Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Party Chat on the Vita.
A few days ago I was talking with Dillon about chatting on the Vita and he mentioned he just bought some Turtle Beach earphones with a mic on them. I was of the impression that you didn't need special headphones for the Vita, that regular headphones would work fine and the chat part would use the Vita's own microphone. This turned out right.

In fact it turned out better than alright. Basically what I wasn't aware of about Party Chat on the Vita is that it supports cross-game chat. The PS3 doesn't have that obviously. But it works really well on the Vita.

I tested it out with Robodaddy, we were talking away and I logged into Unit 13 for a minute just to check how reliable it works. While I could hear his voice over the game, he could only hear my voice. At least on my end the sound quality while we were talking was crystal clear.

So with Killzone Merc's coming out soon, I think this will work a treat with the online. Of course KZ might have it's own lobby chat feature but using the Vita's Party Chat function will mean people can back out of the game and switch out but still keep chatting away. In fact the more I think about it, a game like Soul Sacrifice would also really benefit from having a few laughs with a mate whilst beating down some monsters.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Sorry, i meant to get back to you but i hadn't slept for about 36 hours at that point.

So you don't need headphones! Can you use normal headphones and still use the mic or is that disabled as soon as you plug in?
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Regular headphones without a mic work. The Vitas built in mic does the job.

Dang, shame i got these, they sold them to me on the basis that they are the mic i was looking for
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
If you want to try them out over some KZ later we can.

I wasn't using any earbuds nor headphones when frosty and I were talking. Although, I could hear him quite clearly, the volume coming out of the Vita's speakers wasn't very loud so if you have people near you chatting away, I would recommend that you get something that either plugs into your Vita or connects via Bluetooth. Wink
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vita: apps, products and help dillonthebunny 419 52,048 06-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,321 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Copy and paste on Vita? MUSTANG750R 0 18,112 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,756 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,886 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think... TheHighlander 0 17,673 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 28,075 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,724 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita or PS3? frostface 0 5,325 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: