Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Fantasy VIII appreciation thread
I played this thing all the way through with my girlfriend, and it was nice because I was playing it with her, but the ending was ****ing awful. And the character development, as usual, is as swift as it is retarded. The ending made little to no sense, it kinda makes me feel sorry for video games if this thing is supposedly a top notch story.

It's been 2 years since I played it but it definitely stuck out in my mind that I did not care for cardboard squall or for the awful ending. Oh, and, that I was glad that there were two of us for the GF sequences, lol. Everything else about the game was solid enough, but to play a game that long for a very nonsensical ending makes me wish that square quit doing final fantasy right after VI.
Final Fantasy VIII was actually a fun game, with a decent story. I agree to some extent that the ending was odd, but I still think it made sense. Really, it's a twist on the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" theory. Basing opinions on this idea as well as classic archetypes, I can certainly agree that it is a superior RPG. My favourites, though, are VII and X. Oh! I should see if there are appreciation forums for those, too. Smile
I did like VIII, but preferred VII, VI and IX. Not the biggest fan of X, but XII was cool.
Life is one great paradox
[Image: card.png]
[Image: robinhood2010.png]
VIII was seriously a good game. The last bit of the game I thought could have been done a little bit different. I hated how I could no longer go around and do stuff on the 4th disc. Loved the card battles. That was one of the best mini games on any of the FFs, I thought. They actually made a card game based on it. I have yet to find these cards. Well, I found them on toywiz, but I think they were sold out of them.
"Im camel spotting. Im spotting to see if there are any camels that I can spot and put them down in my camel spotting book." - from Monty Python's Flying Circuis

"The difference between nerds and geeks, is that a nerd plays with it, but a geek gets it done!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Super Smash Bros Thread Mr. SunburnMan 4 2,155 07-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Norrec
  Personal Review: Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core - Zapix 23 4,121 04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core + Shinra UDM Case Zapix 8 2,020 01-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Final Fantasy Tactics:The War Of The Lions a little giant BlinkBoy 8 1,344 10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dmitry M. (Lazer)
  Final fantasy tactics Chimeran92 0 2,447 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals:Echoes of Time Robochic 0 1,366 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Final Fantasy Chocobo Dungeons Robochic 0 1,101 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  FINAL FANTASY IV: The After Years BankeA 0 1,390 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The Truth about Final Fantasy VII robinhood2010 0 3,038 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  E3 2010: The Nintendo Thread The Benny (Macho) 0 4,450 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: