Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice - Out 26 aug 2008 (U.S date)
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice will release in 3 weeks, It will be released in North America on 26th of august. A have not seen a Europe/PAL release, but this is no problem since PS3 games are region free, so you can order it from any U.S store, if you are willing to import that is. I live in Europe myself so I deffently ordered it from a site. Got game for under half price of what it would be here in Norway ($120 USD).

Look at the video of the game here if you are not familiar with how the game works.

This is a game that can easily feed you with gaming for months to come, shorten down the wait for more high profile titles like LBP and Resistance 2.

What they do in this game is to focus on game play and replay value, looking at the video you can see there is a lot to do and upgrade and experiement plus a lot of 'grinding' up levels and MILLIONS of damage as shown in the video.

I haven't played a Strategy RPG on my PS3 yet for obvious reasons, did play some Enchanted Arms very early on but it had no next gen feeling and was just a game I bought early at launch to feed some RPG itch.

So will anyone else here be buying the game?

I know there are a couple of Disgaea fans around on the forum so come and discuss here please.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

Dear God...if I had the time, I would. And what I mean by that is, if I had LOTS of time; basically NOTHING to do, I'd buy it. I still remember playing the original Disgaea, and after 40 hours of play, I had only moved far enough to battle Lv. 11 enemies. Why? Because I was spending all my time in the Item World, upping the levels of my characters and equipment...and I just couldn't stop doing that. So my Lv. 47 characters were beating on Lv. 11 characters in the story battles - when I actually did them - and I just wasn't getting anywhere.

If I had the time, I know I would've spent hundreds of hours with that game. I know I'd do the same with Disgaea 3, and I certainly can't do that. So sadly, I'll be passing.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Disgea 3 looks interesting but I won't be picking it up. Not a big fan of the JRPG. But if there is a long lull in good games down the line and I can get it on the cheap this may be worth a look.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
Its a game id probably find addicting. I enjoyed leveling equipment/characters to see what the effects are upon their environment. Sounds like something that would be my cup of tea for sure. Maybe somewhere down the line...
[Image: ThreadNecro.jpg]

Picked up Disgaea 3 yesterday, and VERY happy I did!

It's definately a purebred Japanese RPG, perhaps the most pure I've ever seen. Straight down to Japanese superstitions, humor, with hints of cuture all over it, character designs, etc... Unless you really appreciate and like all things Japanese, I don't think one could enjoy Disgaea all that much! Even the story is a beaten to death kind of Japanese tale. By anime terms it almost reminds me of many of the hentai storylines without all the things that make it 'hentai' ... Been feeling I needed an RPG to satisfy the cravings, and a strategy based one was definately what I wanted (as I still have yet to finish Enchanted Arms and Lost Odyssey in terms of turn based). Liking just about all things Japanese, Disgaea 3 puts a Big Grin on my face!

Graphically, I'm not amazed or anything. It looks kind of sub standard, but being an RPG, graphics are last on my list of concerns. The cutscenes are in anime and manga style, which for me, only feeds me more Big Grin

The audio is confusing in ways. It comes off as being a mixture between something I'd expect in an comedy anime from the early 90s, to RPGs of the late 80s, early 90s. The difference between this soundtrack and ANY Final Fantasy game is night and day. I don't mind it one bit though... Although somehow I imagine many of you guys would be clawing your ears off begging for it to stop! The soundtrack disc that comes with it being a mix of the 3 Disgaea games is even more confusing to me though and sounds like a completely random MP3 collection gone bad! I picture it like some Japanese kid having an MP3 collection of anime and RPG stuff, hit SHUFFLE, and just started recording... LOL

Gameplay... Well, I'm not too far into the game so I can't speak for the world map if any, but going from place to place feels sort of like a 2D RPG in a 3D world... Best way I can explain it would be the ability to freely roam around a FF Tactics map. Even more shocking to me though... I can jump... In all my RPG history, I don't remember being able to just jump around... I was entertained for a few minutes just jumping around! More important though, the battle system... I find selecting the map grid spot I want a little troublesome at times, but I'm getting used to it. Can setup combos by placing characters next to each other, which deals more damage. No job changing like in Tactics, but each character can effectively use a few different weapons, learn skills, magic, etc.

On that note... I better get crackin on Disgaea 3, because this week, comes the first game I've been waiting for since I picked up the XBOX360... Fable II.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Learned some about character creation and stuff. The tough part I find is just about everything costs something, and some things like gaining skills, creating characters and stuff requires 'mana' which builds really slowly... So kinda level grinding to farm up money and mana points. Loving it though!
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Hehe yea, since LBP got delayed I am glad I have Disgaea 3, it is endless gameplay and fun, if you like that sort of thing.

I don't know how to boost up your mana gaining except for grinding your ass off.
But it helps to do those grid puzzles when you can, it was confusing at first but then I found the trick. Just look for the color that is missing it's color box, then put all other color cubes on that color and smash it.

When you enter the item world the hours just fly away.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

There are mana items you can buy which you can use in battle I believe to raise your mana. I haven't done it yet though, I don't have much money to spend yet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release Date for PS3 160GB regular14 2 1,322 10-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Ben D.
  What's the best PS3 game so far in 2008? baseballdude_ 14 1,810 08-20-2008, 03:28 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Euro GT5 Prologue date? Gabriel013 25 2,112 01-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  UK Orange box 2008 Gabriel013 21 2,326 12-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  PSP 3 Up Date? shipper50 11 1,441 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Lair Release Date joshhodg 1 1,145 07-09-2007, 03:53 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  A Yakuza 3 Release Date?? daniod 0 1,623 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  FINALLY...FF13 release date! King James 0 1,801 Less than 1 minute ago