Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Top 5 Most anticipated PS3 releases this year
What do your guys lists look like. Here's mine.

1.Resistance 2
2. Socom Confrontation
3. Fallout 3
4. Madden 09 (ya I went there)
5. Those damn PSN cards.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
1) Bioshock
2) GT5

um, I don't have time or money for anything else Big Grin
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
Soul Calibur
Mercs 2
GT5
Bio Shock
Fallout

theres more, but like Gabe, i doubt i will get all of these (ahem... but i'll try)
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Wipeout HD... Final Fantasy XIII whenever SquareEnix gets around to it.
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
I don't think GT5 is actually scheduled for this year.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
LittleBigPlanet looks interesting, which was the only PS3-exclusive release (in the UK) this year I could find that interests me (Resistance 2 sort of counts but I still haven't played the first). Assuming I added multi-platform titles I'd go with, in no particular order:
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Lots of potential here and I'd like for it to be good.
  • Fallout 3 - I'd prefer this on PC but it will run much better on the 360 so I'll probably get it on that. If a big mod community pops up I may get it on PC later.
  • Dead Space - Looks genuinely interesting, and it would be nice if this ends up being part of EA's decent games.
  • Ghostbusters - Again, I'd like this to be good. The original cast are involved and there's lots of optential for a decent Ghostbusters game.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:LittleBigPlanet looks interesting, which was the only PS3-exclusive release (in the UK) this year I could find that interests me (Resistance 2 sort of counts but I still haven't played the first). Assuming I added multi-platform titles I'd go with, in no particular order:
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Lots of potential here and I'd like for it to be good.
  • Fallout 3 - I'd prefer this on PC but it will run much better on the 360 so I'll probably get it on that. If a big mod community pops up I may get it on PC later.
  • Dead Space - Looks genuinely interesting, and it would be nice if this ends up being part of EA's decent games.
  • Ghostbusters - Again, I'd like this to be good. The original cast are involved and there's lots of optential for a decent Ghostbusters game.
I almost but LBP and SW:TFU on my list but decided against it. TFU looks good but I think it'll end up being a good rental. I don't think it'll have too much replay value so I probably won't pay 60 bones for it. LBP looks stunning for so many reasons; I just don't have many friends who would be into that kind of game. It just looks like to really enjoy it you almost need a consistent group of 4 people playing.

I can't decide between PC or PS3 for Fallout. The mods for PC version could be spectacular but I enjoy playing games on console more.

I am cautiosly optimistic about Ghostbusters. It could be great. But then it could be truly awful. Only time will tell.

Dead Space is the first Survival Horror game to get me even mildly-interested in a long time. That being said it is a survival horror game so I doubt I'll like it.

You got a really solid list there.
SHADOW Wrote:Dead Space is the first Survival Horror game to get me even mildly-interested in a long time. That being said it is a survival horror game so I doubt I'll like it.

Between DEAD SPACE, SIREN, and PROJECT ORIGIN... I'm kinda creeped out by the upcoming spree of 'horror' games. Throw in that Silent Hill is due... That's a game I could add to my waiting list... Hopefully, as long as it's not 3rd person shoulder view such as RE4 and RE5.

The above 3 though, caught my attention. Not much I can say I'm actually waiting for though other than Wipeout HD, and some tidbits about Final Fantasy XIII's release date... I think on the 360 front, I'm psyched about Fable 2 and Halo Wars. I might check out Gears of War 2.

On the note of Ghostbuster, I will be interested to see how that fares. Being done by the original team, minus Bill Murray, whom is being done by his brother. With some luck, it MIGHT be decent, but I'm not putting any bets on that. I remain skeptical about every game though, but seem to enjoy most of em Smile
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Quote:You got a really solid list there.
They're all pretty much 'wild card' games, with lots of potential but no guarantee they'll live up to it. In an ideal world they would all meet with my expectations but I expect at least one or two will disappoint, with Ghostbusters being the most uncertain.

Now Zapix has brought in 360 games I can add that I'm looking forward to Viva Piñata 2, Banjo 3, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 for that console (all the third-party games mentioned above will be 360 purchases too). I'll likely get Wario Land: Shake Dimension and MySims Kingdom for Wii, with Spore and The Sims 2: Apartment Life for PC.

That's 2008 pretty much sown up, other than a few games I'll probably get (Crash: Mind Over Mutant for example) for playing with my brother or nephew.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
The only console I own right now is a PS3 so it'll just be that and PC games (If I go buy a new video card) for me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New PS3 releases Gabriel013 10 1,730 10-09-2007, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Most anticipated PS3 game? psxextreme 18 4,502 09-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Matticus85
  PS3 could be used as a FreeView box next year?? dillonthebunny 6 1,028 08-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Why Sony's 10-Year Plan Makes Sense BikerSaint 0 2,300 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sony releases brand new stupid piece of shit. NSFW Audio. YMMV. Mr. SunburnMan 0 1,003 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sony: PS3-focused 'movie plus game' Blu-ray Discs coming this year accord 4 me 0 874 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What Are Your Top Picks For Game Of The Year 2009? Danny007 0 2,694 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  What games are you looking forward to getting next year? whiskeytango74 0 3,341 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Another big year already. BeezleDrop 0 1,693 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bioshock 2, A year after bigamer908 0 2,019 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: