Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSX Extreme GOTY Awards Now Up (Updated)
Here are our PS2 GOTY

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/misc/m...?MiscID=92

PSP GOTY
http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/misc/m...?MiscID=93

Extreme Picks (Editor's Picks)
http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/misc/m...?MiscID=94

Extreme Duds
http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/misc/m...?MiscID=95

Feel free to share your thoughts on our picks. I'm sure you all agree with them! Wink
[Image: beetlepants.png]
As I told you, there are some typos. I'll clue you in tomorrow per your request.

Other than that I think you guys did a great job on the article, and I cannot disagree with your top pick. I don't think anyone can.

Not if they've played God of War.
god of war...that was my pick too!

I want to play indigo prophecy really bad, I might pick it up tomorrow before I go to work...i've played the HELL out of the demo.
If GOD Of War wasn't in the #1 spot I'd...I'd, Confusedmilehead

No but really GOW does deserve that honor on EVERY GAME SITE & MAGAZINE OUT THERE!!! MGS:Sanke Eater I think should have made the list SOMEWHERE, but I can't speak on the 2 titles Guitar Hero, since I never played or actually know anyone with it.
Indigo Prophecy on the other hand I at least have seen some trailers and clips and looks like it's decent in a murder novel videogame way and I might give it a go around if I find it cheap.

Resident Evil 4 I have no arguement with it being on the top 5 but no way should the PS2 GOTY go to a port of the GOTY for 05'. A technical achievement award or something of the likes since it quote "cannot be done on the PS2". yeah, of course it can't. When the PS3 releases hopefully Team Ninja will get off their high horse, DOA2 is still one of the most badass looking fighting games on the PS2 and it was 1st gen!!
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!
I'd have done it in a different order (RE4, Burnout, GoW) but I agree with the top three choices.
Bumped for the new content.
[Image: beetlepants.png]
Quote:Originally posted by Mista
If GOD Of War wasn't in the #1 spot I'd...I'd, Confusedmilehead

No but really GOW does deserve that honor on EVERY GAME SITE & MAGAZINE OUT THERE!!! MGS:Sanke Eater I think should have made the list SOMEWHERE, but I can't speak on the 2 titles Guitar Hero, since I never played or actually know anyone with it.
Indigo Prophecy on the other hand I at least have seen some trailers and clips and looks like it's decent in a murder novel videogame way and I might give it a go around if I find it cheap.

Resident Evil 4 I have no arguement with it being on the top 5 but no way should the PS2 GOTY go to a port of the GOTY for 05'. A technical achievement award or something of the likes since it quote "cannot be done on the PS2". yeah, of course it can't. When the PS3 releases hopefully Team Ninja will get off their high horse, DOA2 is still one of the most badass looking fighting games on the PS2 and it was 1st gen!!

Snake Eater came out in 2004.
God of War and Resident Evil 4 both fall under the correct position. I agree completely that it had to be one of those 2 games in 1st place.

But what happened to Shadow of the Colossus. I feel as if it was robbed the top 5 position. I mean i personally haven't played Indigo Prophecy i think Shadow of the Colossus deserved to be in the top 5.

The PSP games i have no problem with, you got them spot on. Lumines is the only title out of the PSP that imo is worthwhile.
------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: fg_sig.jpg]
------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler"
- Albert Einstein

Can't agree with God of War. Sorry.Confusedmilehead
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Ryan

Snake Eater came out in 2004.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confusedmilefore
W3LCOM3 2 TH3 N3XT G3N3RATION!

PS3: God of War 3, Heavy Rain, White Knight Chronicles,
SSF IV, Final Fantasy XIII, Bio Shock 2, GT5, trICO.

X360: Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake.

PSP: I want new hardware!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $50 Monthly Giveaway via PSX Extreme Sidular 4 771 11-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Last Post: farfus
  PSX Extreme News - Now Updated Throughout the Day BuddyC 14 1,025 04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Last Post: BuddyC
  GameSpy's GOTY. bigloser 20 1,176 01-12-2004, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  PSX Extreme E3 Pictures Matthew S. 18 1,161 06-01-2003, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Ryan H.
  Best of E3 2003 Awards. I present the categories Arnold K. (Admin) 7 705 05-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Arnold K. (Admin)
  Game “Oscars” - best set awards? xtreemgmr84 8 551 05-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Last Post: xtreemgmr84
  GamePro Magazine Announces Its 13th Annual Readers' Choice Awards Winners! Odmist 8 847 04-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  Game Giveaway by PSX Extreme & Xbox Nerds Forum 0 166 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Driver 3 (Watch out 56kers!!! Updated images!) dillonthebunny 0 1,156 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  updated game collections nice shirt 0 829 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: