Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game for Life or Burn the Hell Out?
It's all about themes people, and I see em in the comments every day. The latest theme is brought to you by who else but you?

I can't lie to you, I was disconcerted to see that a number of people have decided that this generation would be their last. The announcement of OnLive seemed to spark this but I seriously doubt it has any swagger inasfaras causing people to make their PS3 and or 360 their final console. Some folks were saying they were getting too old, that they didn't want to keep up. But man, can you really give it up? Are these guys just spouting because they are tired of the bleedin politics invovled? Cuz I gotta tell ya, I don't think I can stop no matter how old I get. I'm 27 and I put my action figures and legos away a long time ago but gaming stays with me. It's just like I know I'm always going to love to read, write my own books, and draw.

So that's where we are at, I didn't put a poll in because I firmly believe that whatever you tell yourself, you just might be coming back to gaming. My brother quit for 10 years, but now that he's reached a stage where he needs to have a good time that the wife can't put a damper on, he's back to gaming.

What's it to you? Game for life or burn out and quit?

I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge Mr. Opsdaddy's quote from George Bernard Shaw who I've studied and respected: "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
What, are you kidding me? Wink
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ya im with Ben..what you talking about..you serious!?

But ya i was quite shocked at reading those comments about qutting after this generation of consoles but world believe it or not, people do stop playing games..

It's a sad fact of life but me? well i don't know...
i might
i might not
hmm
just forget it!
You know where i stand Wink
It's an interesting thing to hear people say, that they might give up gaming. For me it's like saying I might give up books or TV, or any other hobby, it isn't something I see as more childish than any other.

It's especially interesting for it to be said around OnLive, because if anything that service is the one that would really change gaming, if it worked as advertised (which seems unlikely). No more worrying about PC specs, no more console allegiances, no necessary technical knowledge or library considerations. Buying an OnLive device or even a basic PC would be no different to choosing a DVD player or TV when it comes to gaming, and would possibly give it that casual ubiquity that even the Wii doesn't have yet.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
I have gradually drifted away due primarily to time constraints and now I can barely bring myself to do more than have a blast on the latest demos then shut down and read a book or watch a dvd. Worryingly it's getting to the stage where I don't really miss playing anymore.

I'm not saying I'll ever completely give up but the eagerness is no longer there.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
I hear ya, i mean time is a real problem for me too. Fact is I don't game anywhere near like I used to because turn based RPGs are dead, and well when your hobby changes you might have to let some of it go. Still, it might change back some day.
[SIZE=2]"Vox audita perit, litera scripta manet[/SIZE][SIZE=2]."

[SIZE=1]"The spoken word perishes, the written word remains."
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[Image: card.png]

[URL="http://TheSyndrome.8k.com"]
[/URL]
Ive just been Next Gen for four months, so i could easily see it taking some time before i move up again. Hopefully for all the systems (doesnt matter about Nintendo) they will just keep supporting their current set ups for a long time to come...
Well I haven't read enough about this online service and pricing and stuff to figure out whether it's detrimental or not, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've considered stopping gaming because a lot of the new games coming out nowadays are just not that good, there are plenty of older games out there most of us have yet to play. Especially if you like turn based RPGs, you can get certain, ahem, emulators and try some out. There are a ton of them.
When I was seeing the ex gf my game time was reduced somewhat, since we split up I went back to gaming in a serious way. I bought myself the bigger hd tv for my bedroom plus started spending more time online etc.

I know I wont ever leave gaming I enjoy it far too much. Smile
I'm 26, married with no kids. I love video games and my wife can't stand them (although I'm working on that....). As far as gaming goes, I see no end in sight. In fact, in the years to come, I'm looking forward to playing games with my kids. Cool However, since I've been married, my video game time has been cut significantly! Although, I like to think that my generation will be the first generation that plays games at age 50 and up. I guess time will tell.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where the hell is everyone at?????? BikerSaint 27 7,062 07-10-2017, 07:28 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  Last Game You Beat? TrueAssassin86x 2 335 05-20-2017, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Spartan119
  Most valuable game? farfus 47 6,499 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Last Post: farfus
  What cartoon would you make a game out of? antscrubber 23 3,405 02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Last Post: SHADOW
  SHADOW's PC game wish list SHADOW 13 960 09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Superjew
  Sunny plays his first PC game in years (spore) Mr. SunburnMan 61 3,883 09-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Japan's Favourite Video Game Characters The Benny (Macho) 4 862 08-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Video Game World Records. FTheMan 0 659 06-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Last Post: FTheMan
  The 2nd best puzzle game of all time is downloadable on PSN and XBLA Mr. SunburnMan 7 1,389 09-12-2007, 04:23 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  The downloadable game story so far Mr. SunburnMan 10 1,904 05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013