Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSXE Awards are In.
Original article from the main page.

It's nearly 3am so I'm gonna copy my post from the comments here and I'll fine toothcomb the awards better tomorrow.

Because I enjoyed TLoU I can't argue with it winning though my GOTY was for Tombraider.

I might of went with Killzone: Mercenary's for the Vita as last years best but I just bought Tearaway today and it's growing on me in a big way. And I'm lucky too because I nearly didn't get it as the demo was rubbish. Glad I took a chance.

Glad to see Fifa 14 got a win, it's a seriously good game.

In fact my only real grievance with the awards if we can call it that was with Killzone Shadowfall winning best PS4 game. It's an ok shooter, more style over substance imo. I guess with there being slim pickings with PS4 exclusives, it puts the list between KZ and Knack so the decision makes sense but AC: Black Flag is the best game on PS4 right now.

Anyway, not a bad list for this years awards and with such a high level of games as nominees, it's hard to argue with the results even if I've a different outcome in my head.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
The only category I really disagree with is the "Most anticipated" category. To give that to some old Final Fantasy titles is just... Wrong.

Had psxe been a JRPG site then fair enough. Or the category had been named "most anticipated jrpg" or "re-release". But it's not. And in the first year of a new generation you really can't say that a remastered version of a game from the last decade is what we are most anticipating.

But other than that I think the rest of the categories were fair enough, although maybe a tad too predictable. But what can you do, this has not been the best of gaming years.
I had a personal favourite in Metro Last Light and therefore I'd love to see it win something a bit more prestigious than "most overlooked", but at least it got some credit. It deserves that.
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
Beamboom Wrote:The only category I really disagree with is the "Most anticipated" category. To give that to some old Final Fantasy titles is just... Wrong.
That result was based on one persons opinion and one person alone. It was not an objectively thought out result. Which is fine, Ben's always got something to say even on a slow news day about Final Fantasy. It's his favourite series or at least it's right up there and he makes no secret of it. I do agree with you Beam that to give FF the most anticipated award is wrong. I don't know anyone anticipating FF. I'm sure there are people looking forward to it but generally speaking, just no, no way is it most anticipated.

I could name a few games I'm most anxious about coming out but I'd just be doing the same as Ben. You could say games like the MGS games are most anticipated since it's been a few years since the last title and most people wet themselves over that game (I'm not a MGS series fan), or last years Bioshock Infinite was really anticipated too.

But we've had a few FF's this generation and they've all been ridiculed and the series is dead in the eyes of many (another series I'm not a fan of), including Ben if we're to go on the many articles that pop up on the main page out of no-where, even when there's no FF news, talking about how SE have ruined the series and oh how we we want a return to the greatness of yesteryear and the turn based mechanic that made the series so great.

Double post.

frostface Wrote:That result was based on one persons opinion and one person alone. It was not an objectively thought out result. Which is fine, Ben's always got something to say even on a slow news day about Final Fantasy. It's his favourite series or at least it's right up there and he makes no secret of it. I do agree with you Beam that to give FF the most anticipated award is wrong. I don't know anyone anticipating FF. I'm sure there are people looking forward to it but generally speaking, just no, no way is it most anticipated.

I could name a few games I'm most anxious about coming out but I'd just be doing the same as Ben. You could say games like the MGS games are most anticipated since it's been a few years since the last title and most people wet themselves over that game (I'm not a MGS series fan), or last years Bioshock Infinite was really anticipated too.

But we've had a few FF's this generation and they've all been ridiculed and the series is dead in the eyes of many (another series I'm not a fan of), including Ben if we're to go on the many articles that pop up on the main page out of no-where, even when there's no FF news, talking about how SE have ruined the series and oh how we we want a return to the greatness of yesteryear and the turn based mechanic that made the series so great.

I used to be a huge FF fan and have just given up on the series, and it's precisely because Square refuses to evolve the series in any meaningful way from the old days. Of course even when they put gameplay bandaids on new series to make them seem somewhat fresh, 'old school' FF fans cry foul as if changing the formula one whit is a crime against humanity, so Square is probably stuck between a rock and a hard place with some fans wanting a lot more change than they're offering and some fans wanting FFVII over and over until they die.

The end result is a FF brand that most people don't care about anymore, because Square split the difference.

That said, speaking personally, my most anticipated game is some new IP that hasn't been announced yet, because 99.8% of sequels these days suck. Since that comes off kinda snobbish, my practical answer is Mirror's Edge 2, partly because it looks amazing and partly because DICE actually gave me enough time to want a sequel.
I should just add, I've been informed over on the main site that the FF Most Anticipated Game for 2014 is the most anticipated game by members over on the main site so I take back my above post.

I'd really hope that's not true of gamers in general though, and just a quirk of a site led by two jRPG fans. It's an HD update of a not-bad jRPG coupled with the game that kind of heralded Square's descent into sequels, spin-offs and fan-service. I'd be disappointed to find out it's somebody's most anticipated jRPG, let alone overall game.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
I've been told it's not just the two members, the two jRPG fans you're referring to. Apparently it's a big deal on the main site. I'm not on the main site enough to know.

^ Then get your arse over there! Now!
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
robodaddy-o Wrote:^ Then get your arse over there! Now!

It's a whole different world over there buddy. :lol: