Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 2008 Season (Congrats Lewis Hamilton! F1 Champion 08)
[Image: F1-LOGO-2008.jpg]

[Image: F1-BRA-2008.jpg]
Finally the long wait is over. Not much happened over the winter testing/break and it's going to be a great season again. Some new rule changes and new drivers and switches. That's about it. I'm routing for Lewis to capture that title this year but Kimi is again strong.

They are doing the 1st practice atm and speed will show the 2nd practice at 11pm est tonight.
[Image: catdafelix.png] [Image: catdafelix.png]
I knew you wouldn't let me down this year mate Big Grin Roll on Saturday, that's what I bloody say.

I am expecting far more spins and gravel trap victims this year due to the lack of traction control. Alonso claims the absence of braking control will hurt them more than the traction loss. Out of all the longer standing drivers I expect Coulthard to do really well as this is now going towards his style. Button too in fact. Any drivers who normally drive quite erratically will struggle.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
The 2nd Practice was crazy. There's alot of drivers who can't handle that last turn on the track. Your right about Coulthard. Webber and him in the Red Bulls put on a show yesterday and that car is looking to be a good contender for atleast the upfront pack.

Come Saturday, that start is going to be sweet. :hail:
. . . I hate you all, as far as I know, there's no place on American television to watch F1 or the WRC.
No.
We get 24/7 NASCAR.
Jeff Gordon can go stuff it, Peter Solberg can pwn him anyday of the week. I want some dirt and ice rally excitement, followed up with some mind blowing F1.
Stupid NASCAR, frigging Americans.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
In Canada we have TSN (Sort of like Sports Centre in the States). They don't show Practice and always cut away at the driver interviews after the race. I've switched to Speed Channel last year and they show everything even the 2nd Practice on TV. They also have a reporter Live on the grind before the race getting into peoples way. TSN had a guy on the phone. It's a shame that alot of Canadian sports news people don't even show anything. In my city, they don't even know it exists....

I did a search on your area Zapix. If you got The Speed Channel, you can watch F1. It depends on the Cable Package you have (Unless your antenna which I don't think you are using). Comcast has the Speed Channel. I'm not sure if your subscribed to it though.

It seems Speed Channel did drop the WRC from it's broadcast... Sad
Unless Speed Channel in the US has changed, it's usually nothing but nascar and auctions. Alot of drag racing too. Ugh... It's set as one of my favorite channels just in the rare case something on might be worth watching. lol

I'll check to see if they're airing F1 though, an actual motorsport to watch would be nice!

Yeah, they completely dropped WRC here a few years ago. I think the last year any rally events were on TV was the year Mark Lovell in the SCCA was killed with his codriver in an accident. Mention F1 around here and you get "oh, aint that the races in Canada?" ... lol mention WRC, and you get "huh?"

and yes, I have the evil of comcast >.>
Masters of internet control, and telling people how they can use their bandwidth...
Last I saw, there's tons of lawsuits piling up against them for it.

added: ah, and there it is. You've brought joy into my night tonight! Big Grin Practice starts at 11pm on SPEED. WOOT! Now that's something worth turning the PS3/360 off for!
About time speed channel has something good to watch! Must have been added back recently, because to my knowledge, they haven't aired WRC or F1 for years. WRC obviously still in the darkness. Sad
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

They do seem bad Sad The Qualifying is on tonight at 11pm est tonight with the racing going on Saturday at 11:30pm est with the pre-show then the race.

I'm postive the Speed Channel in the US will show it.

That should be qualifying tonight. ;o

With that change for me to Speed Channel last year for F1 cause of the amount of content. I even watched some of it in the 2006 season. The real change was last year. Their USA GP coverage lasted all weekend. It was huge too. With the US GP off the race calender this year, they are still showing it. Nascar is lol....
Been a long time since I've been able to enjoy non American motorsports. My outlet has always been being part of the Subaru community (or interacting with my closest of rivals, the Mitsubishi Evo community. Audi can stuff it!), most everyone being into F1 and WRC, and the thought of "NASCAR" never even mentioned unless it's in complain to the speed channel! LOL

Oh well, tonight will be good! Looking forward to watching some F1 Smile and knowing I should hopefully be able to watch the season as it goes, that's even better!

Bigtime man. Here's the times taken from the Speed Channel.

Quote: Formula 1 coverage on SPEED from the Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia:

Thursday, Mar. 13, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix Practice (Live)

Friday, Mar. 14, 2008
11:00 p.m. EST Australian Grand Prix Qualifying (Live)

Saturday, Mar. 15, 2008
11:30 p.m. EST Inside Grand Prix
12:00 a.m. EST Australian Grand Prix (Live)
Those times are through out the season when they have a F1 race weekend. There's always practice, qualifying, and the race.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBA Regular Season 2007/2008 Thread svosen 4 1,850 06-06-2008, 03:00 AM
Last Post: svosen
  Hamilton: "Sod you, I'm off." Gabriel013 1 1,679 10-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Last Post: hawkster
  Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 dvd... Magoosh! 7 556 03-16-2004, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Punk
  Whos getting the first season of Chappelle show? Punk 5 610 01-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Voice
  New Season Of Chappelle Show! nice shirt 13 959 01-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Voice
  Eminem and Magoosh -- Enter. NOW. Season Finale Arnold K. (Admin) 2 426 08-21-2003, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)
  Congrats Burns! Tosser00 4 638 04-25-2003, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Prime
  Well, our basketball season is over... lue 11 1,343 03-16-2003, 10:28 PM
Last Post: tkann314
  Elisha Cuthbert is your champion! Arnold K. (Admin) 0 1,956 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Football Season opening (soccer) Gabriel013 0 830 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: