Problem accessing PSXextreme on IE
Hi everyone,

am pretty new on the forum, but just noticed that i've been having problems accessing PSXextreme.com using IE.

Apparently, some operation abort error keeps coming (think its related to Java?)

Does anyone else have this problem?
I've just had a check and I get the error too, both on IE8 and Firefox emulating IE through an extension, and also running IE through AOL. A fairly vague error too. First the content loads up, then a message box pops up saying it "can't open the Internet site http://psxextreme.com. Operation aborted", then it cancels loading the page. I get it if I go straight to an article too, so it isn't limited to the main page.

It seems to work fine on Firefox3, Opera and another browser I have that (as far as I know, anyway) runs a version of Firefox2.

EDIT - If it helps any, looking at the error box in the bottom left of IE adds the following display error:

Line: 2
Char: 1
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0

I don't know if that helps any...
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
It seems to be an issue with sites using SiteMeter, according to Wired, who report the error being exactly the same as the one I was getting. As PSXE uses SiteMeter it makes sense.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
Alright, now the website is working fine again! thanks for helping us resolve the problem, and thanks Macho for addressing to the issue as well.

Kudos to you all!
I run into errors like that often with IE. In some cases I guess it doesn't know what to do with certain java scripts if I remember right.

*sigh*
Microsoft products are just born to fail...
See WINDOWS 95 for more information
See WINDOWS ME for more information
See XBOX 360 ... Ummm... If you got this far, obviously you're not using IE, because you didn't BSRROMSPD (Blue Screen Red Ring of Microsoft Product Death)

On that note, I believe there's a simple script fix for it, but since most websites don't really pay attention to it, if you hit the option to stop loading the page just before it's done (obviously you'll have to refresh because you didn't see it coming!) and the page will stay up.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with becoming a Registered user of PSXextreme Fatcat 6 1,134 08-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Problem using mobile browser; overall slowness accord 4 me 2 974 03-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Zapix
  Virus on psxextreme.com? dandan 0 1,302 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Posting problem.. help needed! dillonthebunny 0 940 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Weird problem when logged in psplayer 0 765 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS3 themes on psxextreme don't work!!!!!! MGS4 Guy 0 1,753 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PSXExtreme.com no longer OK? TheHighlander 0 848 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Problem loading Profile pics on Main site. frostface 0 6,022 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: