Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are You Playing? PC Edition
Yes, console gaming is mainly where it's at these days outside of WoW, The Sims and Popcap, but people still use their PCs a bit, right? Right? I figured I'd start this thread anyway and see if it sinks into oblivion.

I've finally gotten around to installing The Orange Box. Once all the Steam crap was out of the way I played Portal and it was excellent from start to finish, taking Narbacular Drop's concept and really running it up into an excellent puzzle game filled with humour. Another finely crafted Valve title.

I'm probably going to go back to Half-Life 2 next and start from scratch because I never finished it and keep going back to it in bits and pieces, then go straight into the two episodes. I'm even tempted to start Half-Life all over again because I only played it through the once, then maybe go into Opposing Force and Blue Shift...
If I play something on my PC it is a browser based MMORPG called RuneScape. It is addictive but I take long breaks from it from time to time.
[Image: Xenogears_XenogearsID_facing_720.jpg]
Xenogears vs Xenogears-ID

Now Playing:
  • PS3: White Knight Chronicles 2
  • Wii: Xenoblade Chronicle
  • Where did all these Chronicles come from?

Wait...the PC still plays games? No WAY. :uhoh:
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard
Yes the PC still games Ben! I have the Orange Box, Crysis, Tiberium Wars, Alone in the Dark, Aliens vs Predator 2, Counter Strike, Starcraft, Battlefront 2, and Warcraft 3 on my PC, and anxiously awaiting Starcraft 2 thank you!
I haven't played anything other than webgames for a long time. My last installs were the Dawn of War trilogy and even though I'm a huge fan it wasn't enough to keep me away from my consoles.
\"...and he shall ascend from the fires of Hell...\"
"everyone knows second hand squirrel kills." - Svosen
[Image: britpsxesmall.jpg]

3 forum tokens
For someone that says that a true gamer should own a 360 and a PS3, I'm not understanding the PC bashing. It's been a breath of fresh air for me throughout the incredibly dull lulls between decent console titles (which are usually better on PC if you have the machine to run them). I know it was supposed to be a joke and stuff, but really?

Anyway, I've been playing planescape torment.A much, much better RPG than some of the stuff I've played lately. I seriously don't get the quality drop in the genre.

Unfortunately The Benny, it looks like we're alone in our endeavor to gaming on the PC.
Ahhhhh Runescape xD :hail:

Still havent gotten episode two and I'm beating myself over being so lazy!!
But I do enjoy playing HL2 with cheats haha
just messing around a bit can be tons of fun. Also looking for G-man that tricky bast*rd!
Add me on the PSN: chrizzizzippi
Stalk me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrizzizzippi
Deep thoughts are deep:http://chrislovesoma.tumblr.com/
i havent got a gaming PC.. but if i did, i would have this one... ahem.

http://www.custompc.co.uk/features/60472...g-xcp.html

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Unfortunately championing PC gaming mostly involves looking back. Some of my highlights are from the BioWare/BlackIsle RPGs like Baldur's Gate and Fallout which aren't being made any more (though Dragon Age is a possibility, even with console ports) and adventure games like Monkey Island and Full Throttle, a genre which has fallen so far out of vogue that LucasArts (its champions) don't even make them any more.

All it really has now is the better control system for RTS games, a slight (and frankly negligible) edge in FPS games and the benefits of being an open system.
As Benny just said, it involves "looking back."

You won't find anything "fresh" on the PC. Hasn't been in over a decade. That's not bashing, that's just the way it is.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something."
-- Plato

"Small minds are interested in the extraordinary, great minds in the commonplace."
-- Elbert Hubbard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Are You Playing Right Now? dillonthebunny 5,624 505,468 07-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: farfus
  What Are You Playing This Weekend? Spartan119 35 4,380 04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  Anyone playing Bad Company? dillonthebunny 13 3,816 07-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  Anybody here playing World of Warcraft? RickyP 6 4,655 03-04-2008, 12:57 AM
Last Post: Isamu69
  What are you playing on? Ryan H. 8 2,414 06-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  limited edition MGS GameCube Bundle bigloser 5 1,231 02-02-2004, 05:55 AM
Last Post: sabbas
  Playing import games w/o a modchip! jumbo 9 1,547 08-21-2003, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Stanley
  Are We Geeks Foir Playing Video Games? Reggie White 18 2,274 08-20-2003, 02:40 AM
Last Post: Reggie White
  Animal Crossing: Anyone Still Playing? Reggie White 11 1,850 08-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Last Post: PlaystationFan
  What fighting game are you most looking forward to playing? ag142 24 2,583 08-01-2003, 06:05 PM
Last Post: ag142