Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Controller People
Hey guys, what's happening? 

So, this is pretty cool. The Controller People sent both Chris and I one of their custom PS4 controllers for review on site. Here's mine! Big Grin
[Image: abb51267fc.jpg]

Chris should have a review of his controller out within the next couple of weeks, while I'll provide my own coverage later on in the year. So stay tuned for that! Big Grin 

Have any of you used The Controller People before? What do ya think? They any good?
How sensitive and robust do you find them, and do they have weight?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
(10-05-2017, 06:40 AM)dillonthebunny Wrote: How sensitive and robust do you find them, and do they have weight?

So far in my use of it, it feels almost identical to a normal PS4 controller, albeit with a little extra weight due to the rubber backing mine has. My model came with multiple replaceable analog sticks with varying heights, which definitely add an overall accuracy boost.

The controller is definitely FPS focused, and the click sticks they have on the back act as a solid replacement to the typical paddle system you'd find on other similar controllers. I did have some early concerns about the click stick durability, though so far they seem to be doing their job just fine. Apparently they're good for a few million clicks as well. Also, the way the sticks are designed might actually provide an advantage in more than just first person shooter. While I haven't tried it myself (yet) I'd wager that they could be used pretty reliably in tournament fighting games. It's not quite fightstick level performance, but I can definitely see this thing being useful for people that want to do casual fighting on the side. I'd personally never take this controller with me to a Street Fighter tournament, but for basic online play, it could be very useful in getting combos going. I'm not sure if localized tournaments even allow controllers like this, as a few ban them for their performance gains. I might try to enter one just to give it a try, and bring a fightstick as a backup plan.
And the million dollar question... Do you know how much it is?

I was looking at one a while ago where you could replace pretty everything on the pad, great idea, but the price was £130 the scuf infinity ... It's £200 on Amazon. But basically I could buy 4-5 regular PS4 pads for that price, lol.

But if money was no object then I'd probably buy that, I keep hearing great things about it, but it's not like it will improve your gaming, so not much use to me then! haha

Ok, so I started looking further into the scuf... On their website the scuf impact ranges from £125 - £135 depending on livery, it does look pretty good. Still more than I would want to pay at my level of gaming.

The exact same pad with various designs are being sold on Amazon for £281.... Ridiculous just isn't the word I'm looking for here.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
(10-05-2017, 10:52 AM)dillonthebunny Wrote: And the million dollar question... Do you know how much it is?

I was looking at one a while ago where you could replace pretty everything on the pad, great idea, but the price was £130 the scuf infinity ... It's £200 on Amazon. But basically I could buy 4-5 regular PS4 pads for that price, lol.

But if money was no object then I'd probably buy that, I keep hearing great things about it, but it's not like it will improve your gaming, so not much use to me then! haha

Ok, so I started looking further into the scuf... On their website the scuf impact ranges from £125 - £135 depending on livery, it does look pretty good. Still more than I would want to pay at my level of gaming.

The exact same pad with various designs are being sold on Amazon for £281.... Ridiculous just isn't the word I'm looking for here.

The one I got comes to  £151.50 on their builder. Typically though, The Controller People are less expensive than the comparable products from other companies.