Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What's Your Favorite PS2 Game?
My God, SOCOM was absolute CRACK to me. When that game released I was working midnights and would get home around 8:00 a.m. and there would be times that I was so involved in that game that when I would shut off my PS2 I had barely enough time to get ready for work. I loved all of the Metal Gear games, both God of War titles. I'm more into the less mainstream games like Siren, ObsCure, Frequency, the Clock Tower,and Fatal Frame series were great also.
In no particular order:

SotC
GoW series
GTA series
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
KH series
Devil May Cry
GT series
MGS 2/3
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. George Bernard Shaw
All the games mentioned are my top games too, i mean there are like 30 games mentioned so :p...

I'd like to add a game which i KNOW not may of you have played nor does it deserve to be with the likes of the GOW, MGS, GTA, GT or KH series in terms of quality and rating...It's 'The Mark of Kri'..It's a hack n slash game with a brilliant mix of characters, weapons and the Fun Factor which is always underated...Also the one hack n slash game with Stealth implemented briliantly..There was a sequel to it called 'The Rise of the Kasai'...Seriosly you guys should try the game...
I found a review that best describes the game and gives it a rating that i agree with...http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=1625
Let me just cite a line from the review that might help create some kind of impact. 'To put The Mark of Kri into one sentence: This is the Metal Gear Solid of melee combat, and one of the better sleeper hits you'll find all year round.'

Btw its made by Sony San Diego Studios and published by SCEA so you can imagine why you haven't heard about it (if you haven't).

Buy this used or something and just try it out, you won't be dissaponted..
Max Payne 1/2
Manhunt 1/2
TimeSplitters Future Perfect
The Punisher
All Tomb Raiders

and many others
Tied for First Place:
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Runner Ups (In no particular order):
  • Tekken Tag Tournament - my first PS2 game! and I believe it was technically the first PS2 game printed?
  • ICO
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Final Fantasy X-2 - Yes I'll admit it, I liked it. Mostly for the continuation of the story.
  • Gran Turismo A-Spec
  • Final Fantasy XII
Honorable Mentions:
  • Smuggler's Run - I had to look that one up because I couldn't remember the title, but yeah, it had me hooked for a while
  • Star Wars Starfighter - cool graphics at the time
In no particular order :

Ico
Shadow Of The Colossus
MGS2
MGS3
All the GTA's with a preference for Vice City cos of the 80's music, which I blame for me not completing the game cos I'd hear a fave track and slow down or turn around so I wouldnt complete a mission lol
The Bouncer, my first game I played on my PS2 when I got it, my mate even set it up for me while I was eating my tea downstairs haha.
Black
Kill.Switch
Max Payne 1 and 2
God Of War 1 and 2
God of war 1 and 2
Kingdom hearts 1 and 2
We love Katamari
RE:4
Starwars Battlefront
Baldurs gate Dark Alliance
Baldurs Gate Dark alliance 2
Starwars Battlefront 2
I have to add Star Ocean Till The End of Time to my list. I'm a little over 8 hours into it and I'm loving it.
Jak 2 or 3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console wars. Your favorite? Let's time travel... Arnold K. (Admin) 20 4,877 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Last Post: JustDeck09
  The best downloadable game is being released on the VC today Mr. SunburnMan 8 2,027 02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Last Post: Xeele
  Favorite Playstation game of all time? Ryan H. 60 10,572 09-13-2008, 01:46 PM
Last Post: marknemesis
  Game for Kids? dandan 9 1,674 07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Game Boy Color Discussion Kid 0 1,066 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Kid
  Game help PLEASE ragelllca 1 1,223 09-17-2007, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Metrod Prime 3: Finally a hardcore Wii game Mr. SunburnMan 4 1,453 09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  can somebody help me to play a game?? neilcable 2 1,292 08-18-2007, 01:11 AM
Last Post: cAtDaFeLiX
  Buy this game... Magoosh! 7 2,179 07-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  whats your latest PSP game? dillonthebunny 0 61,657 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: