Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think...
Ever wanted to play some of your PSP games that you downloaded from PSN on your Vita but can't find them in the PS Store for download to Vita?

Fear not. Simply open your transaction history and re-download any PSP titles you have purchased. Once they have downloaded to your PS3, use the Vita's content transfer utility to move them to the Vita.

I have Fate Extra working on my Vita right now, along with several other JRPGs, some of which are on the official compatibility list, some are not. That's because the Vita will play PSP titles via it's emulator, but until the PSP game in question has been QA'd to run on Vita, it will not appear for download on the PS Store for the Vita.

Two games I will be trying myself tonight - Gran Turismo for PSP and Valkyria Chronicles 2. PSP GT on the Vita should be awesome with the larger and more vibrant screen. VC2 is just plain awesome regardless. I'll have to see what else I have in my download history and try the out too.

In the meantime I found this post at CheapAss gamers that lists titles on the official list, as well as many tested and confirmed by other gamers that are not on that official list.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/show...p?t=316058
TheHighlander
[SIZE=3]PSX Extreme Forum moderator[/SIZE]
(Official Burnout Paradise Rai-Jin crash Test Dummy)
Live in the now, not the never!
Yep.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
If I could play all my PSP games all on the Vita I'd probably consider the upgrade. Thanks for the heads up. Christmas is only 5 months away.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
frostface Wrote:If I could play all my PSP games all on the Vita I'd probably consider the upgrade.

Did you buy a lot of games for you PSP on PSN? I don't think I bought a single one there, I actually don't think I even logged on PSN with my PSP.
The games were far, far cheaper on physical media than how I saw them in the PSN store when I browsed from my PS3.

But now, today, I wish I had all my purchases digital. Then even I might have wanted a Vita.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Beamboom Wrote:Did you buy a lot of games for you PSP on PSN? I don't think I bought a single one there, I actually don't think I even logged on PSN with my PSP.
The games were far, far cheaper on physical media than how I saw them in the PSN store when I browsed from my PS3.

But now, today, I wish I had all my purchases digital. Then even I might have wanted a Vita.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I've got physical media for the PSP too. But I was heading off travelling around South East Asia a few years back, back when I was working and loaded. I didn't want to cart all the disc's around (as small as they were) so I replaced what physical media games I had that were available on PSN and bought a whole bunch of others. So I've got a lot of downloadable games for the PSP from PSN and unlike my preference for physical PS3 media, for the PSP DLC is the way to go. It kinda makes sense if you think about it. You're not looking to cart your PS3 everywhere but on a handheld were everything is geared towards mobile gaming, of course downloadable is the way to go. At least that's my take on it.

Yup I totally agree, on handheld it's clearly an advantage with downloads, as long as you got the storage space.

Although... Those tiny little UMD bags I had carried with me, with a nice bouquet of games to pick from, carefully selected prior to the trip... And how I always regret that I left one particular title behind... Man, it had a very certain charm.

My God how I loved my PSP. Whenever there was a travel ahead I was like, "yaaaay - that qualifies as a PSP trip!".

Today... They are all on my phone, carried with me all the time. Nothing special. I can do a few moves in Uniwar during lunch, fool around with the physics in Apparatus before I go to sleep... It's just always there.

(Hey Frosty, you really should play the single player campaign in Uniwar and get the grips of the game. I still play it with my friends. It's a great strategy game!)
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Sorry for the lengthy delay getting back to this, Gran Turismo does indeed work. As does Burnout Legends. I haven't got Valkyria Chronicles via PSN yet, but will do so, and test it out.

From what I was reading there are some games that the emulation does not work well with, but they are very few in number. As I test out my downloaded PSP titles, I will update you on the ones I have personally tested.
TheHighlander
[SIZE=3]PSX Extreme Forum moderator[/SIZE]
(Official Burnout Paradise Rai-Jin crash Test Dummy)
Live in the now, not the never!
I'm thinking of treating myself with my first pay cheque in a couple of days time. So I've been doing some research, mostly browsing through PS Store and nearly every PSP game (though not all but close to) is Vita compatible according to the store. Which works out great.

I was looking at the Vita in Gamestop today and the larger screen will really make a difference for the PSP games I've already got. Sometimes the PSP screen just isn't big enough for me with certain SRPG's which I love.

If you do get around to trying out Valkyria Chronicles II Highlander, will you let us know how it works out for ya? According to the description for the game on the PS Store it's PSP only whereas most other PSP games it actually states Vita compatibility. It's not a big deal as I don't own the game yet but I'd like to own it and if I get a Vita the PSP will be retired.

All my PSP games are on UMD, only got one Pursuit Force when the PSN was hacked didnt even bother to get Little Big Planet as I had 2 on my PS3 and didn't see the point.

The games and the PSP is going towards a Vita for Christmas possibly.
I did replace a lot of of my UMD's to digital copies a long time ago. Maybe there's one or two I didn't yet, Loco Roco springs to mind, but it's only €3/4 so no biggie.

Which then brings me to my next question, a game like Loco Roco would work well with the motion controls, tilting left to right moving the little guy along, but it's a PSP title so wasn't developed with motion tech in mind. So when games are converted from PSP titles to work on the Vita, do they benefit from the Vita's tech or do they just run the same as on the PSP?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vita: apps, products and help dillonthebunny 419 51,867 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,304 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Copy and paste on Vita? MUSTANG750R 0 18,082 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,747 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,870 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 28,061 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,700 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita or PS3? frostface 0 5,317 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Party Chat on the Vita. frostface 0 5,286 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: