Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunny plays his first PC game in years (spore)
Anyone else playing? I'd like to add you to my list to have some of your creations in my game.

Here's my profile.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/SunburnMan
[Image: MrSunburnMan.png]
The DRM is killing my enthusiasm for it. I despise the whole limited activations/installations concept and apparently you can't even have multiple accounts on the one PC because of it. I'm tempted to skip the game altogether, but I will pick it up at some point.
do you think this will ever hit the PS3?

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:
Not with good controls.

I'm all the way up to the Space stage. Which seems like it could take forever to explore.
The Civ stage was terrible. Took me only like an hour to beat it. They could have done much more with this but didn't. Way too easy.
"I'm the body with the coroner, Many friends yet still a loner."

"Black then white are all i see in my infancy. Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me."
I am The Giver. Thank you Tool.
That's what I've been hearing, that every stage prior to space is basically a long tutorial for that final stage, teaching you all the concepts you'll use and building up a race that you have an affinity for. That wasn't quite how it had been billed before it launched.
Basically a solid day of playing spore, and I hit the trip to space. Saved it, stopped, haven't loaded it back up. It's fun for a short time, but I don't see any real long lasting appeal to it. It's just not THAT good.

Honestly, I enjoyed E.V.O Search for Eden for the SNES much more. For anyone who doesn't remember that game, Spore is basically a new generation remake of what E.V.O was. Basically, it's a game about the evolution on Earth. You start out as a little fish, gain points by eating plants and meat. Points go to evolutionary growth in various ways, changing the way you look. You could create some really funky looking creatures!

On spore... don't think it's worth the price it sells for. Plus with the DRM crap, it makes EA look more like... oh... I dunno... The government? :lol:
It's things like that which remind me of the movie Congo "We are... watching you!" :omg:
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
Mr. SunburnMan Wrote:Anyone else playing? I'd like to add you to my list to have some of your creations in my game.

Here's my profile.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/SunburnMan

Haha, you miss out on all the awesome PC titles.

Anyway, I played it but was at the stage before the space stage? This was hyped? It's OK, that's about as much enthusiasm as I can muster up for it. I think Will Wright tried to cater to the casual crowd way too much here, it just... has no depth. I definitely liked the Sims 2 much better than this game. It feels like a beta build where they didn't put in all the cool features. It's just raw, and hopefully if there is a sequel it can be what this game was supposed to. Then again, I find myself saying that a lot lately.
Hmm, almost forgot to mention my favorite feature about Spore...

After years, it finally gave my computer something to do other than internet, ffxi, movies/anime, oh, and the ocassional nostalgic moment of putting an old PC game in... Say... Dark Reign 2.

Not only did I get to FINALLY! see my nVidia 6800 Ultra do something, of all things I got to see it cook itself into overheating compliments of poor system cooling, and a f'ing lousy Dell fan that doesn't blow air unless you bypass the default settings and crank the fan to 100% and open the case.

Yes... Spore nearly fried my PC!
As evolution would have it, you either die or adapt, I'm getting a card cage fan which the stupid Dell bios have been nagging at me about ever since I put the card into it, and getting an Arctic fan and thermal compound.

Until those things arrive... No more spore for me! Sad

Oh, and a final note on the Dell issue, they don't even put a frigging thermal sensor on the motherboard for the CPU, so for all I know, the CPU could be frying eggs. :mad:

Maybe I should join the army of angry Amazon reviewers and claim that Spore fried my computer? :lol:
EA = computer wrecker!

Next stop... Crysis! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(expect to never see me again, my computer will likely blow up into flames!)
9/2/2010 - Leaving PSXE. The site imo has become a breeding ground for fanboys and extemists. I can get my PS3 news anywhere, and PSXE does not breed a community that is exactly welcoming.

Some of you shall be missed though! I think you few know who you are Smile
A few of you are actually on my PSN list at that! Cool
3 years ago I was looking forward to spore more than any game I had ever seen. Unfortunately as more information has released the game has looked less appealing. Now I simply can't get excited about it and don't see myself buying this thing.
[Image: design-sparta.jpg][Image: SHADOWsoldier-.png][url=http://www.psxextremeforums.com/off-topic-forum/12888-2011-nfl-thread.html][/url]
would you buy it on the ps3 if it came out?

I think I would, but after reading up on it, seems there are no plans. I just dont like PC gaming anymore, and dont own a 360, so I guess this one will be passing me by.

Legend Edgemaster of the Unicorn. oh and nine thousand fake forum tokens, 3 real ones and 5 special tokens mysteriously protected by a blinding white aura.. 

""Bombing for peace is like ****ing for virginity"

"NO OFFENCE" R.I.P @PS3 :evil:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last game you completed. frostface 13 3,709 04-20-2018, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Spartan119
  PSXE Game Club (Possible Spoilers) frostface 2 1,810 04-11-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: frostface
  Last Game You Beat? TrueAssassin86x 2 1,833 05-20-2017, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Spartan119
  Most valuable game? farfus 47 13,176 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Last Post: farfus
  What cartoon would you make a game out of? antscrubber 23 7,691 02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
Last Post: SHADOW
  SHADOW's PC game wish list SHADOW 13 3,252 09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Superjew
  Japan's Favourite Video Game Characters The Benny (Macho) 4 2,216 08-13-2008, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Video Game World Records. FTheMan 0 1,490 06-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Last Post: FTheMan
  The 2nd best puzzle game of all time is downloadable on PSN and XBLA Mr. SunburnMan 7 2,686 09-12-2007, 04:23 AM
Last Post: dillonthebunny
  The downloadable game story so far Mr. SunburnMan 10 3,517 05-03-2007, 10:04 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013