somewhere better for it then feel free to move it.

As you're probably all aware, this forum gets a lot of spam. It's inevitable anywhere, though it probably doesn't help that the forum software isn't the newest version, as the bots have had more time to find the vulnerabilities and be taught how the systems work. The only people who can actually deal with it are admins and mods (all of whom are listed here), who can delete the posts and ban the spammer, but there is a way you can help.

Every post on this forum has a report button, which looks like [Image: report.gif], and appears a little way under the poster's username and avatar. Clicking on the button takes you to a page for reporting that post, so all you have to do is type "spam" in the box (so the mods know why you're reporting it) and submit it. This is then reported to the mods in some way (I don't know the details, so I'm guessing magic), and helps them get to it as quickly as possible.

It doesn't remove the post at all or reduce its visibility, but it does let the mods know that it's there and needs dealing with, which is the best we can do when a mod isn't around.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
I think this should be stickied.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
good looking out
The Force Is With Me.......And I Still F**k Everything Up

[Image: DarthKoth.png]
Never noticed it , thanks .
cheers Macho, when im on a pc I'll sticky this.

edit: done!

Its important that people do watch out for spam and report it, because myself and the other mods arent around 24hours, even tho im from the UK... most of my PSXE hours are that of the States, but I do have to spend some time away from the site, lol.. so I miss stuff.

Usually the spam isnt graphical, so its just a case of deleting the account, linked thread and banning them. But every now and again we get some very very dodgy pics, as you can imagine its of high importance that we deal with these first.

So please, if you see anything, report it.. and if its still there and a mod is on the site, then PM them and let them know, its possible that people have replied to the dodgy thread and have inavertantly covered up the fact that somone has posted a dodgy post or it could be that we just havent looked at our email in the last couple of hours.

cheers guys.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
"But every now and again we get some very very dodgy pics, as you can imagine its of high importance that we deal with these first."

Damn it, why do I always miss those. I just spot the spam selling phone contracts for $1. Sad

I've only just spotted this thread so I'll be sure to use the reporting function in future.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Gabriel013 Wrote:"But every now and again we get some very very dodgy pics, as you can imagine its of high importance that we deal with these first."

Damn it, why do I always miss those. I just spot the spam selling phone contracts for $1. Sad

I've only just spotted this thread so I'll be sure to use the reporting function in future.

I saw one of those. It was pretty bad.
System: Gigabyte GA-Z77X UP5 TH/Intel Core i5 3570k/MSI Nvidia GTX 770/8GB PC3-12800/Fractal Design Define R4/Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB x2/Windows 8.1 & OS X Mavericks
I lulled at magic. Also, @ Dillon, that was the first time I've ever seen anyone call Benny 'Macho'. I actually forgot it was there under 'The Benny'.
[Image: Guernica16.png]
I've not actually used "Macho Man" for years (according to my PMs I changed it on the 30th July 2004), but even after returning from my multi-year absence Dillon still uses it. I unlocked the "Macho Man" trophy on Assassin's Creed II the other day and thought it was amusing, so I guess I'll always be Macho is spirit. I'll certainly never be macho in body or attitude Big Grin
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
Oh, I should probably update this by saying we've basically fixed the spam problem this forum used to have.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  revenge of the spam bots SHADOW 0 4,167 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Return of the Spam Bots: Part 2 mackid1993 0 3,801 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Return of the Spam Bots Part 3: It's Getting Spammier mackid1993 0 1,042 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Spam dealt with Ben D. 0 1,621 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: