Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home
it was email, so i urge you all to check it.. and in your spam boxes!

I wonder how many have got invites, but because its gone straight to spam.... never been seen again.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Wow, talk about being the luckiest guy...on the forum at least Smile. Congrats and hope it all turns out great. but hey my question is mainly how many customization options are there for your character and home? Also how good of a social networking system is HOME? Has Sony destroyed the gamers=unsocial myth once and for all?
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
cheers Smile

yeh, not all the options are open to us, and probably wont be until its finally release.
But what you have here is pretty good and i personally think that the faceless side of online gaming atleast has some sort of soul now.

if more games put in the effort that WarHawk has done with home, then setting up a game in HOME will be way WAY easier than doing it on the fly in-game. i was quite impressed with that, though i havent played anyone yet because i dont know anyone in HOME.. Sad

though i have played pool and bowling with strangers, and its fun.. but still a lil weird playing against strangers in that way, because you feel that you should be chatting all the time like if you were friends, lol.

the arcade games are fun too..

but when you walk about you come across groups of people chatting, dancing etc.. and it is like walking by a group of people in the street and ear wigging their conversation, its bizarre. I dont use a head set either, so these conversations are text bubbles.

the customisation isnt exactly deep, but its more than enough for now, and its obvious that it will go DEEEEP when its released.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

im only fear about home would be that it would lanch and it would be boring and people would just say all that wait for this!!!!
so i take it this will not happen???
is your apartment/space very customisable??this would make me very happy
thanks dillion. It's great to have someone here are the forums who also has Home and it seems to be great from what you said. thanks Smile
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
yeah, its good... once you get over the initial excitement of getting on Home, you can start to test certain areas, and do what Sony want you to do and thats put it through its paces, i can see why it needs so much testing, this is huge. (scope wise not area)

i can also see why some people are slagging it off though, i call it the GTA4 syndrome (lol).. its where something that is very good gets over hyped to the point where people expect it to rival gods own existance.

fact is HOME is great, and will have a LOT of uses, but at the moment people are knocking around on HOME with nothing to do, they just cant see the bigger picture and are upset that Sony hasnt given them everything that HOME has to offer.

I questioned it myself and wondered i would be bored in three months of playing the Beta, but i dont see it.. HOME is a meeting place, a place to go when youre bored and to see your mates there... somewhere you can set up a multiplayer game with ease.. thats what HOME offers you, it wont make you a sandwich, it wont put the dog to bed and make you a cup of tea and it wont magic up some sort of god like entertainment where you could throw all your games away..

the way you can talk to friends is really good, like i say, walking around and seeing groups of people having conversations is mad. meeting new people and just joining games... Sony seems to of bridged that gap that everyone feared with online gaming.

with the old Gen consoles, we would be around peoples house playing games together in the same room, but technology moves at an increased pace, and there is no turning back.. online gaming is here to stay.
What Home does is brings the social eliment back in to it. rather than the faceless and souless multiplayer where we hear the voices of annoying 12yr olds playing cod, here we can walk and talk with people before setting a game up (if you wished). you dont even have to play a game, you can just sit around and talk.

its not perfect, but this is where sony is going with this, and its impressive. playing online is here to stay, and at least HOME is a society that has a face and a name.. almost something you can touch, if you wish. if you buy in to the whole idea of an online mutiplayer community then HOME has plenty to offer you.

HOME does what Sony have always said it will do, thats all... and personally i think it going to be good.

TRAMP:
you can customise a lot, but not a huge amount in the Beta, i imagine in the full release there will be a lot you can do, but what we have is just to get us going and looking diffrent from the other Beta people around us.

as for your space, yeh theres a bit you can do with it, but like i say this is a beta on the mechanics of HOME, not soft furnishing :lol: ...but still, what i can do with my apartments im happy with.

Anyone got ANY idea when Home is actually due out??
out soon, the beta version that we're using is close to it going live (imo).. a public Beta has to come yet...

there was a rumour that HOME is to be released in two weeks from now, but that could be the rumour for the public Beta, i very much doubt its for the full release of HOME.

but what ever happens it will probably be in the next two months, especially now that LBP has a release date (Oct 29th) and that has always been a title that has been connected with HOME.

I guess we'll see.

Well apparently Home is definitely launching this year, so the public beta can't be that far off.
I got a question concerning public betas, how do you get into them?
surely it must have some user limit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playstation Home beta extended until 1/15/08 GOREDDEVILS 2 1,112 10-18-2007, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  GT5/Home timed release? Gabriel013 3 1,042 09-26-2007, 03:36 AM
  Home Beta GOREDDEVILS 4 1,546 08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
  Home artb013 3 1,320 06-07-2007, 07:27 AM
  Playstation 3 Home Audio/Video Solutions Shatterday 0 1,638 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Official Upcoming Home Spaces! SamSamurai 0 819 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Folding Their Tents and Going Home: The Characters We Will Miss TheWorldEnds 0 1,183 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Folding at Home Jordahn 0 795 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sony Home Glitches Snafu 0 1,642 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Abe's coming home! BlinkBoy 0 2,149 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: