Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console wars. Your favorite? Let's time travel...
Cowboy22 Wrote:Ah, the Playstation vs N64 battle that was the cause of so many 6th grade lunch room battles. The Playstation had more great games, but the N64 had Goldeneye, which at the time was THE game. No one I knew had both systems, that would be cheating, and besides, what sort of spoiled ******* had that kind of money in middle school? No, dammit, you had to choose a side and then defend it to the death. Good times.

Same here. I used to get into fights over which console was better. I bet you that still goes on today in schools, we just don't know because we aren't there anymore.
Darth Koth Wrote:you don't remember it that well, Commodore made the Amiga it can't battle it self:lol: and you didn't come in at the master system 2 stage, that had been and gone, Mega Drive and SNES had been king for about 2 years:lol: your mind is going mate:lol:

I definitely remember arguements over which was better, the Commodore 64 or the Amiga 500.

I didn't remember being that behind the times when I got the Mastersystem 2. Wasm't that around 89/90 or so?
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Cowboy22 Wrote:Ah, the Playstation vs N64 battle that was the cause of so many 6th grade lunch room battles. The Playstation had more great games, but the N64 had Goldeneye, which at the time was THE game. No one I knew had both systems, that would be cheating, and besides, what sort of spoiled ******* had that kind of money in middle school? No, dammit, you had to choose a side and then defend it to the death. Good times.

OMG, that is so true!
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Arnold K. (Admin) Wrote:Same here. I used to get into fights over which console was better. I bet you that still goes on today in schools, we just don't know because we aren't there anymore.

I can confirm that it does still happen. My brother is always having arguements with his mates about 360 vs PS3. Problem for him is, though, that he's probably the only open minded kid at his age in his entire school as he loves his 360 and wants a PS3 (seeing the advantages and disadvantages of both), whereas all his mates constantly go on about how the 360 sucks :lol:

I remember having arguements about how the Dreamcast was better than the PS2 before I even had a Dreamcast and before the PS2 was out lol, but I was only 9 at the time.

I used to own a Mega Drive (Genesis) when I was way younger, everyone I knew had a PS1 when that came out (although I LOVED my uncle's N64, good old Diddy Kong Racing) and it was only really around the time when the Dreamie came out that I started having these arguements.
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg][Image: Super%20FLEXXO.png]
Goten Wrote:I remember having arguements about how the Dreamcast was better than the PS2 before I even had a Dreamcast and before the PS2 was out lol, but I was only 9 at the time.

I used to love laughing at the game store clerk at the local Game Force who would go on and on about how the Dreamcast was twice as powerful as the PS2 or some such nonsense.
Ha ha, even at that age I knew it wasn't more powerful! I've just always been a SEGA fan (well, old school SEGA these days sadly Sad) and I used to be a huge Sonic fan boy, hence my irrational love of the Dreamcast.
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg][Image: Super%20FLEXXO.png]
Gabriel013 Wrote:I definitely remember arguements over which was better, the Commodore 64 or the Amiga 500.

I didn't remember being that behind the times when I got the Mastersystem 2. Wasm't that around 89/90 or so?

We didn't meet untill 91 and for a couple of years we were messing with my spectrum, Amiga 500+ and your amstrad then I got the megadrive you got the mastersystem and somewhere along the line we both got the Amiga 1200........I think
The Force Is With Me.......And I Still F**k Everything Up

[Image: DarthKoth.png]
I took part in many playground console arguments. All of them fuelled by my green eyed jealousy. I had a Megadrive but secretly always wanted a SNES. Then I had a Playstation (which I loved dearly) but envied those who had Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Zelda.

Like many I own 'em all now 'cos I cant miss those exclusives.
Gears of War 2 and MGS4 being great examples of what you could miss owning one system.

http://www.retrohead.co.uk
Retro Gaming Retro Passion!!
SNES overall was probably my fav system of all time, just so many great games and they got support from all the developers. It may be the one system that had universal appeal. Then the greatness that was Playstation came along, just think if Nintendo had managed to keep Sony in their camp and the two developed consoles and games together. There wouldnt have been many challengers that could have touched what they could have done together...
I still remember the Atari 2600/Intellivision comparisons from way back when. Most of my friends had the 2600 but then they came over and saw the glory that was NFL Football for the Intellivsion and floods of jealously overtook them.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

PSXEtreme Name: SirLoin of Beef

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Your Favorite PS2 Game? Luan 21 6,394 01-27-2010, 10:34 PM
Last Post: setlogix
  Favorite Playstation game of all time? Ryan H. 60 10,573 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Last Post: marknemesis
  Console Zones deltora 2 1,459 05-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Last Post: deltora
  Nintendo Wii Users: Your Top 10 of Virtual Console Games? better 0 2,044 01-12-2008, 12:33 AM
Last Post: better
  Star Wars: The Force Unleashed psplayer 0 1,086 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals:Echoes of Time Robochic 0 1,360 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Star Ocean 3: Till The End of Time - My Journey Powershifter 0 3,995 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Top 10 Favorite PS2 Games Danny007 0 9,799 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Shadow Of The Colossus- Favorite Colossus Danny007 0 5,276 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Don't toss your PS2s yet! Sakura Wars is coming! Kevadu 0 2,704 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: