Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Odyssey
With the SLOT SEED items, Sarah and Ming both have potential to be better than Cooke and Jansen, which is great. I figure I can setup Sarah and Ming with all the high level magic abilities in a few slots, use the rest to boost MP, physical and magical defenses, support abilities if so wanted, etc.

Also, Sed seems to be another support melee, but given his abilities and character... I am most pleased with his addition to the group. The other human character you gain however is a full blown melee, so it's nice to see I won't be mana burning my way though fights anymore.

About 75% done with DISC 3. It's been grueling a bit (not going ruin it for ya Wink), but starting to get better!

I just picked up Oblivion tonight for the PS3, so I'm sort of getting anxious to finish this now so I can see what all the hype about Oblivion is :nosense:

As for items, I too have rarely used any. I did however pick up 99 HEALING MEDS and 99 MANA HERBS shortly after leaving Gohtza.

Looks like you're about 7 1/2 hours faster than I am, lol
I'm slow! :lol:

40 hours (yeah, exactly that!)
Levels are spread out now between 32-37 (ugh...)

I feel like I've been doing the Chains of Promathia expansion from Final Fantasy XI... cutscene, boss, cutscene, cutscene, boss, boss, cutscene, cutscene, cutscene... disc error, repeat, cutscene, save... lol oh, followed by more cutscenes!

Character development is going really well, I'm actually kind of impressed. Smile
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
42 Hours 42 Minutes
"PLEASE INSERT LOST ODYSSEY DISC 4"
Smile

Disc 3 was definately the a bit harder than first two discs.

Also there's a little tip I have for the final area of disc 3 with the geysers... You'll find items you can pick up, but would really have to be timed. Otherwise you get hit and knocked back. There's a little 'glitch' so to speak where you can pick up the item, when the item you picked up shows on the screen as obtained, do not press anything. Simply wait a second or two it takes for the geyser to do it's thing again, and when it's down, press (A) and move away. It doesn't register where you're standing, so it's a nice way to stay safe Smile
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

just spent 6 hours doing side quests nonstop!

The musical notes side quest is kind of... I dunno, pointlessly easy? Sort of fun though I guess.

The arena ('backyard' as it's called) battles are actually fun. You can do then straight out, or try spending extra time to try and get the secret part of it done. Each one has an objective, some with rules.

I have all but 3 dreams left to obtain. I've obtained several of the secret treasures hidden throughout the world.

Side quests for NPCs and whatnot as well. Not sure how much more is left, but I think I'm almost done with them because I can't find anything else.

Time to move on to the game itself! :p

Also found a nice place to damage burn (heal after battle with other characters) and gain a level per fight. LOL Broke level 40 like it was nothing, and boosted my lower levels up as well. Might take advantage of that some more Wink

I didn't bother to really check, but I'm in the 59 hour range, give or take a little.

Moved along in the story itself which took about 3 hours of that time. Basically at that point where I tend to stop playing most RPGs. The point where you have all the sidequests open to do, and the next part of the story itself is the final area. For some reason I always stop! LOL

I plucked at hours of sidequests, treasure hunting, and even accidently stumbled into a sidequest boss that tried very hard to get the best of me, but failed horribly once I started to catch on to it's actions. Tough fight though, almost thought I'd lose at one point because I was kind of under leveled for it. Taking 2000+ damage and 1 hit kills. Kind of intense.

Visited all areas, and got a bit of idea what's ahead for sidequests left. Judging on the enemies I've faced, I can probably get around lv.50-55 pretty quickly. Right now, main party is 43, others are 39-42.

My annoyance of the day...
About 20 "DISC UNREADABLE" errors. . .
Almost 1/2 of them were trying to enter a boss fight.

Been very busy (and sick) so I haven't had the chance to play much, but I've moved forward over the past few days.

I'm at about 29 hours, and I'm still working through the part where the party is split up. Just got to Sed with Seth and Tolten, but that part pissed me off...I know I only had to get to the center circle there (where Sed was), and I ran into TWO random battles against those six soldiers (3 Uhran, 3 Gohtzan) before I could get there. It's like 10 feet away!!! Second one almost finished me. Sooooo dumb. :mad:

But anyway, I'm hoping Sed becomes a party member, because Tolten's stats suck. Hell, Mack is better. Currently, I just took control of Cooke and Mack on the winter-y road there, where you have to push through the wind. It's cool that the enemies really can't hurt them, though.

Haven't had much difficulty in the past 10 hours or so. I think the last real challenging fight I had was against Sarah when she was possessed. Beyond that, nothing too tough, which is fine. Tons of storyline going on, so I'm going to relish the chance to run around and do some side-quests when I get the opportunity. Smile
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
I haven't been playing it since I popped in OBLIVION, but then I ran into the "Vampirism Cure" glitch compliments of the Game (Glitch!) of The Year Edition. Bought a copy of the original game on ebay for $8... Lucky? So now just a matter of waiting for it so I can get around it. So I might go back to LOST ODYSSEY this weekend.

You're at a point where it's not too rough, but it's going to get a little bit harder. Once you take control over Ming and Jansen, expect things to get a little tougher! Least it was for me.

As for Tolten, I found him pretty decent, especially with his Royal Sword which you can obtain on the way to getting Sed. His lines are obnoxious though in the fights. Sed on the other hand is really great, and yes, he's a main character you get to use. I love it when he calls Seth, "Momma!" Haha, it's kinda creepy! Sounds like you're closing in on the end of Disc 3 though.

Well, here's my update-

At about the 43-hour mark, and I just got past the part where you have to fight four Arthrosaurs or whatever the hell those things are called; the WEAPON-like things attacking Numara. That wasn't too hard, but it did take me a couple tries because I didn't put one to sleep, which I really had to do.

Before that, I spent a good deal of time running around and finding new Dreams and Treasures, just because most of the map was finally open to me. The only thing I couldn't do was beat that weird monster back at the Sorceress' Mansion; the one that's in the room where you fought possessed Sarah. That Darkness crap he casts (drains HP, MP and inflicts negative statuses) is too deadly for me right now. I'm Lv. 44, by the way, and I'm using Kaim, Seth, Sed, Ming and Sarah.

Not sure how far away I am from the end, but I'm hoping I can finish soon. I still want to do as much of the extra stuff as I can, though. I know I need Ming's harp to summon that water creature at Numara Atoll, and I've been to the Terrace Cave (underwater), but there didn't seem to be anything happening there. Just a Treasure, as far as I could see...the whole cave just goes around in a circle. Am I missing something?
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Ben D. Wrote:The only thing I couldn't do was beat that weird monster back at the Sorceress' Mansion; the one that's in the room where you fought possessed Sarah. That Darkness crap he casts (drains HP, MP and inflicts negative statuses) is too deadly for me right now. I'm Lv. 44, by the way, and I'm using Kaim, Seth, Sed, Ming and Sarah.

lol, if you noted above, I said very little about it, as I've tried to avoid spoliers at all costs...

Quote:I plucked at hours of sidequests, treasure hunting, and even accidently stumbled into a sidequest boss that tried very hard to get the best of me, but failed horribly once I started to catch on to it's actions. Tough fight though, almost thought I'd lose at one point because I was kind of under leveled for it. Taking 2000+ damage and 1 hit kills. Kind of intense.

That indeed is the fight I was talking about. I was 42-43 in that fight. I can't completely recall the fight, but as I said, I eventually noticed a pattern and took advantage of it. The big thing I did was keep up a solid defense. Also, All-Generate helps a ton. Throw up WALL on Sed, Seth, Kaim (in that order) to null damage as well. Having the HP+ Lv.1 through Lv.4 on Kaim and Seth is a must. If I recall, at certain points, it's completely vulnerable to magic, other times it heals it. Basically toss bombs, use all skills (always active, and ones you have to use) that increase magical atributes with Sarah and Ming. Make sure they can cast quickly. The fight took me a long time and for alot of it I was using items to raise the dead, try to heal, etc. Was definately the hardest fight for me so far.

Not sure how far away I am from the end, but I'm hoping I can finish soon. I still want to do as much of the extra stuff as I can, though. I know I need Ming's harp to summon that water creature at Numara Atoll, and I've been to the Terrace Cave (underwater), but there didn't seem to be anything happening there. Just a Treasure, as far as I could see...the whole cave just goes around in a circle. Am I missing something?[/quote]

You're at the end. Once you enter where Gongora is, you're locked there till you complete the game. It gives you that warning, so I assume it's the end. Short disc eh! So now is the time, the last time you get to do sidequests.

The underwater cave is treasure and some other hidden stuff I believe, but I didn't take time to explore it. Since opening Oblivion for the PS3, I've yet to put Lost Odyssey. I've been tied up with my nemesis, Final Fantasy XI, and now trying to take time for Crisis Core. Maybe I'll finish up the game on Sunday. As of tomorrow, I'll be busy with family till then.

So We're at the same point in the game, don't know how far you've gotten with sidequests, but I spent alot of time on it! lol There's the whole backyard thing too. Good way to get slot seeds!

Oh, I've done up through the Medium class in the Backyard. Unfortunately, I didn't realize I couldn't go back and try to get more stars (and the Slot Seed) after finishing a fight, so I missed out on some. But once I learned that, I made sure to get three stars as often as I could to get the extra Seeds.

And you know what, that reminds me...I don't think I ever got the accessory that gives a HP+. I must've missed it, which is why that boss is so hard for me. What is it? And can I get it now? I have the one that gives the MP+, but that's it.

Can I get into Numara and the Crimson Forest and wander around without triggering the last fight with Gongora? There's still stuff I want to do...
-- Plato

-- Elbert Hubbard
Don't remember entirely where I got them. I spent alot searching for things! lol, hence my added 16 hours and and we're at the same spot.

Think I got the lv.4 one from the pipot seeds. I've turned in like 90 of those I think. Maybe the musical notes game.

While you're at it, go poking at the royal seals for Tolten. Once you use learn his ability to use his items and weapons, Kaim and Seth can equip some really powerful swords found in them. One in Urah, the forest, the level with the poison gas where you found Kaim and Sarah, and one in that Ice area where those thieving furbies are. I know there's others, but I can't think of where they are.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost Planet for 360 Lady Jo 1 1,357 08-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Ben D.
  lost planet and crackdown 35 pounds for both aaronleo 2 1,581 07-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Last Post: aaronleo
  The Official GTA4 - The lost and damned thread Mr. SunburnMan 0 2,387 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: