Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you getting sick of Assassins Creed?
Honestly?

I have been one of the biggest fans of the series, I loved the first one when everyone else complained about the repetitiveness. But I find myself not all that interested in Revelations.

I am buying it, but mainly because I feel obliged to do so. The sole reason for buying a game should never be this, and I am not the only one.

Several reviews are coming back with 6-7s due to the fact that this is the 3rd year in a row that an AC has been released, and it is pretty much the same as ACII. Which is true, ACII was a massive improvement in the series, but ever since then, they just keep pumping them out. With another installment announced for next year, I can honestly say I am NOT looking forward to it at all.

The same engine, the same formula, the same thing.

They need to give people time to miss the series, time to want it. AC IS NOT COD!!! COD succeeds every year because it is mainly a multiplayer powerhouse, AC IS NOT! multiplayer is fun, but a somewhat unnessesary distraction from the games main feature, the single player story line.
Short answer...yes.

Ubisoft doesn't really have much else that sells like Assassins Creed, it would be unwise to oversaturate the market with their only trump card. They should put more resources into the new Rainbow Six game. If they can put out a military shooter that can really stand up to EA and Activision, it would give them something else to push out in the likely event that Assassins Creed declines in quality and popularity.

The last two R6 games were epic, so hopefully they could continue that tradition. They also had the best cover system in any FPS that I've played. Put simply, Ubisoft needs another standout series like AC. They are putting all of their eggs in one basket, and that is never a smart tactic.

I did want to disagree with one point that you made OP. I don't see how having the same engine is a problem. CoD has essentially been running on the same engine since CoD2, albeit with modifications, refinements, and advances along the way. As we know, it is possible to make great games with out of date technology. An old engine isn't generally what leads to a shitty game. Uninspired gameplay, boring story, and head scratching design choices are all causes of bad games. For example, look at all of the games made with Unreal Engine 3. Batman: Arkham Asylum and Mass Effect 1-3 vs Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Duke Nukem Forever. The engine doesn't matter, the game design on the other hand does.
System: Gigabyte GA-Z77X UP5 TH/Intel Core i5 3570k/MSI Nvidia GTX 770/8GB PC3-12800/Fractal Design Define R4/Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB x2/Windows 8.1 & OS X Mavericks
I didn't like the first because of the repetitivenous, but it had great potential as seen in ACII. I didn't like Brotherhood as much as 2, story didn't seem as strong. I will buy Revelations but on the cheap probably on Black Friday if I'm off.

To be honest I would prefer a new single player campaign yearly rather than a yearly copy /paste multiplayer title with the SP as an afterthought.

Short answer : No.
[Image: 1.png]
Follow me on Twitter....or not, your choice : @HardlyCLoudy
Go Browns! Go Tribe! Go Cavs!
Why do I continue to root, when we continue to lose? Love my city, Go Cleveland!
Why would you feel obligated to buy a game?
Akuma07 Wrote:But I find myself not all that interested in Revelations.

I am buying it, but mainly because I feel obliged to do so.
:nosense:
[Image: rmartinez10.png]

"Working out everyday, slapping the double chins. They're so purdy." :rofl:
I liked AC2 but after playing about 2 hrs into the last one was like hmmm this is way too familiar. And yes i will not be playing another AC game anytime soon...
I haven't even touched Brotherhood yet, so I can't really tell you if I will get sick of it or not. Though I agree with you, and I said this the day Brotherhood was announced, they need to give people time to miss a series. But I guess the whole 2012 plot only allows for so many releases, which is why they are squeezing cash out of their biggest series ever while they can. Expect to see AC III next year.
Akuma07 Wrote:They need to give people time to miss the series, time to want it. AC IS NOT COD!!! COD succeeds every year because it is mainly a multiplayer powerhouse, AC IS NOT!

This is exactly it. COD is like the sports games (I consider team mp to have much more similarities with sports games than regular shooters) while single player games are more like movies: As much as I loved the Matrix series I would not want to have a new Matrix movie each year. That'd be ludacris.

The publishers should rather have three fantastic IPs each released on a three-year schedule rather than destroy one by going yearly release plan. It is too much!
PSN & Steam & Wordfeud & UniWar: Beamboom
I thought Brotherhood brought a ton of extra content to the series. I mean, sure, the jump from AC2 to AC:B wasn't as big as AC1 to AC2... but come on.... the jump from AC1 to AC2 was massive. I don't think it's fair to be disappointed the jump from 2 to the 3rd.

As for me, short answer: no.

This is my favorite series this generation. I'm been anxiously awaiting it's release for a few months now. I got it today and will play it sometime this week. Although, I may finish Uncharted 3 first. (chapter 22)
[Image: 1.png]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go Jays! Go Raptors! Go.... JETS! (sorry leafs. Not interested.)

Jays 2012. I'm callin' it right now.
Beamboom Wrote:This is exactly it. COD is like the sports games (I consider team mp to have much more similarities with sports games than regular shooters) while single player games are more like movies: As much as I loved the Matrix series I would not want to have a new Matrix movie each year. That'd be ludacris.

The publishers should rather have three fantastic IPs each released on a three-year schedule rather than destroy one by going yearly release plan. It is too much!

I would personally love a new James Bond movie every year. No matter what, Bond is awesome! :rox::rox::rox:
System: Gigabyte GA-Z77X UP5 TH/Intel Core i5 3570k/MSI Nvidia GTX 770/8GB PC3-12800/Fractal Design Define R4/Samsung 840 EVO 120 GB x2/Windows 8.1 & OS X Mavericks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sick of ps2 online and lagging rooms!!! bgdaddee2002 3 1,076 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Last Post: MCMUSICH
  Sick Bastards! Antonio 8 1,001 04-02-2003, 07:25 PM
Last Post: TtTackler
  Tenchu: Time of the Assassins PSXE sheats??!? dillonthebunny 0 755 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Assassins creed.. NOT friends of 56K clan!! dillonthebunny 0 6,548 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Assassins Creed2, Ubisoft This is a must!!! Wyndliss 0 1,122 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Getting sick of these console war stories. SHADOW 0 1,755 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Assassin's Creed 2: Venice? The Benny (Macho) 0 1,038 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Assassin's Creed 2 Site Up The Benny (Macho) 0 1,728 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Assassin's Creed 2 magazine scans ! Sir Shak 0 726 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Sick and tired of fanboys Jordahn 0 845 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: