Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your feelings on old school gaming???
Personally i love old school games. Ive recently went out and picked up a Genesis and SNES and started purchasing older games. This will also give my kids(when there born) a chance to see the way games were when i was young. Cause with gaming the way it is now, i'm not sure i want them to experience it to early. I love gaming to day, but i feel this will give them a chance to see how great the games of my time were. And it also gives me a chance to pick of some of my old favorites.
<b>I have nothing to show!!!</b>
Yes, I agree, old school gaming was the best. I still find myself playing SNES and Genesis games all the time. Especially the SNES RPG games like Chrono Trigger, Illusion of Gaia, Lufia II, etc. Sonic games on Genesis were great also. The thing I like about old school games was the developers mainly concentrated on gameplay and the games seem to have lots more replay value than games today.
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
Yeah it was great back when all we had to worry about was whether we could beat a game or not. Now all developers want to do is deliver eye candy.
That is why when Sony asked me what needed to be changed in the current state of videogames and I told them that developers need to concentrate on gameplay and not worry about the graphics. I used to get bashed for preferring graphics over gameplay on previous sites I posted on.:mad:

I still even like to play some of the early Playstation games that came out back in 1995 a lot although the graphics weren't very good.Wink
[Image: ManaKnight.png]
I love playing games like Streets Of Rage and Golden Axe. Then my all time favorite game is Mario Kart for the SNES. That battle mode was a classic.
if my nes still worked, i would most def. play some super mario 3 and tecmo bowl.
[Image: lighedshirt.gif]
yeah you guys alot of the older games are the best.
it would be neat if sony or somebody else made
a disc with all the old nintendo and atari games on it.
Hey NS, ive got an Extra nintendo somewhere if i find it your more than welcome to have it my man. I'll look for it tonight.
Quote:Originally posted by PlaystationFan
Yeah it was great back when all we had to worry about was whether we could beat a game or not. Now all developers want to do is deliver eye candy.

You don't seem to realize that 16 bit graphics were eyecandy back then.
yeah, I am down for the cause... I boung nintendo (got the original FF), and my brother bough SEGA.
Where there are no rules or boundries, there I play.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 9,902 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 2,248 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 1,885 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,348 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 2,993 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  In regards towards the recent attacks by the Church on Gaming! Dmitry M. (Lazer) 3 5,328 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM
  Professional Gaming svosen 17 1,072 01-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Last Post: svosen
  Gaming coincidents Linkin Park 47 6 898 12-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Ryan H.
  The Gaming Industry? PBKGangsta 6 721 08-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Sega's Ages Titles: Old School Gamers Come In! PlaystationFan 16 1,203 08-21-2003, 08:18 AM