PlayStation Extreme Forums - PSXE
Welcome Back! :D - Printable Version

+- PlayStation Extreme Forums - PSXE (https://psxextremeforums.com)
+-- Forum: Forum Information (https://psxextremeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Rules & Announcements (https://psxextremeforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Thread: Welcome Back! :D (/showthread.php?tid=22772)

Welcome Back! :D - Sidular - 08-18-2017

Since 1999, PSX Extreme has been providing PlayStation fans worldwide with the absolute best in gaming coverage. News, previews, reviews, and everything else in between. This website has a rich history of awesomeness. 
Then in 2015, things started to slow down, only to come to an absolute halt in 2016. Since then, the site has been sitting idle. This vast and wonderful community of mature gamers became a memory. The days of "Big Blue" were over. Things were dead. The world had ended. 

Okay, so maybe that's a bit melodramatic, but you get the idea. Things weren't great.

Thankfully, I'm super pleased to announce that Sidular has acquired PSX Extreme, and will be reviving this wonderful website and community for 2017 and beyond. 
So welcome back, everyone! Didja miss us?  Big Grin

More About Me
My name is Tyler Harvey, and I'm the founder of Sidular. I've been using PSX Extreme since 2007 under the name wiiplay. I wasn't super active here, with me mostly just reading the articles, and not so much engaging in conversation. 

Anyway, I figured I'd use this thread to go over some info on who I am, what I plan to do with PSXE, and also whether or not I'm a corporate robot designed to take over the world. 

Q. Are you some kind of corporate thing?
A. No. I'm just a dude turned owner, who wants to desperately see the website that I grew up with become great again. 

Q. Sidular? I thought you went by the name of wiiplay? 
A. In 2007 (which was when I joined PSXE) I ran a Nintendo DS Friend Code website, which allowed users to share their friend codes for several popular NDS games. At the time, I went by the name of wiiplay. So, naturally I signed up to PSXE using the name that others knew me by. It wasn't until 2010 that I came up with Sidular, and started using that ID in online games. Wiiplay became a relic of my past. 

Q. Is Sidular a company?
A. Yeah, Sidular is also a company, with me (Tyler Harvey) as the sole proprietor. 

Q. What is this Sidular Network thing? 
A. Sidular Network is just a brand name I use to describe the various websites and services that I run. It's my way of also trying to connect everything together. Sharing resources between the various websites is also a huge deal. 

Q. What are your plans for PSX Extreme?
A. The short answer is I want to see PSXE grow, and basically become one of the largest gaming news sites in the world, just like it used to be a few years back. 
The longer answer is a tad more complicated. My plans are to launch a network of gaming websites, with PSXE covering the PlayStation stuff. I've personally always been a huge fan of gaming, and am not a fanboy for any one console or service. So, I want this network of mine to represent a larger community of gamers. Nintendo, Xbox, PC, and everything else in between. I want everybody to have a safe and enjoyable place to come together and just talk about the things they love. By the end of the day, we're all gamers, and we're all here to have fun. 

Q. What are you going to be changing? 
A. Everything you've grown to love about PSX Extreme is here to stay forever. I love this site, and I know how much loyalty some of our older members have for it. I'd never do anything to harm PSXE's reputation in any way. However, that isn't to say that I won't be making any changes at all. 

For starters, I will be moving the entire website over to a different platform, as what we have now is very old and very outdated, as I'm some some of our editors can verify. 

I will also be removing some of the older features that the site has, but no one really uses either because there's no reason to do so, nobody knows they even exist, or because they're broken and haven't functioned normally for years. Like, did you know that you can submit cheat codes? Or that you can publish your own reviews? Don't worry, you're not alone. 

Q. What about the account system?
A. Unfortunately, the current account system is being phased out. As we move to a more modern platform, it sadly means the removal of our account and comment system. I know a fair number of our users love our comment system, but quite frankly, it's a total pain in the ass to maintain, and is not in any way compatible with modern mobile browsers and devices. It's just... flawed, and needs to go. This change won't affect our forums at all. 

Q. What happened to Ben? 
A. Ben Dutka left PSX Extreme in 2016, and has moved on to other ventures. He's not expected to return. 

Q. Is PSX Extreme looking for new contributors?
A. Yup! If you're interested in writing for PSX Extreme, send us a message on Facebook

I'll update this later. Just wanted to get everything out of the way, and provide some general info on what I'm doing with the site. If you have any questions, feel free to reply back and I'll answer as soon as I can.