Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Rain
Yeah, Heavy Rain is looking like it could be a fantastic game. I'm not alone in thinking IP took some very questionable turns in its gameplay and story (there's even a walkthrough on GameFAQs that recommends uninstalling at a set point and making up your own ending), but it's still a subjective thing. If you didn't have the same issues then HR is just going to look even more promising.
Anyone know their budget? That'll give a big clue as to how good this might be. But I guess I'll take the wait-and-see approach
MajorDomo Wrote:Anyone know their budget? That'll give a big clue as to how good this might be. But I guess I'll take the wait-and-see approach

Welcome, and I have no idea what their budget is. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
They probably have a fairly decent budget for the game. David Cage (head of QD) reckons Sony are treating it as their big game for next year, though obviously they have a couple other big games coming that might get some attention too.
heavy rain will blow your mind, apparently:

http://www.cgreviews.com/site/blogs/blog...-your-mind

I'm really looking forward to this game and hope that they show some gameplay at E3. I'm tired of hearing about awesome footage that is shown behind closed doors.
and for the lazy...

Heavy Rain Will Blow Your Mind

I'm really restricted to what I can say here, but I just wanted to get a couple chimes in about Heavy Rain. I've recently had the opportunity to get a glimpse of some new gameplay footage, and I was absolutely floored. Heavy Rain is so dynamic and alive, it'll blow your mind. No one I've spoken to can confirm if E3 2009 will see the same footage I saw yesterday, but I have done all I can to encourage them to show some of what they've shown me. We're talking physics, dynamic story-telling, insane graphical updates since E3 '08--it is an amazing game and a contender for Game of the Year.

...:rox: bold words. I go from not being bothered, to being bothered.. to forgetting then remembering about this game. with so many great games coming to the PS3 I do hope that this one stands out, luckily there isnt a game like it coming out, so thats in its favour.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Well Heavy Rain is something we get around here on occasion, but if you say its really good, i will take your word, chap!! Rolleyes
I'm looking forward to seeing footage, ideally of somebody just sitting down and playing the game, with no cuts or editing. I want to see exactly how it plays.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing footage, ideally of somebody just sitting down and playing the game, with no cuts or editing. I want to see exactly how it plays.

there is already some unedited 20mins of gameplay footage on youtube of Cage's demonstration at a French Game convention. I cant find a link as youtube is barred at my work. Do a search and you should easily find it.

The best part is that the footage shows how many different ways there is to complete the mission. And it is intense, really intense.

heres the links to the gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycoxWUXPJ3Q (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XyE4dfed...re=related (part 2)

more gameplay to be revealed on 1up on 22/05. cant wait!
I hadn't seen those Chicko, thanks for the links.

The camera reminds me of Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island, jumping around for optimal/cinematic angles and a little disorienting. The whole thing is very reminiscent of those games actually, with the camera, the movement, searching for interaction prompts and the way the head looks around at items of interest.

Content-wise the taxidermy sequence does seem to be similar to the opening of Fahrenheit, which is a very good sign. Multiple choices, lots of tension and atmosphere, the splitscreen view of the enemy etc. are all some of the best parts of that game. It was nice to see that the whole QTE sequence really is a punishment for messing up and can otherwise be wholly avoided. Hopefully they'll remember to keep it mostly optional for the whole game, because it does get a bit Dragon's Lair once that sequence kicks off.

I'm definitely looking forward to the embargo being up and seeing what the media are making of it.
ATTENTION - Unless otherwise specified, all opinions stated in the above post should be interpreted as the personal opinions of The Benny (Macho) and not objective fact, even when said opinions are inarguably superior to all other opinions in the thread.

[Image: uc.png]
Stm | XB | PS | WP | FB

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heayy rain!!! Mista 0 2,045 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain does gaming a service. TheWorldEnds 0 2,285 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain Worries. TheWorldEnds 0 2,341 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain (nudity?) LegendaryWolfeh 0 3,238 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Leaked Heavy Rain Videos cLoudou 0 3,552 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain review Sir Shak 0 2,892 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain.....What do you think about it? Rogers71 0 18,195 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Heavy Rain, bad taxidermist code? TheWorldEnds 0 2,410 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: