Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vita: apps, products and help
so I thought I would start this thread, the other thread about the Vita playing more games than you think is essential, but I can see people going off topic really quick (ahem cough cough, myself mostly.. cough).

so if you guys are up for it, lets tidy this up and post some bits and bobs here...

let me kick off!

normally I would of brought a Vita from Japan on day one, but I waited, like a fool I waited. but now i have caught up with the rest of the human race and I am thrilled with the Vita.

but I have a thousand and one questions...

does anyone have a case for this, and if so.. where did you get it from? I have looked at the ones on Amazon and I'm not sure. I am currently using a sock Undecided

while looking at Amazon, I saw that you can buy a spare battery! which like the PSP is a must for long flights, again, I just wondered of anyone else has brought one?

lastly.. have you guys found anywhere that sells the memory cards cheaper than say Amazon?
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Only place I have seen the cards as I am on the verge of buying one myself is Amazon for £55 same on ebay. Gamestaiton is £79.99 (robbing gits). There is a travel pack you can get £20 guy in Gamestation recommended it to me, has a small plastic box holds 8 games and 3 memory cards. Case is a soft one and he said he just uses that. The box fits in the case with the Vita. He also bought some screen protectors for it.

There is a hard case i've seen on the net but not sure i''d want a hard case for it.
I bought the First Edition Bundle and it came with a hard case that I really like. It's got space to put a multi-game holder or you can even put the USB charge cable in there. What's insane is that people have been paying $50+ for this case on eBay because it's the only way to get it unless you pay more than the MSRP for the F.E.B. I've seen the Hori case in person and the quality looks pretty good. I'd recommend that one.

As for memory prices, I got mine for super cheap but haven't seen anything close to what I paid. I got my first 32GB card for $40 and the second one for $75.
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
Here's a nice looking Thrustmaster case and a few cheapy ones here, here, here, and here. I'm thinking of getting the last cheapy one though the Thrustmaster looks nice if not quite bulky.

As for memory cards, I'm just gonna use Amazon myself as the 32GB card I bought in Gamestop was nearly €90. I'm not too arsed about the battery pack, not at least until I plan to go travelling again and that's probably a long ways off.

To answer your other question from the other thread about charging the Vita through the USB on the PS3, yep it's completely possible. I did a back up last week to the PS3 and while it was plugged in doing it's thing it charged. You just have to make sure that you have the USB Charge box ticked on the Vita...

Settings - System - USB Power Supply.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
Cool. I did see a hard case in tescos, looked ok for a fiver. But il keep it in a sock for now.

I will check that lil box fir the charging too, i did uncheck it for some reason.

are there any games out there that use the back touch screen a lot? msg uses it a tad, just seems like a wasted feature at the mo, or am i misguided?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

Yeah not a lot happening with the back pad but some games like Uncharted Golden Abyss and Escape Plan use it a bit, the latter more than the former.

You should browse the PSN Store for whatever free stuff they have and try out a few demo's.

I'm playing Ninja Gaiden, or trying to play Ninja Gaiden when I'm not getting my ass kicked and although I've not gotten too far yet, I think there's an option to use a bow with the touch pad. But that might be the front screen I'm not sure yet.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
I highly recommend the screen protector for the front. I put mine on, first day, and it hasn't affected game play or controls.

I don't use the back touchscreen too much but for one or two things per game. Reality Fighters, I believe, uses it, Super Stardust HD, and I forget what else I've used it for. WipEout 2048, I think.

is that a demo or the full game? just watched the GT review of gaiden.. looks really good.

part of me wants wipeout, part of me wants katamari... most of me wants hotshots golf... too many good games out.

oh and all of me wants dynasty warriors!

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is great and I too get my ass kicked in that one. :lol:
WipEout 2048 is awesome and even moreso if you already have WipEout HD and the Fury expansion pack because you can race and battle people on their PS3's and that is a lot of fun. I haven't played the game in a few weeks but the community was really strong for that one.

im a big fan of wipeout! damn... sounds good.

so anyone here got hotshots?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony can afford to lower the price of the Vita. frostface 0 16,301 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Copy and paste on Vita? MUSTANG750R 0 18,082 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  User Review - PS Vita Hot Shots Golf TheHighlander 0 6,747 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  MGS Vita News Fox hounder 0 2,870 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita plays more PSP games than you might think... TheHighlander 0 17,666 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Game's you'd love to see ported to the Vita. frostface 0 28,061 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Vita Recommendations. frostface 0 17,700 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  PS Vita or PS3? frostface 0 5,317 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Party Chat on the Vita. frostface 0 5,286 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: