Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Destiny Alpha
Hey guys,

Downloading the Destiny Alpha right now. Did anyone else get it?

I'll post some feedback on the game later tonight.
Yeah I got in got to download it later. Was out last night. World Cup is on too so gaming around that. I'll post my thoughts too on it.
I downloaded but haven't had a chance to play it yet.
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

PSXEtreme Name: SirLoin of Beef

I played it for a bit last night. I just sort of agreed to the terms without looking at them. Anybody know if we signed an NDA? I'd like to talk about it more but I'm not sure if I'm sposed to (yes I take those seriously).
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
If anyone wants in, let me know. My friend at Bungie has told me he will give me as many invites as I want. I asked for five up front, and they're all spoken for, but if anyone here wants one as well I'll get them for you
TheWorldEnds Wrote:I played it for a bit last night. I just sort of agreed to the terms without looking at them. Anybody know if we signed an NDA? I'd like to talk about it more but I'm not sure if I'm sposed to (yes I take those seriously).

There's no NDA from what I found. I did a web search and, from what I found, the NDA was lifted. I hope it is because I shared a few videos on my FB page!
The fact that the Sun is maize and the sky is blue is neither in our control, nor is something we fraudulently contrived. It just shows that God has excellent taste in colors.

I've been impressed with the game so far. For an alpha, it ran pretty smoothly and stable. While I understand why the level cap was in place, I wish it would've been a tad higher. I leveled out the warlock and started with the titan. The lock is been a fun class to play so far.

Played it a bit and have enjoyed what I have of it so far. It has peeked my interest in it and I shall be keeping a close eye on this one coming out nearer the time.
Might start up a new class since I capped my warlock, wanted to equip some of the level 9+ loot I grabbed too.

Really enjoyed, so I preordered just to at least play the beta.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
Okay so after spending most of the weekend playing the Alpha, I've come away pretty much satisfied. I have more questions now then I did beforehand but that's okay.

My thoughts.

Modes:
Free roam: This was kind of fun. I could spend a lot of time here. The enemy respawn rates were a bit higher than I would have liked. I mean, literally kill a group of enemies, turn around a corner and then turn back around the corner and they have respawned. I also wonder how much of Old Russia, Earth was available to us. It was pretty big in the Alpha.

PvP: I never played Halo so I don't know how it compares, but it was pretty fun. The thing that I worry about the most is balance. I mean you go into PvP with all your loot, which would mean that you retain your damage and armor values. This makes it really unbalanced when you have a level 3 vs a level 8.

Strikes: Strikes are fun. I enjoyed the Devil's Lair quite a lot. I was under the impression you could complete a Strike solo if you want, but you can't. You can go in with a pre-made fireteam of 3, or if you have any less they will match you with a random or two. My only problem is that if someone goes AFK the strike can drag on quite a bit. For example, taking out a Spider Tank took about 10-15 minutes at the most with 3 active people, but when one of our players went AFK it took us 30-40 minutes for the same tank.

Gameplay:

Weapons: I only had a handful of weapons in my game, but I have watched other peoples games and seen vastly different guns from what I had. Makes me wonder how many games were actually included in the Alpha. There are basically a list of base weapons, and then each of the weapons you pick up are variations of that. Variations like larger ammo clips or faster fire rates. I just hope that there are enough variations in the full game to make them feel worth it.

Abilities: The Abilities are fun to play around with, the super abilities for each characters are really fun to use, especially in PvP. The weapon and armor upgrade tree's aren't as long as they seemed in the E3 2013 footage, but that might be an Alpha thing?

Classes: I tried my hand at all 3, but I found myself playing the Warlock the most, it was the most enjoyable for me personally. Warlocks dish out a tonne of AoE damage. Hunters are much more single target oriented but would be great for those with high accuracy. Titans seem overpowered in PvP. Their super is pretty powerful but requires you to get up close and personal, so if you don't take out your enemies in one hit, you're in trouble.

Overall: I am satisfied with the game so far. I am curious to find out how much of Earth, weapons, gameplay features and abilities were locked out in the Alpha. It felt very limited, and i just hope that is by design and not the end product. I was a little disappointed with the graphics, some of it seems really nice but overall it was a let down, I expected more from a next-gen game, I sort of wonder if this is due to them releasing on last-gen consoles as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Destiny clan Amish Love Machine 0 9,424 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: