Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your feelings on old school gaming???
There are a few emus for GBAs. So you can download them into a cart, and play NES games on the go.
if you want to look at carts go to http://www.lik-sang.com

you have to buy a cart and a thing called a 'flash linker' that connects to your PC via the printer port.
they have carts ranging up to 1gig! I only have a 128M cart, but like i say even with that I can get loads on.

basically you go to a site like 'Pocketnes' or 'foon' and download their newest version on the GBA emulator for Spectrum or nes games. then you go somewhere like 'worldofspectrum' or another site that does nes or spectrum roms and download like mad, each rom even on a 56k connection will download in a few seconds.

transfer those roms to this emulator that you have, that will convert it in to a single rom that you then upload to your flash linker.

with speccy roms you have three different types, and only 48k z80 roms will work, though people are hacking it, so it shouldn't be too long with the 128k games.

soon there should be snes and Megadrive emu's for GBA's... looking forward to that.

I must point out though even though its pretty safe to keep all your speccy roms for a long time, Nes games you can only keep for 24hours and then you must delete them...:eek:
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Alot of the old school games are sooooooooooo sooo soo addicting! AHAH i love those thingsBig Grin
i got NES when it came out, and i still see myself buying games
when i found out about the new contra coming out, i had to go diggin for my nes contra, i couldnt find it so i had to buy a new copy(and about 10 other games)
oh yeah !!! i think i'd still be playing my atari 5200 if the controllers still worked ... Sad
playing 'last ninja' from the Nes at the mo....

great game, way ahead of its time.
[Image: 946907_103428.jpg] [Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. known to some as the 'anti wife light'..

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
I love the old games and regret that nowadays the variety of games have decreased enormously. I used to play on the Amiga system and especially games like R-type, Pirates, Lords of the Realm and UFO:Enemy Unknown are great.
It would be great to see an update of UFO. I think many that know the game would agree. For old time's sake I sometimes fire up my Amiga once more just for the fun of it. Some things like watching the intro of Cannon Fodder or play a course of an early PGA golf version can do miracles again.
The one thing I don't miss are the sometimes long periods you had to wait before knowing whether you're game worked or not.
I hope the consoles are going to have a wider array of games soon, because what I see is that they are releasing far more sequels than new games.
I wouldn't expect snes or megadrive emulators on gba anytime soon. The dreamcast versions of these emulators still don't run at full speed. Btw, if anyone is interested in old-school games go to http://www.dcemulation.com and you can get all kinds of emulators on dreamcast, plus mp3 players and a whole lot of other stuff. All you need is a cd burner (and all the real versions of the games, of courseWink )
Old School is the best School Smile
Anybody else play (and love) Wolfenstein 3D on PC? That game was absolutely awesome, imo. I never really liked Doom, which came out at about the same time.

Actually, I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D BEFORE ever hearing about Doom. In fact, I thought Doom was a rip-off of W3D.

Anyone know for sure which came first?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." -- Ephesians 4:2

[Image: image.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 9,904 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 2,249 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 1,885 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,349 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 2,993 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec
  In regards towards the recent attacks by the Church on Gaming! Dmitry M. (Lazer) 3 5,329 06-19-2007, 03:33 AM
  Professional Gaming svosen 17 1,072 01-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Last Post: svosen
  Gaming coincidents Linkin Park 47 6 898 12-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Ryan H.
  The Gaming Industry? PBKGangsta 6 721 08-21-2003, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  Sega's Ages Titles: Old School Gamers Come In! PlaystationFan 16 1,203 08-21-2003, 08:18 AM