Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaming News
I'll quote myself from the X1 thread:

The Benny (Macho) Wrote:I'd be very surprised if it stays exclusive, seeing as big launch titles like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse have come to PC (further removing any incentive to buy the Xbox One). If it's not published by Microsoft it won't stay solely with Microsoft. It's a nice little coup for Christmas though, as the first game was really rather good.
Currently Playing: Shadow of War (PC) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
cLoudou Wrote:How dumb is Square Enix? http://www.totalxbox.com/80266/rise-of-t...-xbox-one/

Very! SadSad:mad::eek::boo::nosense:
My comment about how 'if it's not published by Microsoft it won't stay solely with Microsoft' actually wasn't correct, because Dead Rising 3 and Ryse actually were published by Microsoft on the Xbox One, but they've still come to PC with the publishers who own the respective developers. There's nothing about this to suggest it will stay exclusive for long.

There's some spectacular crying over this Tomb Raider news on the main site (despite Ben giving a logical explanation for it), sadly demonstrating that all the irrational fanboyism and idiocy hasn't gone away, the PS3 and PS4 were just doing well enough that it went dormant for a while. Two companies have made a mutually-beneficial business deal, as companies often do, and suddenly it's ranting and outrage and talk of betrayal.

If the Tomb Raider reboot was good enough for people to have to play the sequel immediately upon release, then they should get themselves an Xbox One. Or if it's not so essential they can do what I'm doing, assume it will come to other systems later and buy it then, probably with extra DLC and at a cheaper price. There's nothing about this news that's worth getting worked up over.
Currently Playing: Shadow of War (PC) | Nathan Drake Collection [Uncharted 3] (PS4) Breath of the Wild (Switch) ReCore (XBOne)
The Benny (Macho) Wrote:My comment about how 'if it's not published by Microsoft it won't stay solely with Microsoft' actually wasn't correct, because Dead Rising 3 and Ryse actually were published by Microsoft on the Xbox One, but they've still come to PC with the publishers who own the respective developers. There's nothing about this to suggest it will stay exclusive for long.

There's some spectacular crying over this Tomb Raider news on the main site (despite Ben giving a logical explanation for it), sadly demonstrating that all the irrational fanboyism and idiocy hasn't gone away, the PS3 and PS4 were just doing well enough that it went dormant for a while. Two companies have made a mutually-beneficial business deal, as companies often do, and suddenly it's ranting and outrage and talk of betrayal.

If the Tomb Raider reboot was good enough for people to have to play the sequel immediately upon release, then they should get themselves an Xbox One. Or if it's not so essential they can do what I'm doing, assume it will come to other systems later and buy it then, probably with extra DLC and at a cheaper price. There's nothing about this news that's worth getting worked up over.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2...exclusive/
Well you can see that in the wording everybody was using, they were throwing out 'in holiday 2015' practically like an involuntary spasm. "Rise of the Tomb Raider is an Xbox One and Xbox 360 exclusive in holiday 2015." "The game is absolutely, one hundred per cent exclusive to our systems in holiday 2015." "We have no plans to release on other systems in holiday 2015."

Unless the game is actually made by Microsoft there's no reason for it to stay solely with Microsoft beyond the terms in whatever contract has been signed, none of which are ever specified to last forever and ever.
I guess Blizzard needed a new game to cancel, because they've just announced a new one at BlizzCon. It's... Team Fortress 2?

[youtube]pYC44YPb_5k[/youtube]

They haven't confirmed anything yet, but it looks ripe for some MOBA-style additional characters, maybe even releasing as free-to-play.
Uncharted 4 pushed into Spring 2016
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
When was it supposed to release, the end of this year?
I don't know that it was ever officially confirmed for end of this year but apparently it's being 'pushed back'.
Feel free to add me on psn: frost-facechilla
Follow me on Twitter: frostface

[Image: frost-facechilla.png]
That's what I thought, but it does seem like the assumption was that it would be holiday 2015. It's like I said yesterday though, nobody wants to release the same year as the Batman, he's just too damn awesome. So awesome in fact that Naughty Dog are even announcing delays for a game they haven't announced a date for :hail:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Console Gaming VS. Computer Gaming!! On On-Going Debate!! PlaystationFan 55 11,802 03-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Last Post: farfus
  Gaming Memories The Benny (Macho) 11 2,601 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Last Post: The Benny (Macho)
  Your feelings on old school gaming??? PlaystationFan 52 5,104 11-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Last Post: tlpn99
  SquareEnix DKΣ3713 Event - News Speculations Zapix 28 3,096 08-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Superjew
  Gaming News joshhodg 5 2,014 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Gabriel013
  isnt it about time we had some bad news about GTA4? dillonthebunny 17 1,354 04-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Last Post: HannibleL316
  EA= bad news for Bad Company? dillonthebunny 11 1,366 04-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Zapix
  Your piles of gaming shames Mr. SunburnMan 23 1,561 03-12-2008, 01:01 AM
Last Post: svosen
  Any news on that Bioshock trailer? dillonthebunny 35 3,304 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Mr. SunburnMan
  The official Gaming Deals thread. Mr. SunburnMan 2 3,135 08-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Norrec