Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halo 3
May be unintentional spoilers here.

Now I remember why I never finished Halo 1. Part way through the game just stops being fun.

As with most games, I've put it on the easy setting just so I can play quickly through the story on my first play and if I think it's worth it I'll play through again on a higher difficulty level.

Halo 3 was going fine and I was having fun and then I got to the hunt for Cortana. Even on easy the game quickly changed from a fun shooter to charging blindly past all the enemies because you don't have enough ammo, hoping that you just happen to have taken the correct turnings.

That does not make for fun gaming. I'm playing to shoot things, not run away. I like to decide which route to take, not cross my fingers and hope I'm not running in circles.

I may go back to Halo sometime but right now I just can't be bothered. If I leave it long enough I will have completely lost interest and I can trade it in. I can see the ending on youtube anyway.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
I've only ever truly had fun playing Halo's campaign while doing coop play - and because of the 4 player online coop, Halo 3's campaign is by far my favourite.
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
Co-op.. I forgot about that.

Shame I can't play online with signing up for £40 Sad

3 forum tokens
The Flood levels have always been awful, both in the amount of enemies thrown at you and the confusing level designs. The Flood themselves are obviously an integral part of the storyline but fighting them is no fun at all, and doing those levels solo on heroic difficulty was painful.

I really love the big levels against the covenant though, huge and sprawling with vehicles and scarabs... Lots of fun. I've played it through a couple of times with just me and either my brother or nephew, but it must be excellent with three other (good) people.
I did enjoy the other levels. I'd just like to skip this couple I'm on now.

3 forum tokens
heh, agreed with playing Halo3 online, co-op makes the campaign a blast! Still waiting for a friend in Scotland to give me a stable time to help him beat it on Legendary.... Just hope my US<--->UK problems we had the first time won't strike!
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Halo 3 - Updated with new EXP system and 750 points of new achivements! Zapix 13 1,860 10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Halo + Golf ??? hoggle 1 1,455 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  halo charity game hoggle 1 1,258 10-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Halo 3 Beta Goten 0 2,035 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  halo wars beta Joe III 0 1,013 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Halo Wars Demo Impressions Joe III 0 1,567 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  HALO: odst, were we lied to? thepill 0 1,338 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Microsoft ramp up Halo hype/whoring The Benny (Macho) 0 2,065 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  The Original Halo timexking 0 1,440 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Halo 3 Forged Map? dealrocker 0 928 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: