Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite MGS games in order?
As I only recently played the original, I'm probably biased, but I'm going to say MGS4 is the best I've played and MGS3 is a close second, just because of the story.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben.. did you play MGS3 Substance? makes a HUGE difference being able to move the camera where you want it to be, especially in the jungle scene with The End.

which even though i say that MGS4 is better than MGS3, The END battle is my fav MGS boss battle to date.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
dillonthebunny Wrote:Ben.. did you play MGS3 Substance? makes a HUGE difference being able to move the camera where you want it to be, especially in the jungle scene with The End.

which even though i say that MGS4 is better than MGS3, The END battle is my fav MGS boss battle to date.

I only played MGS3 through with the original copy, then bought Subsistence later. Never played it again, though, so while I knew that new camera control was in there, I didn't get a chance to see it. Smile

And yeah, The End was awesome.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:As I only recently played the original, I'm probably biased, but I'm going to say MGS4 is the best I've played and MGS3 is a close second, just because of the story.

Actually I'd think that would make your opinion more unbiased than me, I can't help it, when I think of MGS 1 I get all excited.

I don't honestly think I'd play 4 without played the first three, it's story based and heavily at that. I could probably still enjoy the game without it, but you'd be lost and frustrated.

Dillon, you should really, really, go out and get the first two fallout games, you honestly shouldn't have to bother buying them, so I don't see the harm in it. The first one can be finished in under 20 hours, maybe less, and it's a pretty great game. The 2nd one is much longer and the difficulty is ramped up severely I'd say, but after you've gotten the hang of the first one that's not necessarily a bad thing. They're amazing games if you get the right patches and you aren't a graphics whore. I'm amused whenever I see people complain about the graphics of those games. I think sprites with painted or drawn backgrounds might as well be ageless, lol.

Oh, and, yes, at first the right clicking system to click on different stuff is annoying, but you get over it pretty quickly.

Quote:I am not in to so much action titles so don't call it a sin to not have played it yet
I play 90% RPG and some platform games if they are good. I am also after excellent story driven game which I know MGS stand for.
To each his own, but if I don't get a good balance of more active and more passive games, I get really bored.
Superjew Wrote:Oh, ok. Among my favorites are Lunar 1 and 2, Fallout 1 and 2, Legend of Dragoon, Neverwinter nights, Baldurs Gate. I'm probably forgetting a million of them, but that's the gist of it.

The thing with the Twin Snakes is that they updated the control scheme so it's like MGS 2. It makes the game waaaay too easy, and a lot of the original voice actors aren't in the game. It kind of robs it of a bit of personality IMO. Besides that it's pretty much the exact same game.

It's the same voice cast, they just redid all the voice work and make artistic changes in characters such as Mei Ling (who is still voiced by Kim Mai Guest) and Naomi Hunter (who is still voiced by Jennifer Hale). Christopher Fritz and Christopher Randolph are the same person, as are Cam Clarke and James Flinders, Debbie Mae West and Mae Zaedler.

The entire voice cast returned, some of them just voiced their characters differently, and now that MGS4 has come out it should be obvious as to why.
Anyway, my favorite MGS game is Subsistence. I don't think any MGS game delivers such consistently amazing gameplay and narrative. MGS4, while awesome, is way too inconsistent in its action, and in some ways was underwhelming for ditching what was built up as one of the main mechanics of the game (PMC v militia) halfway through.

As fan service, though, MGS4 is hard to beat.
I love all the MGS games but I would probably have to say 1 is my fave tho. I loved 2 up to where you played as Ravan, 1st part in 2 was good, it was good to play as Snake again after playing on the PS1 version which I have completed about 3-4 times. I only completed 2 and 3 once, I tend to play the 1st part of 2 more than the Ravan bit as I hated him as a character.

Everyone knows you all want to play as Snake. I have completed 4 once but im halfway through again, (had to go on hold as other games have come out to occupy my time but I will work my way through it when the games dry up a bit and I have clocked most of them)

MGS 3 was good, a good idea let you play as Big Boss (technically looked and and played like Snake) lol

MGS 4 just blew me away the whole story was great etc graphics but it still didn't beat MGS1 for me. 4 is prettier obviously but for me MGS was good as a few people were playing it in work and we were all talking where were up to for ages till we had it completed.

My mate in America messaged me and said you like playing games on your Playstation, then get this game its called Metal Gear Solid Tactical Espionage Action when it comes out over there, trust me you wont regret it. He kept telling me once a week about the game in general but nothing storywise so nothing was ruined for me. When I got it I was like this is great. It kept me wanting to go back and keep finding out what happens next. If they do the film as rumours have suggested it will get done then im just hoping it will be as good as the entire series has.

Just have to get used to MGS 5 without Snake though.

Metal Gear Online is great fun to play I thought.

I have even gone out with each version and bought the susbtance and subsistance and if they do one for 4 I will buy that also. I even got the extra levels for MGS1. MGS is probably my fave game of all time then the Grand Theft Auto Series.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Any New Games Lately? Reggie White 56 4,771 09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  The return of fighting games? SHADOW 21 1,773 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Where do you buy your games? Superjew 10 829 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Last Post: SHADOW
  where do i go to download full psp games and movies FOR FREE gamerzwanted 1 1,841 03-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Games you're still waiting to be made Tosser00 26 2,530 03-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Multi Platform Games xoanon 20 1,825 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Darth Koth
  Too many games to play... RickyP 6 696 11-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Ben D.
  "28 Games You'll Never Play" The Benny (Macho) 3 802 10-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  PS3 backwards compatibility for PS2 games!!! Snork12000 11 1,019 10-11-2007, 04:52 AM
Last Post: DragonSphere
  Dance-Pad Games for Youngens? svosen 3 685 09-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013