Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early adopter? Or did you wait?
How long did you wait until you got your PS2? Are you one of the first few million, or did you wait before picking if up? Why? Price? Games?
Waited for the first price drop, and first decent salary. Tongue
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
I was working at EB at the time, and we had a staff meeting the night before the launch. We held it very late, so that we could all pick up our pre-ordered PS2s the minute the clock hit midnight. I bought my PS2 at 12:07 a.m. on October 26, 2000, so yeah, I'd say I was one of the first million. Hell, I was probably in the first thousand. Wink
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
I had to wait a bit for the PS1 so I made sure I preordered my PS2 early. I got it because I didn't want to be waiting however many months for a price drop to play games the next gen of games. I got mine from VirginMegastore in Sheffield town centre at opening time. Number 7 I think.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Picked mine up on the first weekend. Had just moved in to new house and explained that we would really need a DVD player for the lounge and that the PS2 would be a great excuse as it can do everything. Wink

Ended up getting games for me, games for the girlfriend, remote and infrared attachment. Not to mention a shed load of DVD's. The rest, as they say, is history.
I got screwed out of the launch pre-order from Super Store. I got it March the next year so it wasn't bad. My N64 wwas sold way before then. I still had my PS1 though so I was happy Big Grin
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
I waited a couple years. Mostly because of price, but also because there were a bunch of good games for the PS1 that I hadn't played yet. I didn't feel the need to drop a ton of money on a new system when I was still getting something out of the older one. I'm taking the same approach with the PS3.
[Image: KyleMettler.png]

Forum Tokens: NINE~!
Gabriel013 Wrote:I had to wait a bit for the PS1 so I made sure I preordered my PS2 early. I got it because I didn't want to be waiting however many months for a price drop to play games the next gen of games. I got mine from VirginMegastore in Sheffield town centre at opening time. Number 7 I think.

Didn't I take your pre-order?
The Force Is With Me.......And I Still F**k Everything Up

[Image: DarthKoth.png]
I waited about a year, and got one shortly before MGS2 hit.
Even the crap launch games were worth it at the time. I know I wouldn't have gone back and bought them if I'd got my machine later and that would have been a shame.

I can't remember DK.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't wait for Wii Sports Resort Mr. SunburnMan 0 1,585 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: