Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy and paste on Vita?
By accident I learned you can highlight text on the Vita if you hold either the L or R triggers. Now why would the Vita be able to do this other than for copy and pasting? So far all I've been able to do is just highlight text and have yet to see if I can copy it. It seems that while using the browser the touchscreen isn't the only way to interact with web pages. As of now I've started to experiment with using the buttons while in the browser and have learned the L and R triggers work when typing text just like the PSP. Why would Sony hide features like this or not mention them in the help me guide lifering at the top of the app?

P.S. this was all typed on my Vita. I couldn't do that on my PSP.
[Image: MUSTANG750R.png]
[Image: a%3E]
When I'm not playing games or listening to music through the Vita, I'm looking up recipes, taking screen shots, editing them and using the Vita as my display while cooking. :lol:
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
I've only used my Vita for games and seeing if I can ever make use of the near app. So far, just gaming is worth it.
robodaddy-o Wrote:When I'm not playing games or listening to music through the Vita, I'm looking up recipes, taking screen shots, editing them and using the Vita as my display while cooking. :lol:
I loaded a couple songs on my Vita for the hell of it, but seeing as space is at a premium thanks to Sony's ridiculous memory pricing, I deleted them. If they had a reasonable pricing scheme I'd consider Vita as a media device but I've already filled most of my 8GB memory with a couple of games.
Norrec Wrote:I loaded a couple songs on my Vita for the hell of it, but seeing as space is at a premium thanks to Sony's ridiculous memory pricing, I deleted them. If they had a reasonable pricing scheme I'd consider Vita as a media device but I've already filled most of my 8GB memory with a couple of games.
Yeah, the memory isn't cheap. I just received a 32GB card in the post, today, that I ordered for $80 and I have another 32GB on the way that I got for $44. I wasn't going to pay $99.99 for either of those.

Where'd you find a 32gb for $44, Robo?

They need to update the browser or update the flash player. It also needs a music streaming app not named music unlimited. I'm not paying a subscription when there are free options available.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
cLoudou Wrote:Where'd you find a 32gb for $44, Robo?

They need to update the browser or update the flash player. It also needs a music streaming app not named music unlimited. I'm not paying a subscription when there are free options available.
I got mine through Buy.com but TigerDirect was the seller. Various others ordered it through Amazon.com but Circuit City was the seller. TigerDirect now owns Circuit City so it was one in the same. Now, what happened was the listing was for a 32GB memory card but on the CC/TD end, the SKU was for WipEout 2048. So, they caught the problem and emailed everyone that ordered the memory card an apology. About 8 days later, they decide to send a follow up email to everyone saying they will honor the deal and to resubmit an order so that's how it happened. :rox:

As for Music Unlimited, I will never understand why people will pay for a limited amount of music when they can get virtually any music file, for free, through so many other streaming services. I say limited because MU only carries the commercial stuff, not the quality stuff that smarter people like. Wink

Yeah I saw that on CAG but I missed the deal. Only saw that they honored it a couple weeks back.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
robodaddy-o Wrote:I got mine through Buy.com but TigerDirect was the seller. Various others ordered it through Amazon.com but Circuit City was the seller. TigerDirect now owns Circuit City so it was one in the same. Now, what happened was the listing was for a 32GB memory card but on the CC/TD end, the SKU was for WipEout 2048. So, they caught the problem and emailed everyone that ordered the memory card an apology. About 8 days later, they decide to send a follow up email to everyone saying they will honor the deal and to resubmit an order so that's how it happened. :rox:

As for Music Unlimited, I will never understand why people will pay for a limited amount of music when they can get virtually any music file, for free, through so many other streaming services. I say limited because MU only carries the commercial stuff, not the quality stuff that smarter people like. Wink

I'll buy that $44 card for $45. Solid profit on your end. I'd be so lucky to find a buyer at such a rate. Wink

I actually installed MU to try the trial this morning. The interface is a little less usable than I prefer to find things, and while it did have a lot of stuff I like, I own all of it, and much of it on an ipod that requires no internet connectivity. Everything else was just crap pop and rap that you'd hear on the radio or the 'playing every song you hate store'.

It would be more useful if the 3G plan was reasonably priced, or again if memory was cheaper so that downloading the songs for offline use was feasible, otherwise the cost of a data plan to have MU streaming in my car is no where near useful to me. I have pandora on a much easier to use iPhone with a better data plan already.
Also I just saw overstock had 32GB cards for $80. Still high priced, but a little softer to the wallet. I think I'll try to live with my 8GB til Sony lowers prices or allows a third party to produce them.

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movies-Mu...cid=123620
Lockerz has them for 74.99. That's how I got my first 32GB memory card.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vita: apps, products and help dillonthebunny 419 52,058 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,324 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,760 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,887 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think... TheHighlander 0 17,676 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 28,078 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,725 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita or PS3? frostface 0 5,328 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Party Chat on the Vita. frostface 0 5,302 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: