Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
InFamous
G4 have a five minute bit of InFamous gameplay footage (HD here, SD here) that has been doing the rounds. Some sites are loving it while others are less enfused.

Personally I thought it looked great. The lightning power is either awkward to aim or the person playing is no good at the game (which either way seems odd to show off), but it looks like another spin on Crackdown's superhero sandbox, trading crazy leaps and guns for more robust climbing and lightning powers.

Granted, the character looks fairly generic (though not as chunky as some) and there was one bit where the player seemed to be fighting with the camera, but generally I was impressed. I'm not sure about having to ride the trains to traverse the city though, if that's the primary way to get from place to place it could get old fairly quickly. What does everybody else think?
uhoh, I see Star Bucks in that footage! I should tell an ex of mine about that, she might want the game just for that alone :lol: Mocha junky.

I'll be happy to see more about the game as it comes out, as it's one of the few games I have interest in.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
The open worldness to it and the fact that you can shoot lighting out of your hands is win for me. The only problem I can see, that I will have, is that you only have the lighting for a weapon. You can't pick up anything else and use it against who ever you are fighting.
"I'm the body with the coroner, Many friends yet still a loner."

"Black then white are all i see in my infancy. Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me."
I am The Giver. Thank you Tool.
The game has a lot of potential, maybe it can get that superhero movie vibe going and then things will get interesting.

What are they going to do about rain? That's what I want to know.
Still more interested in Saints Row 2 more than this
[Image: mabbsig2007.jpg]
I think I'd take this over Saints Row because it's been a while since I've played a God-like character and running round like your average Joe feels to much like normality.

Hell, I nearly bought Superman just so I could be adored or feared by mortal men.:evil:

That reminds me. Deus Ex is still one of my top games and I want a sequel on the PS3.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
The first time i read about this my jaw dropped to the floor just like it did when I first saw SW: Force Unleashed. I'm very excited about this game but I don't want to be let down once it releases so Ill just calmly wait for this game and see how it goes.

What I don't like about the video was the animation. His running looked like an animated rag doll. Maybe if he had the fluidity of Assassins Creed then it might look better. Another thing was the aiming..but i guess that can be worked around with.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/infam...id=6175383
Some interview about the game here. 18 Months on development seems a bit short to me but we'll see how it plays out.
:eplus2:
the game looks amazing, certainly one I would buy.. multiplayer from what I remembered sounded too good to be true.

any idea when its coming out?
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Gabriel013 Wrote:I think I'd take this over Saints Row because it's been a while since I've played a God-like character and running round like your average Joe feels to much like normality.

Hell, I nearly bought Superman just so I could be adored or feared by mortal men.:evil:

That reminds me. Deus Ex is still one of my top games and I want a sequel on the PS3.

Pssst: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deusex...lt;title;1

Doesn't even specify a platform but I'm sure they'll need the money so it'll go on all 3. (PC, PS3, 360) Edit: From the discussion going on, it's sounding like a Fallout 3 style rape, so who knows how true it'll be to its roots?

Besides the sandbox thing, I'm seriously not sure why Saints Row and this game are being compared. :nosense:
Theres multiplayer on this game? Wow! cant wait too see what thats like.

"The game has been under development for 18 months and will ship in 2008."
^ (From the interview)
:eplus2:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Infamous screens ! Sir Shak 0 844 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Infamous karma system hands-on Sir Shak 0 1,884 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  OPM UK reviews inFamous Sir Shak 0 1,851 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  terminator vs infamous herukuti 0 1,838 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFAMOUS Bonus cd soundtrack and making of daniod 0 1,721 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFAMOUS reviewed ! Sir Shak 0 2,518 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I Got The InFamous SuperPower Code Early treezy504 0 1,692 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFamous Live Chat it up LegendaryWolfeh 0 1,744 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  inFamous demo on EU PSN The Benny (Macho) 0 3,362 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  infamous herukuti 0 2,436 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: