Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your retro phase
I'm looking forward to Spore but the DRM is going to annoy me. Three permitted activations (which is necessary for every reinstall or hardware upgrade) is going to get used up quick, especially while the upgrading part has yet to be clarified. Hell, as soon as I get the game it will be going on both our gaming PCs and possibly my brother's laptop. It seems likely that I'll get one legal copy and then just use a pirated one for the others or to get round subsequent activation, unless that seriously limits the online part.
Currently Playing: Overwatch (PC/PS4) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
So I'm playing through Baldur's Gate and stuff, I just wanted to know, did anyone find it hard to play without a walkthrough? The journal system is so godawful and unorganized compared to NWN and titles like that that I find myself needing a walkthrough to organize my quests. If there was one thing people could fix about the game it'd be that, in fact, I'm surprised a mod like that doesn't exist. One for every city with a subcategory for the person who offered it to you.
Well I only played the BG games back when BG2 was first released, before other games came along and improved on its mechanics. To be honest I don't even really remember the journal system. Was it one long stream of text, in the order you receive the entries? So more like how it would be if you were actually writing them into a journal than as something useful for a game.
I loved BG for the ps2, think i beat it fairly smoothly without much need for a walkthrough. Recall getting stuck and unable to progress well into BG2 due to not having enough quality items, and i ended up so far into the game i decided not to retry it. Im really digging Drakan, which has a lot of the BG style, but the combat isnt quite as rugged as it seemed to be in those games...
Drakan rocked butt! Just finished it yesterday, if anyone gets the chance who hasnt, pick it up, very, very fun game!!! Nice mix all around, rpg, action adventure, if youve played some of the Baldurs Gate series and enjoyed it, you will really dig this one!!!
The PS2 BG games or the PC classic? Not that it matters, I kinda like both. Anyone remember Gauntlet? That shit was so fun back in the day.

I'm currently playing through planescape torment which has been pretty awesome so far. It's pretty unique stuff considering the lack of a traditional fantasy world, but it isn't modern either. It's pretty interesting.
The ps2 versions of BG are what ive played, but im sure id dig the pc too. Hmmm havent played Gauntlet yet, may just give it a shot. I know that Square made a similar game to Drakan also, will mention it if i get a chance to check it out...
I'm not playing baldur's gate currently but i'm gonna check if one of my friends has it, cause it looks pretty good. But right now i'm trying play through ff7 and try to get all the extras and what not. And then playing super metroid which is still imo a fantastic adventure game.
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.
Yeah Super Metroid rocked ass! Ive got a shirt i bought with Samus on the back way back in the early 90's when the game first came out. Definitely a winner there...
Yeah it does kick ass, and speaking of samus stuff did any of you guys see pics of that art exibition, i think it was called "8-bit". but yeah it some really cool art and there was a amazing painting of samus about to take on someone.
(Quote from Men In Black)
Edwards
: Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it.
Kay: A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retro Window: Post video links or pictures of your old favorites BlinkBoy 0 1,943 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  I just purchased a Retro Duo II (NES/SNES) Frenchy17 0 1,125 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Retro Games Quiz tlpn99 0 1,267 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: