Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil War based PS3 title?
Opinions? :nosense: What if the Activision did it?
[Image: lighedshirt.gif]
civil war that happened, or the civil war that could happen? LOL

civil war where, when, why? Tongue

but logic tells me you mean the US civil war...
To which I'd go with probably not for me. Granted, back in middleschool, early high school I had a huge interest in civil war history, but wouldn't be too much into a game genre on it. Then again, I'm not much for the WW2 era either. Regardless, I think it could be executed properly, and well done. Would be something fresh for people. Both a shooter and RTS would work for sure.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
It's probably a little trickier to do than, say, the second world war. Obviously Nazis = Bad is a fairly safe path to take but I'm not sure you could really get away with making one side the enemy in the civil war, at least in typical video game terms. It would possibly work with a developer who could handle it sensibly and sensitively, but not as something whipped up quick for an annual franchise.

Keeping it fairly personal could work, making it less about the conflict overall and about one man's perspective (kind of a Cold Mountain sort of angle, perhaps), maybe with a brother fighting for the other side and so on. You could humanise it without completely vilifying one side or the other.

If you're talking about the Marvel Civil War, however, then that removes many of those reservations.
US Civil War.

Yeah.

In my breif search of civil war games i came across one that let you choose the side you wanted to fight for.

I think, if done right, it would be a very unique shooter/game in general.
[Image: lighedshirt.gif]
Having a two part story mode where you can play for either side would be interesting. What gameplay style would be best? My default thought was FPS but I think a 3PS style would work.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Look on the bright side, atleast since it's the US civil war, there wouldn't be any complaints like those that Resident Evil 5 got! lol, omg! Black people in Africa?! Get out! White people in the US civil war!? No wai!

I think it could be done, although, 'choose the side you wanted to fight for' ... That's where Benny is right about a problem. It pokes at a sensitive spot that even with logic people bitch people. That would most definately, absolutely, no questions asked, cause problems. And that would be a problem for multiplayer.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I played a game recently on the 360 like Dynasty Warriors but it featured the French and English and you could choose which side to fight for. The idea was interesting but the execution wasn't overwhelmingly great.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Paper Based Blue-Ray? Gabriel013 0 512 04-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  You pick my avatar/title/sig nice shirt 15 833 01-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Kaged
  How does one gain a special title under their name? Dan Hibiki 4 561 05-13-2003, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Dan Hibiki
  Star Wars Episode 3 Title Is... Magoosh! 0 1,506 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Comics: Civil War Goten 0 497 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  No Title Keaton H. 0 1,891 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Home Based Online Part time jobs piucool 0 1,696 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  BOOK - title and characters Aerifale 0 1,663 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: